Is 'brat' more culturally relevant than any Taylor release since Folklore?

Lagerfeld

25 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Most people in Asia and LatAm don't even know this album exist

Is atrl this delusional now or what? You all need to be bit serious sometimes 

Idk I have str8 friends and family members that have picked up the ohine and asked me what brat means, etc

• Haha 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Popboi.

• Badgalbriel

• applestar

• The Music Industry

Top Posters In This Topic

did Midnights stop existing or… 

can you guys stop overestimating Brat and Charli XCX :deadbanana2: 

• Like 11

I love Charli but absolutely not. I think a lot of the new fans who jumped on the brat meme have a distorted perception of how popular she is. To her niche, she's huge, to the majority of people (not gay, small towns), she's a nobody & that's just facts

• Like 4

Y'all need to stop setting Charli up :rip:

• Like 4

Charli is having a moderate hit era for the first time in her life and the gays are already treating it like some second coming of christ :mandown:

Brat is a meme. Folklore, RED TV, 1989 TV, Midnights are real cultural relevant eras

• Like 11
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

19 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

@PoisonedIvy, your turn, @Lagerfeld is done with his/her/their thread of the day.

They can have today, I got a reminder yesterday so I'm letting the heat die down for a second :gaycat6: 

17 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

The baits to get a hit thread thanks to Swifties are getting too obvious nnn 

The way I get hit threads without involving Taylor or the Swifties :nicole:

Edited by PoisonedIvy
  • Haha 3

The delusion in here is genuinely funny

:suburban:

• Thumbs Down 1

39 minutes ago, Squall said:

It's funny because reading those ATRL OTH/Charli fans, you would expect brat and her singles to pull HUGE numbers… then you check them out and don't understand :rip: 

Oh girl you still MAD cause you got clocked in that 360 thread 

ne7LodF.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Since 1989

• Confused 1

To white popper gays who have unprotected sex and brag about it maybe. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

16 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Oh girl you still MAD cause you got clocked in that 360 thread 

ne7LodF.gif

By who? People with no reading skills? Be serious, not even yourself believe this :rip: 

• Like 1

Cant wait for Charli's next tour to gross 2B+ since the gp seems to prefer her over Taylor :ryan3:

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

as much as I'm here for Taylor dragging (still a fan of her music but 🤷🏻‍♂️) when Brat is a FAR superior album to goddamn TTPD, nah. Folklore, Evermore, Red TV, and Midnights respectively all had far more cultural impact than Brat has had SO FAR

Brat is a 9/10 pop album (which might even become a 10 for me in the coming months/years) and is better than any Taylor album since Evermore EASILY, and I won't deny its incredible impact thus far considering Brat summer and the Kamala and CNN stuff but all those aforementioned album eras felt like the music world stopped around them for a bit. I don't think the Brat era's ensuing cultural impact is anywhere near over, in fact I believe it'll have legs all the way until at least november considering how f*cking great everything about it is, but at this point, to answer the question in the OP, no :giraffe:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Since Taylor is the biggest artist on earth OTH's think 'cultural relevance' suddenly matters :redface: 

As a meme sure 

23 minutes ago, TaylorsSquad said:

Since Taylor is the biggest artist on earth OTH's think 'cultural relevance' suddenly matters :redface: 

I mean they don't have any real metric to talk about :deadbanana2:

3 minutes ago, elincomprendid said:

I mean they don't have any real metric to talk about :deadbanana2:

They add buzzwords like 'cultural' and pretend it suddenly means something significant. Then when you ask for any kind of evidence of this superior 'cultural relevance', they link you to a random segment from CNN where they discuss the twitter meme and ask themselves what 'brat' means. Like... It's all so unserious

2 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

They add buzzwords like 'cultural' and pretend it suddenly means something significant. Then when you ask for any kind of evidence of this superior 'cultural relevance', they link you to a random segment from CNN where they discuss the twitter meme and ask themselves what 'brat' means. Like... It's all so unserious

It's so sad how whenever a female artist starts to have a decent/big era annoying people in here have to ruin it all by thinking they have any chance at getting close to Taylor :rip:

Just accept she ain't competing with other girlies and move on 

• Like 4

Do we need a new thread about this every day? Just use the old ones 

2 hours ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Most people in Asia and LatAm don't even know this album exist

Is atrl this delusional now or what? You all need to be bit serious sometimes 

More like no one in the real world even knows what's a Charli XCX :rip:

Yte gays seriously need to put down that poppers bottle for a change…

No. Nobody outside taylor fandom can name a single song from folklore or evermore, but I believe midnight was huge. 

22 minutes ago, LuneMon said:

Nobody outside taylor fandom can name a single song from folklore or evermore

And you think the GP can name songs from... Brat? :suburban:

• Haha 1

I think it will be a sleeper hit and grow in cultural relevance during the rest of the year - but as of today no 

• Thanks 1

would you all give it a rest for a day? stop this nonsense, go out, touch some grass and stop making BRAT the new cultural epic wave. 

Nobody except ATRL, stan twitter, and grindr doesn't know what BRAT even is. :coffee2:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.