Lady Gaga brings the cabaret to 2024 Olympics Opening Ceremony in Paris

rafael-abc

7 minutes ago, Femininomenon said:

Why do monsters always bring up other artists every time someone criticize Gaga? They brought up Chappell Roan in another thread where I said something not favorable about Gaga, I of course, ignored them and didn't fall for their trap, It's giving insecurity but then again Gaga hasn't had any solo hits in decades so I can see why :gaycat2:

Are you okay? The user actually brought up the comparison between Gaga and Ariana.. you clearly lack reading comprehension 

• Thanks 1

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrpartyrocker

• Vegvisir

• theboyismine

• Femininomenon

9 minutes ago, theboyismine said:

What if, shocking I know, it was Ariana's contribution to rom which helped it win? It was Ariana's star power and chart success which, at the end of the day, propelled the song to #1 and gave it enough chart success and exposure to even be comtemplated for a nomination by the Recording Academy..it certainly wasn't Gaga's merit seeing how Chromatica's previous single was received commercially and critically:deadbanana2:

Mate I'm a fan of both but pls this comparison is out of place and you should really take a chill pill cos this Gaga hate is getting into your head. I can almost feel your blood boiling!!! 

It was cute, she looked good and sang well but as a francophone I didn't understand a word of what she was singing 

• Haha 1

She's getting dragged on X cause her performance was pre-recorded before the actual ceremony:chick2:

Edited by Kodish
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Liafen said:

It may be well-known song in France, doesn't really change the fact that it's a pretentious and awful one lol. Kinda bummed cause I really was looking forward to a great and iconique Gaga moment to launch the J:FAD/LG7 era 

pretentious? how is that song pretentious 

7 minutes ago, theboyismine said:

What if, shocking I know, it was Ariana's contribution to rom which helped it win? It was Ariana's star power and chart success which, at the end of the day, propelled the song to #1 and gave it enough chart success and exposure to even be comtemplated for a nomination by the Recording Academy..it certainly wasn't Gaga's merit seeing how Chromatica's previous single was received commercially and critically:deadbanana2:

Screenshot-2024-07-26-at-12-46-38-PM.png Screenshot-2024-07-26-at-12-46-53-PM.png

Screenshot-2024-07-26-at-12-47-10-PM.png Screenshot-2024-07-26-at-12-47-21-PM.png

I can keep going if you want to include tour attendance/revenue, critical reception, or even acting accolades since Ari is now dipping her toes in film too. Lemme know!

6 minutes ago, Femininomenon said:

Why do monsters always bring up other artists every time someone criticize Gaga? They brought up Chappell Roan in another thread where I said something not favorable about Gaga, I of course, ignored them and didn't fall for their trap, It's giving insecurity but then again Gaga hasn't had any solo hits in decades so I can see why :gaycat2:

There isn't a single Gaga fan who isn't rooting for Chappell and singing her praises. This is giving jobless dupe troll.

2 minutes ago, mrpartyrocker said:

Are you okay? The user actually brought up the comparison between Gaga and Ariana.. you clearly lack reading comprehension 

actually in my original post  i just expressed a subjective opinion, to which a gaga stan replied by bringing up chart stats, as if ariana's pure sales had anything to do with me not liking gaga's performance:clownny:. i fear you're the one who lacks reading skills babe

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, mrpartyrocker said:

no, someone replied to his initial comment with his Ariana avi as a shade and then someone else said that Ariana's career was dead in a now deleted post, so my point remains 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Lmao I'm sensing some people are mad she got an invite and their faves didn't. 

She did great, end of.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Vegvisir said:

There isn't a single Gaga fan who isn't rooting for Chappell and singing her praises. This is giving jobless dupe troll.

User longjohn9898 is the one who brought up Chappell in another thread and then he continued to obsessively downvote every single post of mine, it was giving creepy behavior 

Edited by Femininomenon

1 minute ago, Vegvisir said:

Screenshot-2024-07-26-at-12-46-38-PM.png Screenshot-2024-07-26-at-12-46-53-PM.png

Screenshot-2024-07-26-at-12-47-10-PM.png Screenshot-2024-07-26-at-12-47-21-PM.png

I can keep going if you want to include tour attendance/revenue, critical reception, or even acting accolades since Ari is now dipping her toes in film too. Lemme know!

i bet you thought you did something by copying and pasting chartmasters PURE sales stats about their albums (which, again, are not their total sales, and this applies to gaga's albums too) when i never claimed that ariana is more successful or has sold more albums than gaga in her career. i simply said that back in 2020, when rom won, Ariana's chart success was undoubtedly bigger than Gaga, and that Ariana helped put the song on the map for the Recording Academy to recognize it. However, if posting touring stats etc. helps you fulfill this mid-summer friday evening for you, who am i to say no:heart2:

29 minutes ago, Vegvisir said:

The amount of brain rot on this site when it comes to anything that isn't Top 100 approved is truly incredible :rip:

Mon Truc En Plumes is a French CLASSIC and a cabaret staple. If you're not into it that's fine, but calling it "pretentious and awful" is so wrong it's almost funny.

They just want to get some Gaga drag in, ignore them :toofunny2:

• Like 1

The random Ariana? stan fuming in here :toofunny2:

• Haha 4

Just now, Smarticle said:

and I'm in the trenches as usual

uDZ0vXl.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

the performance was great!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Femininomenon said:

no, someone replied to his initial comment with his Ariana avi as a shade and then someone else said that Ariana's career was dead in a now deleted post, so my point remains 

No one compared her career to Gaga's tho. The fact that someone said her career was over quickly since 2019, I don't know why that specific user felt the need to attack and start comparing albums and charts and numbers.. make it make sense

The OGHs SEETHING in here because they know their faves would never be asked to perform for something like this. :ahh:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Smarticle said:

We are sister fandoms…. We can't hate on Gaga bc she brought in Ari for the smash hit rain on me… :chick3: also Gaga started in 2009, the landscape for music changed when Ari came in the picture, so I wouldn't even compare them! Lady Gaga definitely left an impact on pop music and defined pop music before Ari came into the picture 

Edited by Matchatea
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, theboyismine said:

i bet you thought you did something by copying and pasting chartmasters PURE sales stats about their albums (which, again, are not their total sales, and this applies to gaga's albums too) when i never claimed that ariana is more successful or has sold more albums than gaga in her career. i simply said that back in 2020, when rom won, Ariana's chart success was undoubtedly bigger than Gaga, and that Ariana helped put the song on the map for the Recording Academy to recognize it. However, if posting touring stats etc. helps you fulfill this mid-summer friday evening for you, who am i to say no:heart2:

You keep replying like you ate or something but you're doing nothing of the sort.

No amount of condescending quips about how I'm spending my time will flip the table here - you're the one fuming, starting fights and in the lead for most embarrassing ATRLer of the day... and it's only mid-afternoon! :relax:

ANYWAY... so proud of Gaga and hoping for one more appearance!

uDZ0vXl.gif

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, theboyismine said:

actually in my original post  i just expressed a subjective opinion, to which a gaga stan replied by bringing up chart stats, as if ariana's pure sales had anything to do with me not liking gaga's performance:clownny:. i fear you're the one who lacks reading skills babe

You expressed a subjective opinion? Do you even know the meaning of that? 

all you said was "thank god it was over quick" which was plain rude, not interesting and very  opinion-less to say the least! Now go to sleep hun.

gaga slayed and Gaga is getting praised. No one cares about jobless people on twitter or sad atrlers! They can only wish their faves would tick so many big stages

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Matchatea said:

We are sister fandoms…. We can't hate on Gaga bc she brought in Ari for the smash hit rain on me… :chick3: also Gaga started in 2009, the landscape for music changed when Ari came in the picture, so I wouldn't even compare them!

That's the part that I don't get at ALL... Ari and Gaga stans are one of the friendliest stan pairings out there lmao

• Like 3

:clap3:

2 minutes ago, Vegvisir said:

That's the part that I don't get at ALL... Ari and Gaga stans are one of the friendliest stan pairings out there lmao

Agree! Also Ari as a teen listened to miss Gaga and posted about it! So idk why we are comparing two different people who both had pop culture impact, in different years and eras!! :giraffe: They won a Grammy together, we are officially family!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.