Is "Brat" overrated?

Lagerfeld

I see a lot of posts about BRAT summer, Kamala is BRAT, the color green, etc. everywhere. Among gays, Gen-Z and Stan Twitter. However, upon listening to the album I felt disappointed. 

What do you think?

ne7LodF.gif 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 19

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lagerfeld

• Kuntmonster

• aotwbys

• Onyxmage

1 minute ago, Kuntmonster said:

No it's literally AOTY, stick to posting in the Katy Perry base sweaty 

That title goes to Taylor Swift's The Tortured Poets Department.

ne7LodF.gif 

• Like 5
  • Haha 12
  • Confused 4
  • Thumbs Down 36

Not this cycle again :rip:

I actually strongly disliked the album at first but it has grown on me a lot. It's in my top 3 this year so far. My favorite part is that all the songs are mostly about different topics, but few of them are about romantic love. The way she wrote them is just very honest and vulnerable, and she talks about some topics that are not commonly talked about in pop songs 

Edited by Bosque
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

still underrated i fear ag5vk5Y.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yes

spacer.png

• Like 2

Yes, I think the album is great like all of her other albums but the gp just woke up ? and discovered her music ? it's like hello ?!!? she's always been like this 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

No, sometimes great albums get the recognition they deserve and Brat is one of those

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I don't see the album selling millions of copies as it should so I'm afraid the answer is no

• Confused 1

I think it's slightly overrated but it is a really good album and is truthfully among this years best from the POV of its artistry, plus Charli has always been slightly underrated (slightly.) so an overcorrection is totally warranted in this case.

Edited by PoisonedIvy
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Lagerfeld said:

That title goes to Taylor Swift's The Tortured Poets Department.

ne7LodF.gif 

Fine it's a tie between brat, TTPD, deeper well 

ne7LodF.gif

No, for the simple fact that Taylor had her THAT hot and bothered to make a song about her and a good one at that plus the Mean Girls song.

• Confused 1

It's not overrated. If anything, her past work is underrated. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

No, it's a work of art. She combined the most avant garde hard hitting hyper pop with heartbreaking, uncomfortably honest confessional songwriting like no one has ever done before.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

No if anything its UNDERRATED. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Nope. It deserves to make more waves outside gay / stan / twitter spaces.  :ryan3:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

No if anything its UNDERRATED. 

How? One would think this was the second coming of Thriller the way this site praises it

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

it's top 3 of the year alongside St. Vincent's All Born Screaming and Los Campesinos' All Hell so NOPE it's not overrated!

ne7LodF.gif

I'd say it's a bit underrated in fact… the aesthetic is everywhere, but the music should be dominating even more than it has been

ne7LodF.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No, it showed that meaningful music doesn't need to have a thesaurus shoehorned in or be a ballad about a poor orphan roaming the streets of London for breadcrumbs

We love bops

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

No, it's a great album

Naur 

to double down on what I said before btw:

I'm in new jersey with my best friend and his straight florida man older brother for vacation rn and his older brother has been seeing the aesthetics of Brat, all the still image memes about it, and recognizes its influence in terms of that CNN report, but up until the other afternoon when I played Apple in Ray's car, his older brother had never heard a single song from it. he's not a huge pop music listener but he uses a lot of social media, so it just goes to show, the music itself should be as revered and iconic as the memes which have derived from it. many of my queer friends are actually just NOW getting into the music itself after having said they're having brat summers for weeks! there's far more substance behind the style with THIS pop era and I hope that's gonna be recognized more throughout the rest of 2024 :gaycat: this'll easily be a defining pop girl era of the decade when it all comes down to it, i believe!

• Like 1

Agreed, Pop 2 is the better alberm

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.