Halsey - 'The Great Impersonator'

kyliefever2002

I'm definitely intrigued by the concept but I hope the tracklist flows well since the songs are so different from each other sonically. Maybe each decade will have a seperate section with interludes in between?

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• original_lifeline

• AshleyLovescats887

• perfectillusion204

• Reverse Warholian

1 hour ago, Jukebox said:

will say that the 80's snippet doesn't sound very 80's at all which is a bit odd. 

It was definitely giving Manic throwaway but you know how Miss Frangipane is 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, perfectillusion204 said:

I have full faith in Halsey & her visuals, so I'm not too worried for the cover. But I just hope it's not 4 quadrants with each decade/look (like the target version of eternal sunshine). But I'm sooo excited to see how she reveals the cover and to see it!

I think there will probably be a main cover and then 4 alternate covers to represent each decade.

• Like 2

I still think this is the tracklist or the hype sticker for the album (from the Lucky video & pre-save page). TGI logo fits perfectly in there as the question marks are already there. Interesting the left side says A (Ashley) and the right side says H (Halsey). And then the top figure is the same thing that's on the box from the other day. I wonder where the Dice fit in though?

spacer.png

• Like 1

I keep replaying those teaser clips cause they sound AMAZING

• Like 1

This is a slay. 

I hope the cover is a lenticular image/print that goes through the different eras (truthfully could be as simple as the headshots).

• Like 1

Ok this is me being delulu but I have a theory lol. She did say this album has "too many songs" in a tweet recently. Her longest album was technically Manic deluxe with 19 original songs. So I think it's kind of safe to assume there are gonna be at least 20+ songs?

And I'm wondering… based on her Instagram caption a few weeks ago "2000 loading" and it was right before she released LITM… what if each songs represents a different a year? There could be 24 songs and that would cover the years 1978-2001.

The End - 1978 (basically confirmed as the opening track)

Ego - somewhere in the 90s

Lonely is the Muse - 2000

Lucky - 2001 (could easily be the closing track)

I doubt this is the case but it's fun to dream lol.

• Like 4

I hope it's not a long wait considering we already have 3 singles. End of September would be perfect.

sooo here for this album. i loved lucky + especially lonely is the muse. hope we get more grungy y2k emo songs :WAP:

8 hours ago, orange22 said:

It was definitely giving Manic throwaway but you know how Miss Frangipane is 

spacer.png

Please use the official extended cut of this gif moving forward. 

kZMBuAz.gif

Edited by Reverse Warholian
  • Thanks 3

21 hours ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

Yeah this concept of an album eats tbh. She's back in my good graces :bird:

You're forgiven :hug:

Can't wait to stream & stan The "How Great" Impersonator this October. 

kZMBuAz.gif

• Like 2

On 8/27/2024 at 1:04 PM, State of Grace. said:

One thing about Halsey, she always nails her concepts imo, even if I don't always like the music. I love the way the album revolves around 4 different decades/characters. It will be all over the place sonically & visually, but I don't care if the music is good.

I came here to post this 

I truly think she has good ideas and some good songs but the execution is not always there

This concept is so good. I hope there are some interludes in between different sounds though or it's going to feel weird. 

hmmmm ego sounds really good and litm is great. i hate lucky (although the lyrics are relevant to the context of the album) and i don't really care for the end. 

i'm hoping there's more pop rock songs though. i barely tolerate any artists that do that kind of genre let alone enjoy them but halsey just nails it. i kinda wanted iichliwp 2.0 but it was obvious ever since so good that this would be manic 2.0

Ego is my fav song so far 

oh AOTYanka incoming.... Lonely is the muse is a bopianka 

• Thanks 1

I'm sooo hyped. LITM is amazing, I like Lucky, the snippets in the trailer sound all great, I can't wait to hear Ego, I'm even hyped for what seems to be a country song! Which surprising since I'm not a big fan of her very rare country songs.

I live the concept, the visuals are so cool for the moment, I'm there for it.

The way she gets better which album :jonny: I just know this is about to SLAP :jonny:

Uhmmm... no shade at all bc I love Halsey but those snippets in the trailer sounded nothing like the decades they were supposed to be inspired from :rip: I love the concept and imagery though.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I've listened to all the singles and Lonely is the muse is the one that made my mind to check the album when it comes out

• Like 2

I Want Power was GREAT. She´s getting better each album imo, so let´s see.

Lonely is The Muse is great, Ego sounds great as well. Didn´t loved the other tracks, but hopefully the album itself will be high quality. The previews for 70´s and 80´s seems kinda off, but hard to judge with this broad concept.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2024 at 5:04 PM, State of Grace. said:

Billie/Charli better watch out, AOTY is hers!

Concept sounds great. We'll be listening

But Grammy eligibility period ends TODAY. She will not be competing with Billie/Charli.

Most likely her competitors could be Lana, Kendrick, Harry, The Weeknd, Gaga... and idk who else is releasing next year

Edited by Dash_inthedark

The cover for the album is gonna be revealed in a week.. :chick1:

Also I think the release date is going to be November 15th

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.