Taylor hasn't been a real hit-maker since 'Cruel Summer'. Agree?

Lagerfeld

Since Cruel Summer aka 3 months ago? :bibliahh:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enrique523

• Popboi.

• Badgalbriel

• Zachbbs

1 minute ago, SignificantOther said:

Singles are much more relevant culturally than albums. 

Maybe for 99% of the artists. Taylor is an exception. These last few years have shown us that her music catalog is a worldwide phenomenon.

• Like 4

It's because she sells albums honey, not quick little single :suburban:

Anti Hero was a decent hit.

But I agree she hasn't had that truly smash hit like Espresso, Good4U, or Bad Guy since Cruel Summer.

In what world was Anti-Hero not a huge hit? :ahh:

Taylor also has been #1 on Global Spotify for almost 2 years now, getting more streams than literally anyone else, even newer artists can't surpass her. In WHAT WORLD is that not being massively successful? :ahh:

You OTHs are really getting crazier and crazier by the day :rip:

• Like 2

It's one of her most recent singles :dies:

2 hours ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Sometimes I feel like yall forget that albums are more important than singles. There's way too much significance assigned to a 3 minute teaser compared to the full body of work from which it originates. 

Katy, for example, probably has a larger quantity of "bigger" hits than Taylor, but Taylor is about 10x bigger an artist than Katy is. Because Taylor's main focus has always been albums and tours. The things that actually make a legendary artist legendary.

THANK YOU. It's hilarious how OTHs somehow believe individual singles are more important than full albums these days, it's such INSANE logic :toofunny3:

Since when are singles more important than full albums?? That has literally never been true, singles are there to sell an album, not the other way around :ahh:

Lies, her last big hit was I'd lie from 2005. Everything else is only known by her cult of 14 year old republican Nebraska teen girls listening to her on loup :ryan3:.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

People on this website literally say anything :deadbanana2:

Her stats are self explanatory. Even Fortnight, a song people on here try to claim is a flop, has already out streamed the "smash" Texas Hold 'Em and is widening the gap. It also reached 500 million streams faster than Anti-Hero. As cardigan, august, (billion+ streams), and willow (billion+ streams this year) prove, chart runs aren't everything. Even Karma has great totals and strong recurrent stats. 

Yeah, isn't it funny how Texas Hold' Em is supposedly a smash but Fortnight isn't? The double standards and hypocrisy are so blatant :ahh:

• Like 2

She's still strong, it's okay. 'Cruel Summer' and 'Anti-Hero' are global smashes. She doesn't need a song as big as 'Stay' or 'As It Was' to be respected by the industry. Taylor's main focus is having the biggest album sales; she's an album artist, not a singles artist. 

• Thanks 1

Was released as single like last year? :rip:

Also Billie hit is supposed to be launch at #28 on hot 100 After 3 months and the other One not even in the top 10?

Charts are an organic thing, not only Kids streaming on repeat on free Spotify.

If fortnight is not a hit why Texas hold em with just 15 weeks in the top 50?.

And still make the 70% of the total streams of a 30 tracks album :coffee:. Just think about the rest.

Edited by vale9001

Fortnight down to 36 on Spotify, maybe you're right 

spacer.png

45 minutes ago, SignificantOther said:

To the general audience sure but in the scope of influence and impact on other musicians and music enthusiasts, albums take the cake by a wide margin. Thriller and Rumours are more important as full bodies of work than Billie Jean and Dreams are on their own, for example. We are a forum of music enthusiasts, we should be able to recognize that Cyndi Lauper, Katy Perry, Paula Abdul may have had massive hits while also understanding why their careers paled in comparison to the Madonnas, the Taylors, the Mariahs, who were actually able to engage millions upon millions of listeners with every single album release. 

So now ATRL wants her to release global hits every 3 months? Cruel Summer is still charting high on Spotify :rip: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trent W said:

Honestly if you wanna drag Taylor there is a lot of material right now, like the quality of her latest 2 albums and the unnecessary promo tactics

But she is a hit maker, let's not make stuff up, she is definitely a hit maker.

Cruel summer could be her last big hit, but I think she will pass Rihanna and Mariah with quick  #1s like Fornight, Willow or ATW at the rate she's releasing and dropping albums, which will spark a massive conversation in a few years

Yeah...no. The quality of her last 2 albums is entirely up for debate, it's not a "fact" in any way. But keep living in delulu land i guess, where opinions are facts apparently.

Edited by Enrique523

1 hour ago, Zachbbs said:

Because Taylor Swift released it. It's not hard to deduce this fact. Put two and two together and you get 4, her music is trash. 

These are Taylor Swift's haters everyone… thank goodness for that 

:suburban:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SignificantOther said:

:ahh::ahh::ahh:

And this is why people like you will NEVER be taken seriously in the real world. You're living in such a deluded bubble, it's hilarious :toofunny3:

Everyday when I wake up, I'm exited to see how OTH can top themselves with the mental gymnastics to cope with Taylor's success their faves can only dream of. It get's sadder and more desperate each day. Poor 11-weeks top 20 hit Fortnight. 

Edited by zuper
  • Thanks 1

All succesful albums usually have two or three smash hits. I don't know what went wrong with TTPD.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Idk, this is actually a good question because I feel she's had a few genuine hits the last few years. But they didn't feel as "organic" if that makes sense.

But I mean, she's been re-releasing a lot of her older albums. So I feel that has a lot to do with it. But All Too Well was HUGE and a bunch of people were revisiting her old stuff during this time.

I think her releasing so many variants has kinda confused the average listener tbh. She's releasing way too much so people don't know what to pick up from her, and she hasn't allowed her music to simmer. So I feel once she does that, she'll start gaining newer more "genuine" hits.

Hi! 

I've created a quick guide for OTHs, see below:

DRAGGABLE:

* Cringe factor

* Chart desperation / variants

* Bad dancing

* Jet usage

* Neanderthal boyfriend

* Ruthlessness towards female competition

* Billionaire status 

UNDRAGGABLE:

* Numbers

* Stats

* Chart Performance

Hope this helps!!!

Edited by CandleGuy
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hawx23 said:

Anti-Hero was HUGE

We need to stop this fiction. It was a cute hit and that's it

August a non single = 1139 million on spotify

Anti-Hero= 1602 million

If August can reach those numbers mostly fueled by only the fan base AH is not a huge hit. And Cruel summer was at 700 million before being a hit. 

She only has had Cruel summer as a huge single

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 9

1 minute ago, Digitalism said:

Anti-Hero= 1602 million

If August can reach those numbers mostly fueled by only the fan base AH is not a huge hit. And Cruel summer was at 700 million before being a hit. 

And what is your evidence on "august" only being fan-driven? Where are Taylor's other album tracks that perform like it?

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Patient Zero said:

All succesful albums usually have two or three smash hits. I don't know what went wrong with TTPD.

I know right? What went wrong with the best selling and most streamed album of the year uh? :toofunny3:

1 hour ago, cuteboyzay said:

But they didn't feel as "organic" if that makes sense.

No, that doesn't make sense because you completely made it up, it's wishful thinking. You guys REALLY need to start accepting the reality of her success, this endless coping is beyond weird now :toofunny3:

3 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

Anti-Hero= 1602 million

Anti Hero is literally huge. August is also huge. Just because it's not a single, doesn't mean it can't be huge :deadbanana2:

Edited by Badgalbriel

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.