Katy Debuts Dead-Eyed Influencers to Promote New Song

WildAmerican

Honestly the best approach in 2024 seems to be...... make the absolute best music you can make from an artistic perspective, try some original/engaging marketing ideas maybe (Charli's BRAT wall) and..... hope for the best. You can't really force a hit anymore. 15 years ago it was simple. You sent something to radio, put the artist on late night or award shows, and the public would hear it and they'd either buy it or not. There was a streamlined way to get the music in front of people and then they'd either purchase or not, and that was that. But today you're competing with 60 years of recorded music catalog on every streaming platform and being used randomly on Reels and TikTok. Competition for a hit record went from a few dozen songs that were being pitched to radio at a given time to literally millions of tracks. It's a miracle that there are even 'hits' anymore.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WildAmerican

• KatyPrismSpirit

• getBusy

• CroNich

Top Posters In This Topic

she should have done a trend with parents and their child/pets/whatever feel maternal but she decided to do a boring ass dance???? the idea was right there but obviously her and her team don't know how to **** sell a song.

• Like 1

Gosh this is so embarrassing, even for her standards :rip:

• Like 1

Hmmm I wonder if pretending to like Katy's songs pays well. I need a new job.

• Haha 3

I did my first Tiktok dance this past weekend because I really liked the Apple dance a lot and I was so excited to try more Tiktok dances but this put me right back into hating them

• Haha 3

Is the song even out yet? 

Is the lady in the middle katy perry

Yall making fun of her for dancing her own song on tik tok, when you sure upload things like disney act you look like on that shitty social media lol

Queen looking good as always, the song sounds like a bop

• Thumbs Down 3

IBored Bugs Bunny GIF by MOODMAN

4 hours ago, getBusy said:

sis we all have access to chatgpt 😂

Katy coming up with the lyrics for this album:

spacer.png

Edited by Riverbank
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MatiRod said:

Honestly the best approach in 2024 seems to be...... make the absolute best music you can make from an artistic perspective, try some original/engaging marketing ideas maybe (Charli's BRAT wall) and..... hope for the best. You can't really force a hit anymore. 15 years ago it was simple. You sent something to radio, put the artist on late night or award shows, and the public would hear it and they'd either buy it or not. There was a streamlined way to get the music in front of people and then they'd either purchase or not, and that was that. But today you're competing with 60 years of recorded music catalog on every streaming platform and being used randomly on Reels and TikTok. Competition for a hit record went from a few dozen songs that were being pitched to radio at a given time to literally millions of tracks. It's a miracle that there are even 'hits' anymore.

Can't wait for when they have to pay the public to hear their music

IMG_0372.thumb.gif.b9df346875646522593aaee846bee437.gif

• Thumbs Down 1

The lifeless lack of rhythm and enthusiasm. :toofunny2:

6 hours ago, ChooseyLover said:

She doesn't need influencers to make Lifetimes a hit. She needs a freaking time machine lol

"All this money can't buy me a time machine"...

She can't afford one and already told us back in 2009 but now she pays the price.

• Haha 2

she wants to have a Tiktok hit so bad that it has turned cringe

didn't she also try to do that with Woman's World by putting tiktokers in the MV

This whole era is so ******* embarrassing.

• Like 1

Is that what her second single sound like? Omg she is willing to do anything except making good music :skull:

Based on that snippet, it sounds so dated, She is still stuck in the 2010s. :skull:

6 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Katy rich

Katy beautiful 

Katy pretty

Katy diamond certified

Katy legend

Katy 0 flop

Katy TABS

Katy valedictorian 

Katy mother

Katy pulchritudinous

Katy immaculate

How are you not tired??

• Haha 3

my god Katy, please stop... this whole era is just sad AND embarrassing  just cancel the whole thing and go into hiding for a few years PLEASE

Screen_Recording_20240317_201837_X3.thumb.gif.2c7f65ff4186f6e57c6dc5012dbc00e8.gif

xM2uhOf.gif

• Like 1

The dance looks so boring, they look bored, how is this supposed to encourage anyone to listen/dance to the song 💀

Well at least she's sticking to her commitment to release this turd onto the current musical landscape. That's pretty admirable 

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.