The Taylor Swift Discography Rate 2024 | WINNER REVEALED! | Results on First Page

Forever Winter

A career highlight that gets overlooked for being a bonus track on a bad album

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Winter

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

5 minutes ago, Forever Winter said:

GettyImages-1488310522.jpg?w=1581&h=1054

25. Would've, Could've, Should've

Saviours (11s): terrorblade, tb6591, NEX, tjspy, Mezik, fridayteenage, StonedSoulPicnic

Stans (10s): Vespertine, chosensparkles, Soobin, sanzo, Live To Tell, Solaria, Forever Winter, Achilles., Starchild, blown away, Klein, PaloSanto, pinkbowvintage, DevilsRollTheDice, MidnightsAtPeace, 4Real, a_d_22, Namigo, Arrows, itsjem, Life Savers, folkloreking, reputation1989, D-@-N, AshleyLovescats887, iamanearthling, AbeHicks, frankvert, vinicius, wastedpotential, Prismee, Great Username, burninredhot, Supernatural, Ger.vaz, Holy Ground, RihannaLoverrr, Dear Reader, Strawberry Bubble, TheArgonaut, Hooker Barbie, twoheadlightshine, SleepingTigers, Heldenzeit, beagle, Diarrhoea, Kyle-x, jacklovesyou1, greeneyedsoul, blown away, Bartender, Blood Magic, TMRA, SoSickOfThatSOL, Bosque, Top Dash, NewStanner, Achilles.

Admirers (9s): Velvet Night, Kyungsoowift, byzantium, Lazuli, NordicGuy, LastKiss, The Music Industry, SLUTTVFTV, 305, freakum., idkwiam, Tedwards, Bussea, PoisonedIvy, Where are you now?, Bindi, llikeh, badidearight, Enrique523, Axolotl, G.U.Y_Del_Rey, LVP, GuyNextDoor, paulyyyozd, ellis-bell, Quicksand, fab, enchanted0, pavi, Sanguine, heckinglovato, wehavetostan, Ms. Togekiss

Haters (1s): KillingYourCareer, Støned, FolkLover1989

Saboteurs (0s): None

Comments

Forever Winter

10 - "Best song on Midnights. Not a song that I can relate to but I have teared up to the bridge of this song many times because it's just that impactful. I play this in the car while I'm speeding and I get a rush every time. :jonny:

Anyone who was there when she performed this live for the first time...I hope you perish."

Achilles.

10 - "This is the pinnacle of Midnights as both the song that best fits the album's alleged concept and lives up to the era's misleading aesthetic. The verses and chorus are great, but its the bridge that fully knocks it out of the park—so glad she repeats it as an outro."

blown away

10 - "A career highlight."

wastedpotential

9.7 - "Oh ****, where to start with this. JOHN MAYO YOU WILL BURN IN HELL FOR ETERNITY, AND FOR ANOTHER ETERNITY AFTER THAT PASSES. You were a nasty and evil man and you deserve immense comeuppance. Now, I do feel the need to condition this comment with the fact that I once called this Lord's Happier Than Ever, and I don't think I'd go that far anymore. It's excellent and well written and explodes with sound and emotion at the end, but the shock factor did wear off after the first few listens (and also the contrarian in me is tempted to sabotage this score since I know y'all will praise this one to the High Heavens, but a 9.7 is as low as I could bring myself to go lol). I know this must've been cathartic for Lord, quite possibly relieving Her of some of Her most damaging baggage. You can hear in the song just how much weight has been lifted from Her shoulders by the end of the song, with the key change and the head voice and honestly some of the righteous shouting here. I don't think I'll be able to offer many original thoughts to the lyrical content here, so I shall merely comment that I'm glad to see She has John Mayo's ugly head mounted above Her fireplace. Held over the fire and burning in hell is exactly what he deserves! Oh, and I don't think we really recognize or appreciate the religious trauma undercurrents here, which I would think would be front of mind for a bunch of religiously scarred homos. Still, next time you listen to this hymn, I'd suggest you pay attention to that specific angle as you critically re-analyze the lyrics. I certainly feel a deep connection to the religiously "pure" before times, and then the... point I'm at now, where I feel disconnected from the belief structure I was raised with. I still have thoughts to sort out (so maybe my comments for the next rate will be more eloquent), but this one means a lot to me."

SLUTTVFTV

9.6 - "John Mayer you will NEVER be forgiven of your crimes."

Where are you now?

9.5 - "The level in which one can write such an intense song with so much passion and detail as if it all had happened yesterday rather than over a decade prior is impressive to behold. Love when this comes on during a run."

8.5 - "Good, but still not the masterpiece Dear John is."

this not being a top 10 song doesn't feel right at all

Songs Remaining

Taylor Swift - 0/14

Spoiler

Fearless - 2/25

Spoiler

Love Story

You Belong with Me

Speak Now - 3/23

Spoiler

Sparks Fly

Back to December

Enchanted

Red - 4/28

Spoiler

State of Grace

Red

All Too Well

Begin Again

1989 - 6/22

Spoiler

Blank Space

Style

Out of the Woods

Wildest Dreams

Clean

New Romantics

reputation - 1/15

Spoiler

Getaway Car

Lover - 1/19

Spoiler

Cruel Summer

folklore - 4/17

Spoiler

cardigan

my tears ricochet

mirrorball

august

evermore - 2/17

Spoiler

'tis the damn season

tolerate it

Midnights - 0/22

Spoiler

THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT - 1/31

Spoiler

Guilty as Sin?

No Album - 0

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Forever Winter said:

Every Midnights song is officially OUT!

Truly the best song of DIVINEKNIGHTS

Aaron and Taylor did THAT! :clap3:

• Like 2

Midnight 2nd album totally out :dies:

1 minute ago, Forever Winter said:

Songs Remaining

Taylor Swift - 0/14

Reveal hidden contents

Fearless - 2/25

Reveal hidden contents

Love Story

You Belong with Me

Speak Now - 3/23

Reveal hidden contents

Sparks Fly

Back to December

Enchanted

Red - 4/28

Reveal hidden contents

State of Grace

Red

All Too Well

Begin Again

1989 - 6/22

Reveal hidden contents

Blank Space

Style

Out of the Woods

Wildest Dreams

Clean

New Romantics

reputation - 1/15

Reveal hidden contents

Getaway Car

Lover - 1/19

Reveal hidden contents

Cruel Summer

folklore - 4/17

Reveal hidden contents

cardigan

my tears ricochet

mirrorball

august

evermore - 2/17

Reveal hidden contents

'tis the damn season

tolerate it

Midnights - 0/22

Reveal hidden contents

THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT - 1/31

Reveal hidden contents

Guilty as Sin?

No Album - 0

Reveal hidden contents

Guilty As Skip sticks out like a sore thumb in this collection of amazing songs, there's MANY more better songs on TTPD alone  :suburban:

• Thanks 1

For our #24 song, user comments:

"Extremely relatable and beautiful production, reminiscent of Medicine by The 1975."

"Gifted from the heavens down to this insufferable undeserving squalling fandom. Random but it's ingrained in me that the verses are the chorus and vice-versa."

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

WCS is trash

I am glad it's out

I wanted to give 0 but that's for something else soon

:bibliahh:

Everyone wants a  desperate tryhard attention seeker moment or whatever

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, NewStanner said:

Guilty As Skip sticks out like a sore thumb in this collection of amazing songs, there's MANY more better songs on TTPD alone  :suburban:

Which are?

MEGAN.thumb.gif.6fcceda930968b9b21febd48

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wastedpotential said:

Just telling the reality 

1 minute ago, wastedpotential said:

Just telling the reality 

Just played that Medicine song and the instrumentals remind me of epiphany, which is long gone, so what is the truth? :suburban:

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

I arrived to put the cvnt back in cuntry and say that at least one Debuté song should've made top 25

A slay of a pic for a slay of an opinion, Mary's Song TV and Teardrops TV will have their unholy revenge on Poplor in the 2026 rate

• Like 1

Not WCS, that song is a masterpiece. John Mayer was (and still is) trash with mediocre music, the only positive thing is that every song that Taylor wrote about him is sooooo good.

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

Why WCS was the track from Midnights to make it the farthest is beyond me... Great song but the album has better cuts in my opinion :jamming:

• Like 6

1 minute ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Just telling the reality 

AnWIGm.gif

:cm:

Oh sis it must be bad for you when no one takes the bait

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Forever Winter said:

Noooooo not my GAS?

1 minute ago, NewStanner said:

Just played that Medicine song and the instrumentals remind me of epiphany, which is long gone, so what is the truth? :suburban:

lol same me when it didn't sound like Getaway Car.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Which are?

Fortnight

The Tortured Poets Department

My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys

Florida

Who's Afraid of Little Old Me?

loml

I Can Do It With A Broken Heart

The Alchemy

imgonnagetyouback

The Albatross

Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus

How Did It End?

I Hate It Here

So High School

The Prophecy

Peter

• Haha 1

rs_600x600-181009150513-600-taylor-swift

24. mirrorball

Saviours (11s): Axolotl, modern thing, wehavetostan, Safe&Sound, Venice B, badidearight, greento, folkloreking

Stans (10s): Ampersand13, wastedpotential, Forever Winter, 1989, TaylenaStan, Dear Reader, FolkLover1989, Klein, byzantium, Bussea, Achilles., Cruel Summer, My Tears Ricochet, tb6591, pinkbowvintage, DevilsRollTheDice, a_d_22, Namigo, 305, Tusk, Riverbank, Enrique523, AshleyLovescats887, Uncatena, AbeHicks, PerfectSacrifice, Fitzswiftie, Yog, Prismee, Great Username, Supernatural, Strawberry Bubble, paulyyyozd, TheArgonaut, Hooker Barbie, twoheadlightshine, SleepingTigers, Diarrhoea, Kyle-x, sparrowblue, enchanted0, pavi, Bartender, Blood Magic, Sanguine, K$Ellie, Bosque, Top Dash, Bindi, LoveInStereo, heckinglovato

Admirers (9s): reputation1989, Where are you now?, The Music Industry, LVP, Peroxide, holyground13, NordicGuy, MidnightsAtPeace, tjspy, PaloSanto, Soobin, Velvet Night, SLUTTVFTV, Kyungsoowift, SoSickOfThatSOL, PoisonedIvy, Avrileon, Arrows, Theluckyone, halcyonday, iamanearthling, jacobhalkohit, djcalpal, liam13, GuyNextDoor, burninredhot, Nein, fridayteenage, makeawish, RihannaLoverrr, Catch22, BOAZ, Flower, Heldenzeit, yourfaveisaflop, chiliam, greeneyedsoul, Don, Starchild

Haters (1s): LovaticSwiftie, By the Water

Saboteurs (0s): ONOPKA

Comments

wehavetostan

11 - "The best song ever? quite possibly."

greento

11 - "Extremely relatable and beautiful production, reminiscent of Medicine by The 1975."

Yog

10 - "Love love love this track."

Bosque

10 - "Flawless."

Achilles.

10 - "Feel like this also could have been a modest hit under the right circumstances."

wastedpotential

10 - "My favorite song on faithlore changes probably once a week, if not more frequently, just depending on how I'm feeling and what I'm thinking about myself and others. Right now, I think this is my favorite song for this week, and the only reason it doesn't have the 11 is because other songs will get rated less fairly and need that buffer, and I know this is pretty beloved, and so that's not really a concern of mine now. The extended metaphor here is not for everyone, I can certainly admit that. However, for the people it IS for, it's so special and masterfully crafted, that it could truly only be the work of a Wordsmith. The first verse into the chorus, with the subtextual dual meanings behind basically everything is... a lot and took me a long time to really get. "Spinning in my highest heels, luv", to me is a flashback to the 2021 BRITS and the new hair debut, the night things really felt like they were changing for the better and we were truly past the covid-induced promo gap (also probably when things first started to falter with Hobo after their covid reconciliations, but that's a digression. At the same time, there's the thoughts of being a million things to a million people in an effort to please them all that's doomed to fail, something that definitely speaks to me. The bridge exceeds even Taylor's most stringent standards, and shoots the song from the greatness tier to the God-tier. I feel like I'm rambling incoherently, and this is the final entry I'm writing and it's way past 2:30 am, so I'm just going to call this done now and hopefully dedicate more time and energy to writing these up next time! That said, I really wish this one had a moment on tour. I think that would be really special. At the same time, this being the first surprise song of the entire tour is so ******* iconic and I wouldn't change that for anything. In addition to that, I think the long pond version of this song is truly a work of God. Whatever effects they had playing in the background (that wall of shimmering and waving sounds?) is peaceful and tranquil and fits the soundscape incredibly well. This is another enduring Taylor classic written from a niche perspective with mass applicability and universality. She was really good at pulling that off during the folkmore era. Anyway, Praise the Lord!"

sparrowblue

10 - "Jack gets an ounce of acknowledgement on this track."

Where are you now?

9.9 - "Gifted from the heavens down to this insufferable undeserving squalling fandom. Random but it's ingrained in me that the verses are the chorus and vice-versa."

Peroxide

9.7 - "One of the most tender, vulnerable moments on the album."

SLUTTVFTV

9.5 - "The secret supermodel of folklore. She needs to make more shoegazey Mazzy Star music like this." 

gagacasanova

8.5 - "*inserts Peter Griffin twirling gif*"

Edge of Glory

8.5 - "One of her most relatable songs for me. :sadchick:)"

blown away

8.3 - "I didn't remember this being so good. Aged like a fine wine."

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Cruel Summer said:

Noooooo not my GAS?

I GOT A CROHN'S DISEASE AD AFTER POSTING THIS LMAO :gaycat7:

• Haha 4

DO YOU REMEMBER ALL THE CITY LIGHTS ON THE WATER

YOU SAW ME START TO BELIEVE FOR THE FIRST TIME

YOU MADE A REBEL OF A CARELESS MANS CAREFUL DAUGHTER

YOU ARE THE BEST THING THATS EVER BEEN MINE

anigif_sub-buzz-20271-1549304673-1.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

wehavetostan

Wise and correct actually 

rs_600x600-181009150513-600-taylor-swift

24. mirrorball

Saviours (11s): Axolotl, modern thing, wehavetostan, Safe&Sound, Venice B, badidearight, greento, folkloreking

Stans (10s): Ampersand13, wastedpotential, Forever Winter, 1989, TaylenaStan, Dear Reader, FolkLover1989, Klein, byzantium, Bussea, Achilles., Cruel Summer, My Tears Ricochet, tb6591, pinkbowvintage, DevilsRollTheDice, a_d_22, Namigo, 305, Tusk, Riverbank, Enrique523, AshleyLovescats887, Uncatena, AbeHicks, PerfectSacrifice, Fitzswiftie, Yog, Prismee, Great Username, Supernatural, Strawberry Bubble, paulyyyozd, TheArgonaut, Hooker Barbie, twoheadlightshine, SleepingTigers, Diarrhoea, Kyle-x, sparrowblue, enchanted0, pavi, Bartender, Blood Magic, Sanguine, K$Ellie, Bosque, Top Dash, Bindi, LoveInStereo, heckinglovato

Admirers (9s): reputation1989, Where are you now?, The Music Industry, LVP, Peroxide, holyground13, NordicGuy, MidnightsAtPeace, tjspy, PaloSanto, Soobin, Velvet Night, SLUTTVFTV, Kyungsoowift, SoSickOfThatSOL, PoisonedIvy, Avrileon, Arrows, Theluckyone, halcyonday, iamanearthling, jacobhalkohit, djcalpal, liam13, GuyNextDoor, burninredhot, Nein, fridayteenage, makeawish, RihannaLoverrr, Catch22, BOAZ, Flower, Heldenzeit, yourfaveisaflop, chiliam, greeneyedsoul, Don, Starchild

Haters (1s): LovaticSwiftie, By the Water

Saboteurs (0s): ONOPKA

Comments

wehavetostan

greento

11 - "Extremely relatable and beautiful production, reminiscent of Medicine by The 1975."

Yog

10 - "Love love love this track."

Bosque

10 - "Flawless."

Achilles.

10 - "Feel like this also could have been a modest hit under the right circumstances."

wastedpotential

10 - "My favorite song on faithlore changes probably once a week, if not more frequently, just depending on how I'm feeling and what I'm thinking about myself and others. Right now, I think this is my favorite song for this week, and the only reason it doesn't have the 11 is because other songs will get rated less fairly and need that buffer, and I know this is pretty beloved, and so that's not really a concern of mine now. The extended metaphor here is not for everyone, I can certainly admit that. However, for the people it IS for, it's so special and masterfully crafted, that it could truly only be the work of a Wordsmith. The first verse into the chorus, with the subtextual dual meanings behind basically everything is... a lot and took me a long time to really get. "Spinning in my highest heels, luv", to me is a flashback to the 2021 BRITS and the new hair debut, the night things really felt like they were changing for the better and we were truly past the covid-induced promo gap (also probably when things first started to falter with Hobo after their covid reconciliations, but that's a digression. At the same time, there's the thoughts of being a million things to a million people in an effort to please them all that's doomed to fail, something that definitely speaks to me. The bridge exceeds even Taylor's most stringent standards, and shoots the song from the greatness tier to the God-tier. I feel like I'm rambling incoherently, and this is the final entry I'm writing and it's way past 2:30 am, so I'm just going to call this done now and hopefully dedicate more time and energy to writing these up next time! That said, I really wish this one had a moment on tour. I think that would be really special. At the same time, this being the first surprise song of the entire tour is so ******* iconic and I wouldn't change that for anything. In addition to that, I think the long pond version of this song is truly a work of God. Whatever effects they had playing in the background (that wall of shimmering and waving sounds?) is peaceful and tranquil and fits the soundscape incredibly well. This is another enduring Taylor classic written from a niche perspective with mass applicability and universality. She was really good at pulling that off during the folkmore era. Anyway, Praise the Lord!"

sparrowblue

10 - "Jack gets an ounce of acknowledgement on this track."

Where are you now?

9.9 - "Gifted from the heavens down to this insufferable undeserving squalling fandom. Random but it's ingrained in me that the verses are the chorus and vice-versa."

Peroxide

9.7 - "One of the most tender, vulnerable moments on the album."

SLUTTVFTV

9.5 - "The secret supermodel of folklore. She needs to make more shoegazey Mazzy Star music like this." 

gagacasanova

8.5 - "*inserts Peter Griffin twirling gif*"

Edge of Glory

8.5 - "One of her most relatable songs for me. :sadchick:)"

blown away

8.3 - "I didn't remember this being so good. Aged like a fine wine."

you fought well, mirrorball

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.