Delete one pop star from history

Kimmo

Delete a Pop Star  

409 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

40 minutes ago, Brikenbur said:

Taylor - she literally hasn't influenced anything in mainstream culture or the music industry other than making "eras" tours popular at the moment, but honestly, no shade :coffee2:

I'm not a fan of TS but this is such a stupid thing to say. Olivia and Sabrina are shaped after TS.

Much like Normani, Chloe etc are shaped after Beyonce.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kimmo

• Jay07

• Rihinvention

• ChooseyLover

Adele has by far made the least exciting, innovative, diverse overall music from the whole roster so her, easily

Just now, Comedor said:

I'm not a fan of TS but this is such a stupid thing to say. Olivia and Sabrina are shaped after TS.

Much like Normani, Chloe etc are shaped after Beyonce.

Do you not know how Sabrina came to fruition? It wasn't Taylor, it was Disney. And Olivia? You mean the punk/pop princess? Ok. s:wan:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Brikenbur said:

Do you not know how Sabrina came to fruition? It wasn't Taylor, it was Disney. And Olivia? You mean the punk/pop princess? Ok. s:wan:

Stay delusional sis, in these days it could be a blessing. :heart:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

out of all the names listed in the poll, i use taylor's music the least so she can go

:relax:

Just now, Comedor said:

Stay delusional sis, in these days it could be a blessing. :heart:

Girlie we're on ATRL.net of all places and you're calling me delusional? Stay calling the kettle black, I guess. :coffee:

I'd be curious what the pop landscape would look like if Taylor had never existed. That's the biggest 'what if' I have in mind.

Beyonce or kesha tbh. If you removed beyonce, there would still be ashanti or amerie who do the same thing as her but didnt have the same connections. Kesha is known for two songs that could have been sang by anyone/.

• Thanks 1

The one that people say deleted Aaliyah. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Pinkbutterflies said:

Kesha is known for two songs that could have been sang by anyone/.

This is such a massive lie :rip:

7 minutes ago, Solaria said:

I'd be curious what the pop landscape would look like if Taylor had never existed. That's the biggest 'what if' I have in mind.

Actually, the biggest 'what if' for the pop landscape would be if Madonna never made it. Now that would be an interesting scenario. What would have happened without the foundations she built? 

• Like 1

From the ones in that list I'd probably go with Nicki only because she's vile and disgusting, but I think the female rappers that followed her footsteps (i.e. Cardi, Megan, Doja) are really good and much better than her so kudos for that.

But if I had to choose one I'd go with Halsey. The way she came into the scene grabbing inspiration from every alt girl that was huge at the time makes me see her work as not genuine, even after all this time. 

From that list nicki, also demi lovato, wouldnt make any difference anyways

Private votes? :biblio:

Anyway, it's Taylor.

38 minutes ago, Klein said:

Actually, the biggest 'what if' for the pop landscape would be if Madonna never made it. Now that would be an interesting scenario. What would have happened without the foundations she built? 

I think another female artist would've ascended into superstardom at some point in the 80s, sexual-empowerment and all. That's where pop culture was heading anyway. No one did it like Madonna, but I don't think all the female pop stars who exist today would disappear if she never existed.

My "what if" is what if Britney never broke her knee on the set of the Outrageous video.

She wouldn't have bunkered down with Kevin to recover. They wouldn't have smoked weed all day while watching 'Nick & Jessica: Newlyweds', and saying "yo, we should totally do this!"

She wouldn't have rushed into a relationship with the wrong person after her ex sl*t-shamed her in front of the entire world. She wouldn't have had kids super young. She wouldn't have had the meltdown. She wouldn't have been put into the conservatorship. She wouldn't have been destroyed by lithium. She wouldn't be terrified of the media and doing interviews.

I would actually be so curious to see an alternate reality where all that never happened.

• Like 3

I'm only saying Taylor because I honestly don't remember her rlly having much impact in my life, like yeah she's biggest girl or whatever but songs like Last Friday Night, Rolling In The Deep, Starships, TikTok, Bad Romance, Halo etc etc are just way more memorable to me than songs like Shake It Off or Blank Space, and before that she was very US centric artist due to her branding as a country girl anyway so

1 hour ago, Pinkbutterflies said:

Beyonce or kesha tbh. If you removed beyonce, there would still be ashanti or amerie who do the same thing as her but didnt have the same connections. Kesha is known for two songs that could have been sang by anyone/.

By doing the "same thing" you mean R&B? So all pop girls do the "same thing" as each other and no one is essential, right? A bit "all black people look the same to me".

Sounds kind of racist.

Edited by Jay07
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

Kesha because I use her music the least from this bunch.

11 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

By doing the "same thing" you mean R&B? So all pop girls do the "same thing" as each other and no one is essential, right? A bit "all black people look the same to me".

Sounds kind of racist.

are you saying that the only same thing they have in common is they all do rnb and nothing else? sounds racist to me.

4 minutes ago, Pinkbutterflies said:

are you saying that the only same thing they have in common is they all do rnb and nothing else? sounds racist to me.

So what do two one hit wonders from 2002 have in common with Beyonce? They don't dance, they don't make visual albums, they don't have ambitious tours, they're not fashion icons or business moguls. What do they have in common other than you conflating all Black people together? I'm waiting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, QuanticXplosion said:

The one that people say deleted Aaliyah. 

:dies:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.