• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrpartyrocker

• Vegvisir

• theboyismine

• Femininomenon

Amazing vocals and beautiful look from Miss GodGa. Beautiful opening to the games :gaygacat4:

Honestly it was fine just kinda boring. The whole opening ceremony from what I've seen/heard was just messy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

She looked great and she was radiating joy, I haven't seen that in a while since I don't watch her jazz stuff. That said, I don't really get that type of performance and song so I found it a little annoying :rip: and why did they bring out the grand piano for literally 1.5 seconds. 

The random derail :coffee2: Gaga brought a lot of fun energy :heart:

When I saw her appearing from the feathers I gasped. I thought to myself, what a LEGEND she is. She's such a versatile and complete artist, never boring :jonny6:

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

I'm glad y'all don't understand french cause it wasn't good. The public is dragging her hard on Twitter right now. Honestly her voice sounded weird in french and it was really hard to understand what she was saying lol. She tried her best but it wasn't it. 

Would you say she wasn't singing live …? To me vocals were prerecorded 

• Thumbs Down 1

The katykats serve once again losers behavior it's lovely to see 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I mean she created the French, it's only natural for her to absolutely nail it! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 2

This clock. Let it be known in this site that Gaga is TABS :clap3:

• Like 2

Surrounded by pink ostrich feathers and wearing a fascinator that looked like a feather quill atop her head, she put on her best French accent to sing Mon truc en plumes (originally by Zizi Jeanmaire) but it still looked like a scrappy, tacky, riverbank cabaret by an American pop star. Billboards with a pink wash (a visual pun on La Vie en Rose?) featured words like "chic!" and looked low rent too.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/article/2024/jul/26/paris-olympics-opening-ceremony-review-soaring-ambition-deflated-by-patchy-delivery

• Like 2
  • Haha 10
  • Thumbs Down 7

Just now, midnightdawn said:

Surrounded by pink ostrich feathers and wearing a fascinator that looked like a feather quill atop her head, she put on her best French accent to sing Mon truc en plumes (originally by Zizi Jeanmaire) but it still looked like a scrappy, tacky, riverbank cabaret by an American pop star. Billboards with a pink wash (a visual pun on La Vie en Rose?) featured words like "chic!" and looked low rent too.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/article/2024/jul/26/paris-olympics-opening-ceremony-review-soaring-ambition-deflated-by-patchy-delivery

As long as the French media is showering her with acclaim .. who cares :suburban:

It gave Coco Montrese drag race talent show vibes.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

13 minutes ago, midnightdawn said:

Dang. 1 vs almost 20.

Still acclaimed though.

hBAjzkhx_o.thumb.gif.fb12b337d6d6cfbed42

Edited by Infernal Paradise
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, midnightdawn said:

:ahh:

• Thumbs Down 20

Clock stupid people :clap3:

• Like 3

BLASTOISE.

• Like 2

Cute energy, love how happy she looks, and I enjoy the cabaret style. Unfortunately,the camera was a bit drunk. What were they thinking with those clunky shots? Camera work makes a big difference in how we experience the whole performance. 

• Like 1

She got overshadowed by Celine, who's all over my timeline.

• Like 9
  • Thumbs Down 9

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.