Is Halsey about to flop?

Starfish

Her first 3 album pre release songs made no noise and her online persona is the most insufferable she has ever been. Is it over? 

• Thumbs Down 3

she's used to it, it's okay

• Haha 1

Did we expect anything else? I knew this era was doomed once Lucky flopped. :emofish:

No shade but she clearly peaked in the 2010s. I highly doubt she's ever going to have another commercial era.

is there an artist that doesn't have a flop era? It happens, the thing is, how will she bounce back, but the thing is, she's now in a place where she is doing it for herself and we should allow her to have such era, and who knows, the era may surprise us! Let's not burry the album before it's even released.

• Thanks 1

I think she's accepted that her few years of commercial success was a fluke, but at least she can still tour and has a niche fanbase that supports her. I doubt topping the charts is even a priority for her given that the sis is ill. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I mean during her commercial peak she always firmly maintained that she wasn't a Popstar and that she didn't want to be one so this is probably exactly where she wants to be

Honestly she does not care about the charts and that's fine

She already has like 3 songs that have a billion streams, she can live financially independent with ease

I like that she is making music that she enjoys rather than catering to GP

spacer.png

Btw make sure to stream 'Ego' this Friday!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

insufferable? she barely posts unless its music related like omg cut her some slack

:clack:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

badlands, Hfk & manic were great, haven't really kept up with her after that.

iichliwp didn't perform well anyway, but it's also amazing and an album I return to often, idk if I will move for whatever she has coming, but she's still putting stuff out and doing more on capitol records than sky ferreira was able to achieve

56 minutes ago, Paddy said:

is there an artist that doesn't have a flop era? It happens, the thing is, how will she bounce back, but the thing is, she's now in a place where she is doing it for herself and we should allow her to have such era, and who knows, the era may surprise us! Let's not burry the album before it's even released.

Her previous album was already a flop and her worst one to date. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 8

1 hour ago, Kern said:

You mean sharing her story with cancer? Yeah, annoying af 

38 minutes ago, AshleyLovescats887 said:

Honestly she does not care about the charts and that's fine

She already has like 3 songs that have a billion streams, she can live financially independent with ease

I like that she is making music that she enjoys rather than catering to GP

spacer.png

Btw make sure to stream 'Ego' this Friday!

35 minutes ago, Minto said:

insufferable? she barely posts unless its music related like omg cut her some slack

17 minutes ago, Minto said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/halsey-says-regret-coming-back-031406907.html

She is the worst. She was hungry for success and lashed out when it did not come. Hypocrite and lost the plot. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

She said arts not charts so yes but who cares 

I think her makeup brand is doing well anyways?

You getting lashed in here. Maybe you shouldn't be attacking bisexual biracial bipolar icon who just had several life threatening illnesses. Would u go into a hospital and start dragging ppl in there who have cancer? Show some respect, she's clearly minding her business hardly making an effort to be commercial or get big promo slots, and still dealing with bullies like you who make the only thing she enjoys difficult

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, arctic-turner said:

You getting lashed in here. Maybe you shouldn't be attacking bisexual biracial bipolar icon who just had several life threatening illnesses. Would u go into a hospital and start dragging ppl in there who have cancer? Show some respect, she's clearly minding her business hardly making an effort to be commercial or get big promo slots, and still dealing with bullies like you who make the only thing she enjoys difficult

And I won't stop 

i mean it definitely will flop but if she leans more into the rock sound she's kinda teasing with this album she's gonna secure a nice fanbase even tho she's probably commercially over

i mean it definitely will flop but if she leans more into the rock sound she's kinda teasing with this album she's gonna secure a nice fanbase even tho she's probably commercially over

The thing is that Halsey is truly underrated.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.