The Taylor Swift Discography Rate 2024 | WINNER REVEALED! | Results on First Page

Forever Winter

1 minute ago, Cruel Summer said:

Hot take maybe, but I didn't get the New Romantics hype - at least not the extreme degree of it most of the fanbase shares - until the re-recording. Then it all clicked for me.

It's a very good song—though not better than 'Begin Again', but still

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Winter

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

1 minute ago, Cruel Summer said:

Hot take maybe, but I didn't get the New Romantics hype - at least not the extreme degree of it most of the fanbase shares - until the re-recording. Then it all clicked for me.

And if I said I think it's probably in the top 5 most botched of her entire re-recorded career :ryan3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Boo Dramatics is a non-essential TS song.

Edited by Taylor fanboy

Catching up on Saturdays since I missed that thinking it couldn't be as bad Fridays 

spacer.png

finally catching up seeing my last 11's slaughtered right before todays reveal & imagine my horror when I see there's still FIVE 1989 songs in the top 20! 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

Begin Again was her best album closer before New Year's Day took that crown.

VERY surprised both of them missed the Top 20.

Edited by Taylor fanboy

maxresdefault.jpg

1. Begin Again

Saviours (11s): Everyone

Stans (10s): None

Haters (1s): None

Saboteurs (0s): None

Comments

sparrowblue

11 - "I will always say this is the epitome of a taylor song. the soft guitar, the vocal, the melancholy atmosphere all as a backdrop for the universal storytelling. Everything melts into perfection."

holyground13

11 - "Very underrated. simple, optimistic and gorgeous. the perfect album closer."

Klein

11 - "She's yet to release another album closer that can rival Begin Again. The song is perfect, the narrative is perfect. And the video was shot in France so that makes it automatically more special in my eyes. Even when we paid her complete dust, Taylor was showing us love."

greento

11 - "Songs like this are where she really shines. Simple acoustic guitars, beautiful melodies and emotional lyrics."

Forever Winter

11 - "Hands down the best opener/closer duo. Red will never be topped in that regard."

Ampersand13

11 - "For a couple years this was a song that brought me immense comfort. As corny as it sounds, it helped me believe that the devastation someone wrought could be endured and corrected by personal growth and someone new."

Bussea

11 - "And THIS is how you close out an ALBUM."

Nein

11 - "UGH. Another career highlight as a closing track. This song holds close to my heart."

Achilles.

11 - "So funny that she foresaw the negative reactions to her going pop (and with such a deliberately juvenile song at that) and casually tucked this ace up her sleeve just to remind the world that oh yeah she is actually the greatest songwriter working today."

wastedpotential

11 - "This was also in serious conversations and negotiations with me for an 11 slot, but I know the rate participants will do right by this song, right? I love listening to this song, as it really does remind me of one specific date I went on, like two weeks after I dumped my psycho ex and moved out of my psycho ex-roommate's apartment in the same week. It was a hard stop and immediate fresh start, and I met a great guy for dinner and a movie right before covid, and it was pretty much the perfect date, and I associate it with the feeling I get when I listen to this song. Of course, that guy turned out to have an ego the size of Jupiter, but I didn't know that at the time, and the date really was lovely. Now, as for this hymn, there really is something to be said for the perfection in simplicity. This hymn isn't complicated, it's not brash or shoved with noise, but it's pretty perfectly produced, and the few elements that are added to the mix elevate the vocals and the story quite nicely. I think my favorite added element is the slight drum fill going into the second verse at 1:36, which feels so good to listen to it's as if those soundwaves burrowed up my- and pressed firmly against my-. The harmonies (which were improved markedly in the New Testament), make me feel like that one meme of SpongeBob floating chest first into a silver, shimmery Heaven with headphones in his ears and his limbs flailing at his sides. I know y'all know what I'm talking about, and I know y'all agree. The lyrics are about as sincere as Lord has ever been, sweet and soft (and demure... sigh), and hopeful about this new man. She just loves love, and you can really tell here. The video is probably her most aesthetically pleasing ever, because I too want to frolick about the sites of Paris without any of the tourists, trash, or unpleasantness. I don't think anyone has enjoyed themselves in Paris as much as Lord is pretending to in this video. I KNOW She's a better actress than some of y'all claim, because you really cannot tell from Her face at all that the streets all smell like piss. Anyway, let me NOT think about her bringing Hobo to that lovely spot by the Seine under that bridge and then posting about it on Instagram... The fact that She tried to connect that man with this song is a criminal offence in my books. Lock Her Up!"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 4

New Communists and Smelly as Shite? higher than Begin Again and mirrorball… BE SO F*CKING FOR REAL 

spacer.png

Edited by frankvert
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Forever Winter said:

24. mirrorball

1 hour ago, Forever Winter said:

23. my tears ricochet

57 minutes ago, Forever Winter said:

22. Begin Again

36 minutes ago, Forever Winter said:

21. New Romantics

what a massacre... all of these could easily be top10... especially Mirrorball that deserves #1 or at least top3 because it's a perfect song 

• Like 2

Achilles.

11 - "So funny that she foresaw the negative reactions to her going pop (and with such a deliberately juvenile song at that) and casually tucked this ace up her sleeve just to remind the world that oh yeah she is actually the greatest songwriter working today."

@Achilles.

The way we all came running back. :lmao:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Forever Winter said:

EVghCg6UYAACR2N.jpg

21. New Romantics

Y'all will start to cough.

OOTW top 20, okay, I'm happy with however this turns out now!

But if we could punch the last two Eversnore bores before the top 15, that would be the cherry on top!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Fun fact: it took me one hour just to load a single page.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

And if I said I think it's probably in the top 5 most botched of her entire re-recorded career :ryan3:

You would be right, I just revisited both versions - the original still bops hard, the TV is horrid :ryan3:

• Like 2

Seeing these results I'm starting to worry Enchanted might not be #1 :!ohno:

3 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

and we will celebrate

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, swifthino said:

maxresdefault.jpg

1. Begin Again

Saviours (11s): Everyone

Stans (10s): None

Haters (1s): None

Saboteurs (0s): None

Comments

sparrowblue

11 - "I will always say this is the epitome of a taylor song. the soft guitar, the vocal, the melancholy atmosphere all as a backdrop for the universal storytelling. Everything melts into perfection."

holyground13

11 - "Very underrated. simple, optimistic and gorgeous. the perfect album closer."

Klein

11 - "She's yet to release another album closer that can rival Begin Again. The song is perfect, the narrative is perfect. And the video was shot in France so that makes it automatically more special in my eyes. Even when we paid her complete dust, Taylor was showing us love."

greento

11 - "Songs like this are where she really shines. Simple acoustic guitars, beautiful melodies and emotional lyrics."

Forever Winter

11 - "Hands down the best opener/closer duo. Red will never be topped in that regard."

Ampersand13

11 - "For a couple years this was a song that brought me immense comfort. As corny as it sounds, it helped me believe that the devastation someone wrought could be endured and corrected by personal growth and someone new."

Bussea

11 - "And THIS is how you close out an ALBUM."

Nein

11 - "UGH. Another career highlight as a closing track. This song holds close to my heart."

Achilles.

wastedpotential

11 - "This was also in serious conversations and negotiations with me for an 11 slot, but I know the rate participants will do right by this song, right? I love listening to this song, as it really does remind me of one specific date I went on, like two weeks after I dumped my psycho ex and moved out of my psycho ex-roommate's apartment in the same week. It was a hard stop and immediate fresh start, and I met a great guy for dinner and a movie right before covid, and it was pretty much the perfect date, and I associate it with the feeling I get when I listen to this song. Of course, that guy turned out to have an ego the size of Jupiter, but I didn't know that at the time, and the date really was lovely. Now, as for this hymn, there really is something to be said for the perfection in simplicity. This hymn isn't complicated, it's not brash or shoved with noise, but it's pretty perfectly produced, and the few elements that are added to the mix elevate the vocals and the story quite nicely. I think my favorite added element is the slight drum fill going into the second verse at 1:36, which feels so good to listen to it's as if those soundwaves burrowed up my- and pressed firmly against my-. The harmonies (which were improved markedly in the New Testament), make me feel like that one meme of SpongeBob floating chest first into a silver, shimmery Heaven with headphones in his ears and his limbs flailing at his sides. I know y'all know what I'm talking about, and I know y'all agree. The lyrics are about as sincere as Lord has ever been, sweet and soft (and demure... sigh), and hopeful about this new man. She just loves love, and you can really tell here. The video is probably her most aesthetically pleasing ever, because I too want to frolick about the sites of Paris without any of the tourists, trash, or unpleasantness. I don't think anyone has enjoyed themselves in Paris as much as Lord is pretending to in this video. I KNOW She's a better actress than some of y'all claim, because you really cannot tell from Her face at all that the streets all smell like piss. Anyway, let me NOT think about her bringing Hobo to that lovely spot by the Seine under that bridge and then posting about it on Instagram... The fact that She tried to connect that man with this song is a criminal offence in my books. Lock Her Up!"

PERIOD :clap3:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

Let's hope so :ryan3:

1939 set to take 25% of the top twenty, and Tay is getting skulldragged for a certain hug. Amazing end to this weekend. :tornado:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, gagacasanova said:

Fun fact: it took me one hour just to load a single page.

Six ATWTVTMV?!

In before ATW is top 6!

:ryan3:

PSA the nine-minute version is superior

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

so... no more reveals today?

EDm-BC6n-Uw-AAOn-MN.jpg

yall deserve prison but wont get time smh

2 minutes ago, Bussea said:

PERIOD :clap3:

Between the Haunted and Begod Again stanning, eversnore pannings, and agreeing that Enchanted is overrated, I'm loving your taste more and more with each post

exactly-and-i-told-her-i-said-maam-yukik

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NewStanner said:

Between the Haunted and Begod Again stanning, eversnore pannings, and agreeing that Enchanted is overrated, I'm loving your taste more and more with each post

exactly-and-i-told-her-i-said-maam-yukik

I found my new bestie. bye @wastedpotential

spacer.png

Edited by Bussea
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.