Rumor: Lady Gaga to perform at the Olympics opening/closing ceremony

Dear Reader

3 minutes ago, Xalric said:

The way in France people were mad because Aya Nakamura & Celine Dion were first rumoured, they literally went on a whole racist rant on Aya, so if it's Gaga there will be a bigger outrage.

Plus in France as we speak the dancers for the opening are on strike cause they have not been paid and there are inequalities in treatments. So Gaga participating in that mess is not really good marketing for her French public.

"The French people are going on racist rants, their feeling will be hurt"

Sad Cry GIF by First We Feast

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Xalric

• tost1

• alexrex

Top Posters In This Topic

If she's already there it has to be for the opening ceremony, the closing ceremony is in like 3 weeks.

11 minutes ago, Colmillo said:

If she's already there it has to be for the opening ceremony, the closing ceremony is in like 3 weeks.

Exactly, she wouldn't be rehearsing three weeks in advance if it's only a short appearance/performance. I heard Celine is also performing so a duet seems plausible.  

21 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

Exactly, she wouldn't be rehearsing three weeks in advance if it's only a short appearance/performance. I heard Celine is also performing so a duet seems plausible.  

Imagine a Celine/Gaga duet at the opening ceremony of the Olympics, it would be so epic

I know Bjork performed that one time but aren't opening ceremonies supposed to showcase local talent?

1 hour ago, Xalric said:

The way in France people were mad because Aya Nakamura & Celine Dion were first rumoured, they literally went on a whole racist rant on Aya, so if it's Gaga there will be a bigger outrage.

Plus in France as we speak the dancers for the opening are on strike cause they have not been paid and there are inequalities in treatments. So Gaga participating in that mess is not really good marketing for her French public.

French people going on racist rants? that's shocking :ryan3:

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

I know Bjork performed that one time but aren't opening ceremonies supposed to showcase local talent?

Perfect Illusion went #1 in France, only a local could achieve that!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Xalric said:

you know damn well why there were complaints about aya lmao. that girl has been the target of the most vicious attacks for the entirety of her career. she can just breathe and the same people are going to tear her down. gaga will be fine lol especially if it's to introduce the LA olympics, where she lives!

Take it with a grain of salt, but the national French tv instagram account also teased some Gaga-esque video a few days ago and people thought the same.

The rumor is Céline, Aya and forgot the third one but she's French for the opening, the closing, no one has been announced yet.

And the DA of the Olympics also said more "radical stuff" than Aya would perform.

(Source: Sadly, I'm Fr*nch)

24 minutes ago, Fav said:

Take it with a grain of salt, but the national French tv instagram account also teased some Gaga-esque video a few days ago and people thought the same.

The rumor is Céline, Aya and forgot the third one but she's French for the opening, the closing, no one has been announced yet.

And the DA of the Olympics also said more "radical stuff" than Aya would perform.

(Source: Sadly, I'm Fr*nch)

As for now only Cerrone the old DJ has been confirmed.

27 minutes ago, Orsay said:

Justice 4 Mylene :bird:

She already said she wouldn't do it, if they asked her.

Yes, this is going to be her Oscar campaign.

Secure those European AMPAS members votes Gaga :jonny5:

Yeah it's basically confirmed she is part of the opening.

Wait, if she is closing as part of the "passing the torch to LA" type thing then why is she there so early? Closing is 3 weeks away

10 hours ago, Alongoria13 said:

We NEED Mylene Farmer  to perform this classic :fish2:

Rumor has it that she was asked, but after the cancellation of her concerts at Stade de France last summer because Macron decided it was more important to protect Elton John's show across town, she sent this reply:

Besides, she's got her own show to get ready for as soon as the JO leave town.

Edited by Mountain_Aardvark

9 hours ago, Xalric said:

they are always protesting over there :rip:

On 7/22/2024 at 9:54 PM, byzantium said:

I don't get why this is being downvoted so much.  It's a normal question why France would recruit an American at their own Olympic Games.  I don't remember an American being part of London, Rio or Tokyo.  

LOL I love when the OGHs and their asses are literally on fire. Seethe and Cope MFers. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I'm actually so hyped for this performance if she's doing the rumoured song, it has the potential to be a huge moment

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, eclipsed said:

I'm actually so hyped for this performance if she's doing the rumoured song, it has the potential to be a huge moment

Completely agree. Talent always wins :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.