Should MDNA have been produced only by Benny Benassi?

MP3

1 hour ago, Glamthony said:

Madame X feels like a return to form.

girl don't lie 

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 3

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MP3

• Shoful

• LittleStarmen

• NoAngelus

1 hour ago, Album Leak said:

Masterpiece is one of my favorite Madonna songs of all time, and Falling Free is the second best song on the album. So safe to say I was not into the electronic elements of the album at all.

Masterpiece & Falling Free are actually good songs. Maybe she should have pulled an Adele with a ballad album

• Like 2

She was focused on her movie WE

even the album has Letters as name (MDNE)

It seems it was supposed to be a heavy EDM Divorce album (GGW, Gang bang) with its images but when the superbowl happened they dilluded it for a more basic approach and we got GMAYL and the rest and the tour was where it was the real madonnas visions

• Thanks 1

he couldn't pull it off so no

Stuart price, William orbit, Mirwais and Shep Pettibone are the ones who could (and did in some albums) masterpieces front to back.

1 hour ago, Album Leak said:

Masterpiece is one of my favorite Madonna songs of all time, and Falling Free is the second best song on the album. So safe to say I was not into the electronic elements of the album at all.

I would keep Falling Free as a closer for sure 

1 hour ago, SapphireSky said:

It's my first time listening to them songs and they're awful :rip: especially I'm addicted 

I'm Addicted is great

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, theweekend said:

he couldn't pull it off so no

Stuart price, William orbit, Mirwais and Shep Pettibone are the ones who could (and did in some albums) masterpieces front to back.

Recycling producers don't always work tbh

Orbit works on ROL is stellar but on MDNA it's flat, even Love Spent sounds a bit unfinished, she should have stick with  one main producer and a co-producer on some tracks

I disagree with the narrative that EDM being popular means Madonna making it should've been a slam dunk. It was a young person's game and she spent 2 years making a movie about English royals and the media was zooming in on her hands and ****. The climate was not going to allow Madonna to get hits. 

Instead, she should've ditched the attempts to make radio music (Solveig) and just gone for it. But like Orbit said, she was doing the Super Bowl and didn't get to put her full focus on the album and it was rushed and unsatisfying. 

If they had the time to let him cook his demo mixes into the full project....... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was unfortunate she came back in the worst era of EDM sonically.  She should have gone with future bass producers and what was happening in Japan. Would have been way better 

In response to the question presented by this thread title, No. "Girl Gone Wild" is arguably the least inspired single from Madonna's entire discography.

1 hour ago, HonourableVomit said:

I disagree with the narrative that EDM being popular means Madonna making it should've been a slam dunk. It was a young person's game and she spent 2 years making a movie about English royals and the media was zooming in on her hands and ****. The climate was not going to allow Madonna to get hits. 

Instead, she should've ditched the attempts to make radio music (Solveig) and just gone for it. But like Orbit said, she was doing the Super Bowl and didn't get to put her full focus on the album and it was rushed and unsatisfying. 

If they had the time to let him cook his demo mixes into the full project....... 

how is this my first time hearing this. It's so good omg

Edited by Shoful

57 minutes ago, Shoful said:

how is this my first time hearing this. It's so good omg

He played his versions in DJ sets / uploaded them onto soundcloud back in 2013 and almost every single one clears the album versions sadly.

• Thanks 2

I think the biggest criticism of this album is always the cohesion so yes I think sticking to just any one of the main producers would have benefited the album. But she herself said this was hard to accomplish due to scheduling conflicts and it didn't help she had a major film project and the Super Bowl all happening at the same time. 

I think the biggest issue is that Madonna didn't bake the cake long enough. The album simply isn't finished.

21 hours ago, narid said:

The fact your throw around these statements as if they were true. :gaycat7:

Tell that to the 1.6million plus people in this photo.

Title Year Peak chart positions Sales Certifications Album
US
[20]
US
Dance

[21]
AUS
[22]
CAN
[23]
FRA
[24]
GER
[25]
ITA
[26]
SPA
[27]
SWI
[28]
UK
[29]
"Give Me All Your Luvin'"
(featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.)
2012 10 1 25 1 3 8 2 2 6 37 MDNA
"Girl Gone Wild" [w] 1 93 42 13 4 7 29 73
"Masterpiece" 68    
"Turn Up the Radio" 1 58 30 175    
"Living for Love" 2014 [z] 1 157 92 50 40 30 21[aa] 49 26 Rebel Heart
"Ghosttown" 2015 1 34 34 20 41 39 117  
"***** I'm Madonna"
(featuring Nicki Minaj)
84 1 132 58 90 49  
"Hold Tight" 92 [ac]    
"Medellín"
(with Maluma)
2019 1 [ad] [ae] 37 67 69 87 Madame X
"Crave"
(with Swae Lee)
1 [ag] [ah]    
"I Rise" 1 [ai]    
"—" denotes a title that did not chart in that territory.
Edited by NoAngelus
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Charmed Life said:

Her career wasn't dead for very long, considering Rebel Heart and MX peaked at #1 and 2 on the Billboard 200 - which was higher than any Mariah album since 2008.

1-77-OUT is not something to brag about Mariah has Xmas catalog that puts her on top of the charts every single year, she doesn't need new music to do that when she's more relevant than ever thanks to the power of Xmas song on streaming services.

Edited by NoAngelus

16 hours ago, Dante Silva said:

In response to the question presented by this thread title, No. "Girl Gone Wild" is arguably the least inspired single from Madonna's entire discography.

It's way better than GMAYL tho, the lyrics are yeah basics but the beat is good

14 hours ago, Iaintsorry said:

I think the biggest criticism of this album is always the cohesion so yes I think sticking to just any one of the main producers would have benefited the album. But she herself said this was hard to accomplish due to scheduling conflicts and it didn't help she had a major film project and the Super Bowl all happening at the same time. 

12 hours ago, The7thStranger said:

I think the biggest issue is that Madonna didn't bake the cake long enough. The album simply isn't finished.

I feel like the first 6 songs are well produced but starting with Superstar the rest of the album sounds like a collection of unfinished demos

Just now, NoAngelus said:

1-77-OUT is not something to brag about 

Neither is The Rarities peaking at #31 on the BB 200 for one week, love, That album also suffered a similar fate in the UK, as did Caution.

Celine's Courage fell from #1 to #111, but I don't see the Lambs mocking that.

music and album aside

she looked so good during that area, the right amount of cnt and beauty

• Like 2

23 hours ago, NoAngelus said:

It should've never happened in the first place. It single handedly ended her career. 

12 years later and that career you speak of is still doing quite well hun

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, NoAngelus said:
Title Year Peak chart positions Sales Certifications Album
US
[20]
US
Dance

[21]
AUS
[22]
CAN
[23]
FRA
[24]
GER
[25]
ITA
[26]
SPA
[27]
SWI
[28]
UK
[29]
"Give Me All Your Luvin'"
(featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.)
2012 10 1 25 1 3 8 2 2 6 37 MDNA
"Girl Gone Wild" [w] 1 93 42 13 4 7 29 73
"Masterpiece" 68    
"Turn Up the Radio" 1 58 30 175    
"Living for Love" 2014 [z] 1 157 92 50 40 30 21[aa] 49 26 Rebel Heart
"Ghosttown" 2015 1 34 34 20 41 39 117  
"***** I'm Madonna"
(featuring Nicki Minaj)
84 1 132 58 90 49  
"Hold Tight" 92 [ac]    
"Medellín"
(with Maluma)
2019 1 [ad] [ae] 37 67 69 87 Madame X
"Crave"
(with Swae Lee)
1 [ag] [ah]    
"I Rise" 1 [ai]    
"—" denotes a title that did not chart in that territory.

Your post is to point out the sequence of #1 in the US Dance column?

1 minute ago, Charmed Life said:

Neither is The Rarities peaking at #31 on the BB 200 for one week, love, That album also suffered a similar fate in the UK, as did Caution.

Celine's Courage fell from #1 to #111, but I don't see the Lambs mocking that.

Celine's Courage spent 4 weeks in the chart so she won :suburban:

2 minutes ago, NoAngelus said:

Celine's Courage spent 4 weeks in the chart so she won :suburban:

and yet she still holds the record for the biggest chart fall ever for an album debuting at #1. This album was also bundled with tickets, which you tried to mock Madonna for.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/celine-dions-courage-biggest-chart-fall-ever-2583292

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.