Lady Gaga brings the cabaret to 2024 Olympics Opening Ceremony in Paris

rafael-abc

34 minutes ago, longjohn9898 said:

Madonna's tone hasn't been pleasant in 20 years but you don't seem upset by that? :khalyan2:

Her tone is still more pleasant than GaGa's and that's saying something :rip:.  Gaga's Liza Manielli jazz impressions are not it.

GaGa sounds fine singing dance pop songs. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 27

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrpartyrocker

• Vegvisir

• theboyismine

• longjohn9898

4 hours ago, Vegvisir said:

There will be lots of people on here trying to downplay the absolute GAG of this level of exposure, but trust me when I say this will be her Oscar's "Sound Of Music" medley all over again. Hundreds of millions of people will see her effortlessly perform a beloved classic, and Gaga will be the top headline along with Celine Saturday morning giving her maximum exposure to announce/launch LG7.

Bookmark me, this is about to be Gaga's second imperial phase.

nPkahoR.gif

• Like 5

But she's over…apparently? Guess not. 

We're finally gonna get an actual era with multiple videos and performances.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Capris Groove said:

Céline is a legend with a massive French music career, the highest selling artist ever in France I believe.

She's also been through a huge health battle in the last years and if this is her first performance since, she deserves the stage alone.

They may really like and respect one-another but Gaga has no connection to France the way Céline does. Hope they perform separately.

Stop being so sad , it's usually a 4 hr opening ceremony! There's time for everyone 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

Her tone is still more pleasant than GaGa's and that's saying something :rip:.  Gaga's Liza Manielli jazz impressions are not it.

GaGa sounds fine singing dance pop songs. 

You're so sad I swear!! Channel your energy on things that bring you joy, when you're this negative you sound delusional 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Her impact knows no boundaries :clap3:

• Like 3

LG7 delayed to 2028 I fear :clap3:

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

mothaf*cka it's true! can't wait! :clap3:

I hope the duet is fake, sorry but Gaga's French is not it, she should perform her own song and Céline should perform La Vie En Rose alone if she wants to.

Edited by Squall
  • Thumbs Down 5

She's in her ~serious movie star era so it'll probably be some boring jazz song or ballad. She hasn't been an interesting artist in years.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 11

Just now, Shinning said:

She's in her ~serious movie star era so it'll probably be some boring jazz song or ballad. She hasn't been an interesting artist in years.

Speak for yourself :ryan3:

OT: So interesting! Another impending TABS moment for her :heart2:

• Like 2

She should sneak in some Shallow medley to give it another Diamond certification in France :gaycat:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Shinning said:

In years? Her last album was in 2020, went on a stadium tour in 2022 (sold out btw) and let's not even talk about a star is born era. Why are y'all trying to push this delusional narrative that Gaga is not an interesting artist when she's one of the few of her generation that remained relevant and has solidified her icon status? 

just because you don't like her it doesn't mean anything you say is valid or reflects the reality

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Talent Always Win

• Like 1

Perched for GodGa and GodLine :jonny6:

• Like 2

I don't get the connection? At least Celine is from a french speaking country :rip:

I initially thought it would be the closing, which makes sense as the closing ceremony usually has a segment where the current host hands over to the next host, and as the next host is LA, it would make sense for her to feature in that.

• Like 1

Oh we are so BACK!!!!!!!! Her new single is imminent 

:WAP:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Khal said:

I don't get the connection? At least Celine is from a french speaking country :rip:

I initially thought it would be the closing, which makes sense as the closing ceremony usually has a segment where the current host hands over to the next host, and as the next host is LA, it would make sense for her to feature in that.

"We promise great artists and a great show. We want to showcase the best of France, but also have a global dimension."

- French sports minister Amélie Oudéa-Castéra on opening ceremony performers

This isn't the first time a non-native artist is performing at an Olympics opening ceremony either (see Björk Greece 2004, John Legend Tokyo 2021 etc.) :michael:

There's also the fact that she's a household name in France. She has FOURTEEN Diamond (or higher) certified songs there under her belt, that's absolutely massive for an international female artist. 

• Thanks 3

You guys just like to complain, 'la vie en rose' is an amazing sing, it will be nice even if GaGa would sound like she have a handful of lozenges in her mouth singing it! Let's enjoy TABs for a moment

• Haha 1

I expect her to belt out "Je veux ton amour, et je veux ta revanche".

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BadHabits said:

But she's over…apparently? Guess not. 

We're finally gonna get an actual era with multiple videos and performances.  

just because she's over doesn't mean she's really over

• Haha 1

Yay! Thank God Celine will be there to balance things out

• Thumbs Down 8

Perform Christmas Tree pls

• Like 1

And none for Taylor Anita Swift!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.