Zendaya furious towards Sam Levinson for focusing on THE IDOL, complained to HBO CEOs

Kayseri Mantisi

I think they should just cancel it at this point

They are all too old and too big to go back

Season 3 will be a mess without Angus and all of them being in their late 20s almost 30.

The show was cool because they were in high school, young and more vulnerable 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SpaceOddity

• yonsé

• JoeAg

• stjosephprey4us

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

Zendaya, Sydney and Jacob blew up the way they did because of Euphoria and the show reached new heights by the end of Season 2. It was a terrible mistake not to continue the show in 2023. The show started in 2018 and although we understand the pandemic caused major delays they really shouldn't have dropped the ball, especially cause the actors are now six years older, like, it wouldn't just be believable to have them in High School anymore.

Launching a new show amidst SO many allegations of you being shitty and stealing aesthetics, rewrites, having actors not share scenes together and feuding, one of your major protagonists dying didn't help either. Who knows how much longer he would've paused Euphoria for had The Idol not flopped so miserably and done just as well or better.

they're the bigger stars right now anyways so.. his loss.

I still don't understand why they made the Idol tbh literally

z1sVwNS.thumb.gif.ea959f5a99a58a6f5acb06

Edited by Princess Aurora
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

never going to understand why they dediced to bring sam to the idol like... the show was like 80% complete before the new script :deadbanana:

• Like 1

HBO should cancel this show.  It's not even Euphoria anymore if he needs to skip 5 years in the plot just because all of his actors are nearing 30 due to how long he took to write the script.  Like I would have fired him for that alone.  It's his job to work around the schedules of the talent and not the other way around.

• Like 1

First of all.. I thought it was her busy schedule that delayed things..

Second of all.. He is allowed to do other projects. What she did wasn't professional ngl. It's giving brat. 

2 seasons in 5 years :rip: it's not like the show is a masterpiece that it would take this long 

euphoria third season should enter in development hell, there isnt a room for this anymore

Why not just do a movie at this point to wrap it up? It's been too long and people won't be as tuned in as before

assuming it does come back at some point, it'll have outlasted gossip girl (5 years + a few months) despite only 20something episodes...

2 hours ago, brutal said:

Not sure why people are taking this as meaning she wants the show over with? She is literally begging for him to make the new season. No tea no shade but this show is ALL she has! All her box office "hits" are no part due to her SUPPORTING role, and her first lead film exposed her mediocre starpower and needs to have a spin of "highest grossing tennis movie" or "Twitter memes" to make it seem like a success. So obviously she wants this one actual smash project she is a lead in and wins (undeserved) Emmys for to keep going on...

you sound so mad :lmao: 

2 hours ago, ICLDXU4HS said:

The Idol was such a triumph and cult classic for people who aren't annoying little *******. :jonny5:

the only good thing to come from the idol was World Class Sinner.

Just wrap it all up with a movie and let the stars of the show move on to bigger & better projects. 

2 hours ago, Princess Aurora said:

I still don't understand why they made the Idol tbh literally

it was concieved at the height of the FREE BRITNEY campaign and explored the toxicity of the music industry at the expense of a young woman. the idea was supposed to be a satire on the ex-acts. it only went downhill after the weeknd decided he wanted to be a star in this project that he only was a supporting player in. sam wasn't even originally involved.

Edited by yonsé
  • Like 1

Idol should have stuck with the og concept. It seemed interesting until Sam joined the project. 

it's nice to hear that Zendaya seems to be fighting for season 3 (if this tea is even remotely true). I think Sam has such a weird process and the show is so huge rn that he's having a Rihanna moment, stalling to put out the new season for fear of it not living up to expectations. 

However, I think they need to re-evaluate the time jump. 5 years is too much, and I feel like the story won't work well outside of a school-ish setting. They can all pass for college age, we shouldn't skip that part of the characters' lives 

Give us fresh into college, or wrapping up college years with season 3, season 4 have them move on and be adults. Maddy, Jules, and anyone else who's not too busy with projects can stay on for season 4, with a handful of fresh, new, younger characters. Have Zendaya, Jacob, and Sydney come on for a couple of episodes to keep viewers interested. And if that doesn't pan out well, have season 4 be the last :michael:

Also I love Angus and his character, but not ppl on here acting like his storyline is make it or break it for the show :ace:

7 minutes ago, yonsé said:

it was concieved at the height of the FREE BRITNEY campaign and explored the toxicity of the music industry at the expense of a young woman. the idea was supposed to be a satire on the ex-acts. it only went downhill after the weeknd decided he wanted to be a star in this project that he only was a supporting player in. sam wasn't even originally involved.

Well the deliver was very disappointing and yes, I noticed the Britney vibes in it but the actor performances were pure cringe. I couldn't make it to episode 2 tbh :biblionny:

Edited by Princess Aurora

23 minutes ago, yonsé said:

That's actually not true, hbo had a bunch of complaints about the original script and especially the production value being far below even the minimum standard. I have seen pictures of the original sets and costumes, it all looks terrible. Sam was the one who improved the visual aesthetic of the show and convinced Abel to take a lead role despite his acting inexperience and rewrote the script to include more sex scenes to make it more like Euphoria. Basically Sam was called in by hbo to bring some order to the chaos and he ended up changing the show in unforseen ways. People overstate how controversial the show actually is because of that hit piece full of lies from Rolling Stone, I was expecting something controversial and just got bored pretty quickly

The Idol was a letdown, not as bad as some people say though if you understand what it was actually going for. The good thing to come out of the show was the soundtrack, I am still bumpig those now.  Honestly just might be for the best if they were to scrap Euphoria season 3, it had it's moment but has been going downhill for awhile 

Edited by 4th Time Around
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

Sydney and Jacob have been in like x5 more projects than Zendaya since Euphoria S2 wrapped lol, this seems like a smear campaign. 

Exactly… and what's the difference between her and both of them that would make him target her?

2024 and people are still doing this 

Edited by ImpressMeMuch

3 hours ago, Eóghan said:

I think she's coming up with excuses to get out of the contract she probably already signed for season 3.

She should call up Sydney to back her up, so they can cancel Sam, hence cancel the show.

Don't underestimate HBO/Warner, they quite powerful and you don't wanna be on their bad side.

Is it really excuses if they are taking forever? 

Cancel this show already. It's beyond over.

15 minutes ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

and what's the difference between her and both of them.... 

2024 and people are still doing this 

I don't think that member was trying to degrade Zendaya and they're right.

Sam Levinson is putting the blame on her for supposedly wanting to focus on her movie career (which is what she should be doing btw. She is having a big moment in her career that any actor would take advantage of) even though Jacob and Sydney have 6+ projects in the work each. That creep is being weird towards Zendaya yet again.

3 hours ago, SpaceOddity said:

Hahaha yeah it is, I'm obnoxiously flexing any chance I can. 

ME TEAS lol

OT: yeah, like others have said world… it does feel like this is just dragging things out at this point. i'm excited to watch a final season but i can't imagine actually being in my teens and having to wait all these years for just three seasons of a coming of age show :deadbanana4: this is why Skins will always reign supreme if we're being honest!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.