Is "Brat" overrated?

Lagerfeld

It will top several "best albums of the 2020s" lists in 2029. It's just that good.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lagerfeld

• Kuntmonster

• aotwbys

• Onyxmage

Yes a little bit!!

the album is fine, but for some reason I liked more Crash, but I'm happy for Charli 

You have zero taste confirmed and stamped. 

spacer.png

A little bit yeah, the alberm main quality is being infectious but if we inspect it underneath its heady haze we find a classic pop alberm. It's not a masterpiece but for anyone into that style it actually produces a similar effect.

I knew nothing about her music previously and when i first heard "everything is romantic" something clicked. I don't listen to sings that instantly put my head above the clouds like that too often. So it's much more about the effect of her musique than the actual content.

Out of the stan world no since the gp don't know what it is. In the stan world, it's heavily overrated, trying to pass it as anything other that noise is :rip: and then praising by the lyrics when they're hella generic for the most part :rip: 

She's done better than this.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

11 hours ago, MatiRod said:

No, it's a work of art. She combined the most avant garde hard hitting hyper pop with heartbreaking, uncomfortably honest confessional songwriting like no one has ever done before.

"the most avant garde hard hitting hyper pop" Girl not too much now

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Kakihara said:

No, it's basically AOTY, but yall can stay mad.

Flavor Of Love Hottie GIF

There's still 4 months left of the year.

Flavor Of Love Hottie GIF 

Yes.

Maybe I'm too old, but I don't get Charli XCX on the whole. She has some songs I like, but I can't make it through a full album.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It is. Crash is better.

But it's not terrible and it's about time Charli gets some recognition tbh so whatever.

• Like 1

Yes, and the hype surrounding this album - fascinating as it may be - really needs to stop.

Does it have some bops? Yes - I frequently return to B2b, Hello goodbye and Guess and looove these 3 songs to death! But as a whole I think 'brat' is a very mediocre, overhyped album and would have been much better off as an EP. This is coming from someone who's been a casual fan of Charli's for years now (with my favorite albums of hers being Crash Deluxe and How I'm Feeling Now).

And don't even get me started on the offensively uninspired aesthetics disguised under a layer of "Well this is actually a social commentary on XYZ" - stop!!! The cover is bland and ugly, end of story.

Also side note, ballads were never Charli's strong suit but my God they're a pain to listen to on 'brat' and are easily the most forgettable part of the album.

• Thumbs Down 2

it's crazy to me to think how underwhelmed and not about it I was when I first listened to the album :skull: i literally don't know what was wrong with me. 

days later I listened again and have played it at least once a day since. 

On 7/24/2024 at 1:59 AM, Lagerfeld said:

That title goes to Taylor Swift's The Tortured Poets Department.

ne7LodF.gif 

Sweetheart aoty isnt about sales numbers and ttpds review scores tell all you need to know

• Thanks 1

No.

Hit Me Hard And Soft and Brat are the best two albums of the year. :clap3:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, psychodiva336 said:

Also side note, ballads were never Charli's strong suit but my God they're a pain to listen to on 'brat' and are easily the most forgettable part of the album.

Some of Charli's all time best songs are ballads (Lucky, for example) but yeah I can't believe people are really out here pretending to like "I think about it all the time" and its ilk on the album; whenever I try to give brat another chance I have to turn it off when I get to that one :zzz:

• Like 1

Nope. It's the only album released this year that i revisit frequently. Cowboy Carter, HMHAS, whatever Ari's album was called... haven't revisited any of those.

Edited by TheHanyo

It's the Anglo "Motomami". The gp doesn't know a single song, the media only know the album as a meme (obviously Anglo, because outside that region... lmao) and it's only listened to by a bunch of gay men who base their taste in music on Metacritic

Watch them say she was snubbed if she doesn't get a nomination for AOTY, just like Motomami :giraffe:

• Like 1

Is Brat overrated? Big NO

Does the OP need to have their thread making privileges taken? Yes

ne7LodF.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nope, it's an incredible album. Best album of the year. 

Next to Taylor Swift, it's underrated, actually.

• Like 1

I'm glad Charli is finally having her big mainstream moment for an album, but I really wasn't digging what I heard. It sounds like a pseudo-indie pop album. I want fun bops.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.