• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suburbannature

• Pop Fan

• bielneira

• kexin

On 7/22/2024 at 1:01 AM, LIT said:

Tones and I :rip:

The only right answer. To the girls say, Taylor NO!, her vocal tone is not that bad. Gaga is an honour mention because she needs to stop belting on these dance tracks. Keep those for the ballads. 

On 7/22/2024 at 1:42 PM, TedLasso said:

Ig I'll post this video again, same page lol. Smoking and age has not stopped her from performing with this tone, if so we wouldn't have this lol. 

Sis, that performance makes sense, her tone of now is best suited for those jazzy numbers and balladry. When she tries doing dance-pop and electronic music, she uses the same tone and it clashes with instrumental. Hence why early Gaga materials, lends itself better to more subdued and talk-singy vocal tones than what you presented. 

Camila and Tate McRae are kind of hit-and-miss for me with their squeaky tones. Olivia Rodrigo's tone is very annoying and shout-y, i have the same issue with Chappell Roan, makes the music less enjoyable for me. 

• Like 1

Kylie it's my fave but I just can't stand what they're doing to her vocals lately.

• Thanks 1

I can't believe no one has said Ellie Golding yet :doc:

Cher

Lorde

Marina

Charli

Britney

Halsey

Florence (love her but sometimes :doc:)

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Beyonce and her grating growls in recent years. It's so forced. Her timbre in general is just not pleasant to the ears at all. 

• Thanks 1

I have a hard time with:

SZA
Charli XCX (Even if i respect her)

Halsey
Alessia Cara
Camila Cabello
Amy Winehouse

People saying Adele and Lana have awful tones? ***** pls…

• Confused 1

Katy, Taylor, Lana. None of them are live singers but their production teams make them sound somewhat tolerable. 

Camila

Bebe

Tate 

Jessie Reyez 

Tones 

I'll never in a billion years understand why y'all drag Lady Gaga's grown up timbre all the time :deadbanana4: she's sounds even more gorgeous than she did when she started out! her timbre went from pretty girl to vocal GODDESS :gaycat:

anyway. I don't love Taylor's timbre, even after I heard how great she was overall live. I also don't love Halsey's even though she's got some good music

Melanie Martinez's is probably my least favorite of all time. not only is her music godawful and she's a creepy predator, but she's got the UGLIEST ass timbre ever. truly a triple threat! Tones and I obviously sucks too

• Like 3

Beyonce. her voice is mono and emotionless. cant emote to save her life.  the way the world was tricked to think she's a good vocalist.. shes better then jlo if anything.. congrats

Taylor. she emotes better then beyonce and is more pleasant on the ears but still very underwhelming vocally.  

Katy.  she just screams in concerts

Rihanna.  all around just lazy.  no substance or finnesee in the voice, especially live.  When she's live, its about the flashy fashions.. nowdays she doesnt even have the cool factor like when she was young.. her next era is in danger girl. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

Loved how basically almost no one mentioned Selena even tho u guys are always hard about her singing and bring it up in ALL threads

yep yep her tone is SO PLEASING :bird: and it does save the fact that she has a weak voice. this is why she has fans that enjoys her music for gods sake, it always used to baffle me how u guys don't get it that people can really ENJOY her soft voice, but her not being mentioned here shows that u guys get it, u just ignore it sometimes to hate. anyway... 

Tone & I - but its such an obvious answer

Sia - idk why i just hate t

Jlo on BALLADS!!! her voice only works on party songs for me. 

Edited by Selegend

On 7/22/2024 at 11:48 AM, LanaDelRey said:

Lady GaGa since 2013 

and this is a better voice tone than ALL of your Pop girl faves.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2024 at 1:09 AM, bliaz said:

Girl, she sounds like an old lady in that video.

Rihanna

P!nk 

Adele

Beyoncé 

Shakira 

To name a few, they have retained their tone over the years. More mature, but very similar to their early work. Gaga's voice has changed a lot, it's time to accept it, she lost her pop tone. 

BEYONCE? RETAINED TONE? :bibliahh:

Girl listened to DIL album and then CC and still really said "same tone" 

:ahh:

To

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA

Becky Hill & Ella Henderson

I would say Taylor it's so unpleasant to me

On 7/24/2024 at 9:22 PM, UnusualBoy said:

People saying Adele and Lana have awful tones? ***** pls…

Lana's tone is awful live!

• Like 2

Love her discography, but Kylie can be jarring at times

Not people saying Demi bc she can hit high notes and belt. Fact is her tone is very beautiful, she's a light sporano with incredible mix. She easily enters higher range of notes, that's her most comfortable space. You may not like belting in songs but that isn't relating to tone.

People with tones I dislike:

Camila Cabello

Lady Gaga

Bebe Rexha

Ava Max

Katy Perry

Tate McRae

Megan Trainor

However, I can like all of these singers WITH THE RIGHT SONGS. Singers with these vocal textures (more rough/nasal as opposed to smooth/open) are a love/hate, even for the same listener.

Dunno about worst, but Diana Ross definitely has the best :heart:

diana ross GIF by Alex Bedder

For me is Megan Trainor, i cant stand her voice, i dont  know if its worst but for me its irritating af, i just wanna punche her to stfu

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.