Ice Spice predicted to do less than JT, what happened?

Stepfon

53 minutes ago, professor2000 said:

I think it was a 1-2 punch…

1. Nicki texts leaking 

2. Ice following up with new songs that sound just like the last one. :gaycat6:

She had all the elements in place from a hype/promo standpoint.  But none of that matters if you don't have great follow-up songs. :celestial5:

I can't believe ppl were calling her the new Cardi + that she was coming for Cardi spot…and now she not even competing with JT. :priceless:

People really forget how Cardi came out the gate swinging.

BRZfc0Z.gif

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• Stepfon

• theweekend

• professor2000

2 hours ago, Stepfon said:

People really forget how Cardi came out the gate swinging.

BRZfc0Z.gif

OK!

I think it was just ppl who wanted her to come for Cardi.  I wasn't buying it tho, b/c her hype (and songs) was nowhere near Cardi's.

I'll give it to her team, they pulled all the major levers…but they missed one when it came to the actual songs.  :skull:

5 hours ago, professor2000 said:

I think it was a 1-2 punch…

1. Nicki texts leaking 

2. Ice following up with new songs that sound just like the last one. :gaycat6:

She had all the elements in place from a hype/promo standpoint.  But none of that matters if you don't have great follow-up songs. :celestial5:

I can't believe ppl were calling her the new Cardi + that she was coming for Cardi spot…and now she not even competing with JT. :priceless:

at least we all know the productions are just a waste. they are great!

• Like 1

She's always been an overrated nobody. Never actually had a hit on her own, her only "hits" were songs with her as a featured artist. I also never understood why her and her stans were acting so brave when she never showed any real talent in anything on top of not having any solo hit.

It's also really weird how much the medias were hyping her up the way they did when she had yet to accomplish ANYTHING. "New Princess of Rap" because of...what? Some loud people on Twitter hyping her up? Her actual stats and streaming numbers sure as hell never showed any "Princess" statut, just manufactured hype :toofunny3:

Edited by Enrique523
  • Like 3

• Haha 1

damn not her missing the entire top 20, this year has really not been it for her

8 minutes ago, Bethenny Frankel said:

damn not her missing the entire top 20, this year has really not been it for her

*missing the top 30
:bibliahh:

I guess she wasn't even the fart after all 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

16 minutes ago, Stepfon said:

19k, she went from "maybe JT numbers" to full on pull a Jennifer Lopez :deadbanana4:

Barbz on Twitter were steady saying she would outsell Meg :gaycat6:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone prematurely hyped up like Ice Spice. I feel bad for her. None of that was her fault. She just wasn't ready for any of that. Though, I guess it was up to her to make something of the opportunity, but she's just not that girl. 

• Like 3

Ice became a lapdog for Nicki, so once the Barbz turned on her after the leaked texts and the RS interview it was a wrap. It has happened with plenty of rap girls at this point. 

She should've done like Glo. Glo had a breakthrough collaboration with Cardi, but she kept it professional and built her own brand apart from Bardi. She moves on her own will without repercussions. 

Doja was clearly the smartest regarding Nicki. She praises and acknowledges her influence without crossing their brands. She collaborated on a remix and moved on to do her own stuff and build her own rap persona. 

Edited by liquiddiamonds
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

ice spice is a meme, and memes stop being funny at some point and start becoming cringe

• Like 2

2 hours ago, eleganceislearned said:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone prematurely hyped up like Ice Spice. I feel bad for her. None of that was her fault. She just wasn't ready for any of that. Though, I guess it was up to her to make something of the opportunity, but she's just not that girl. 

She really was a meme that got blown up and taken way too far. It's like all the media and industry were in a race to cash in on her being this trendy viral moment online after Munch. NYT was publishing articles crowning her rap's new princess before she even did anything or proved herself worthy :deadbanana2:. It was all a big nasty set up in the end. 

• Like 2

Have y'all listened her latest singles? They are all s*it

IMG_8780.thumb.gif.a42e96379f8b82b7758ec 

Popa, TTYYL and Plenty Sun should've been the singles. Also a HUGE pop girl feature would save ha.

IMG_8780.thumb.gif.a42e96379f8b82b7758ec 

On 8/2/2024 at 9:44 PM, Luckitty said:

ice spice is a meme, and memes stop being funny at some point and start becoming cringe

That's all folks.

Summed it up in one sentence.:celestial3:

On 8/2/2024 at 11:24 PM, GeminiCat said:

She really was a meme that got blown up and taken way too far. It's like all the media and industry were in a race to cash in on her being this trendy viral moment online after Munch. NYT was publishing articles crowning her rap's new princess before she even did anything or proved herself worthy :deadbanana2:. It was all a big nasty set up in the end. 

Yes, and when the dust settles Cardi, Meg and Doja remain the trinity on their thrones for this generation. Nothing wrong with having Glo, Ice and others but anyone thinking Ice was going to take over anyone's throne was fooling themselves. Artist need to have a brand of growth and evolution to last nowadays and Ice is not that.

I hope she gets money through other ventures but this hip hop thing isn't for her long term.

55 minutes ago, slw84 said:

Yes, and when the dust settles Cardi, Meg and Doja remain the trinity on their thrones for this generation. Nothing wrong with having Glo, Ice and others but anyone thinking Ice was going to take over anyone's throne was fooling themselves. Artist need to have a brand of growth and evolution to last nowadays and Ice is not that.

I hope she gets money through other ventures but this hip hop thing isn't for her long term.

For sure, Ice Spice *the brand/mascot is still pretty popular and bankable. She bagged a role in a new Spike Lee/Denzel Washington movie so she will continue to have other opportunities to branch out. But rap, hell music in general, just hang it up bb lol. 

He dragged lmfao.

Like? shoulda been her debut. She missed her chance

Your fart can only carry you this far. Meme Rap Girl confirmed 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.