Pop girls with the worst vocal tones?

Joyride

23 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

the screamers (Xtina, Gaga, Demi)

please.

Xtina and Demi have great tones. but Gaga's tone is insufferable when she does that cackling witch vocals like in Dope

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6
  • Thumbs Down 5

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suburbannature

• Pop Fan

• bielneira

• kexin

This thread educated me on the "dance for me dance for me oh oh" artist's name. 

• Haha 3

Tate McRae but i do like a couple of her songs 

Rihanna THE WORST

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Even though I love her: Paula Abdul. Her voice sounds rough on some of the songs of her first two albums, thankfully her voice improved by her third release

2 hours ago, suburbannature said:

Marina 

Halsey

Camila Cabello

Tones and I

Lorde and her audible saliva

Ayumi Hamasaki 

Idina Menzel

Alessia Cara

Take Ayumi off this list. Her voice was made for pop music

I agree with most comments. Gaga's voice changed like a decade ago and sadly I don't enjoy her tone it can be very irritating. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Ariana, Kesha, Camila, Tate. 

Even though I dislike Taylor, I actually find her tone pretty pleasant.

3 hours ago, Kukai said:

This is the only real answer. I've never seen a singer's vocal tone changing from something that was perfect for pop music to something so guttural and shriek-ish. Her vocal tone is now quite jarring sometimes on her pop records. What happened to the good sis ha voice? How does a singer's tone change so radically like that? 

She did a lot of drugs during both BTW and AP eras, sadly.

Lady Gaga sounded good until the Joanne tour. I have no idea what happened but I haven't liked any of her performances since then

• Like 1

Best to worst (3 to 1) of those in Pop with physical genetic limited vocal range.

3. Hilary Duff

2. Jenny Frost (Atomic Kitten)

1. Addison Rae (actually dependent upon a computer).

Edited by Dante Silva
  • Thumbs Down 3

Lady Gaga 

Lorde 

Billie Eilish 

The Greedy singer 

The bananais and avocadis singers 

Demi's tone was unbearable post Disney, but she seems to be back on track with her 2020 vocals.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 6

Demi. I can't stand Heart Attack, the shriek is so dramatic, it supposed to be a pleasant listening experience but she keeps abusing her gifted vocal.

Adele is one of them, imo.

Edited by exfactor003

Tate Mcrae and Camila

both sounds like nasally congested chipmunks 

Edited by Sabrina Carpenter
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kukai said:

This is the only real answer. I've never seen a singer's vocal tone changing from something that was perfect for pop music to something so guttural and shriek-ish. Her vocal tone is now quite jarring sometimes on her pop records. What happened to the good sis ha voice? How does a singer's tone change so radically like that? 

Nothing happened to the good sis' voice. She just chooses not to use her pop vocals anymore and prefer "raw" vocals for some reason.

Edited by FailSafe
  • Like 1

Britney

The weird nasally growl-y cat being strangled with auto-tuned on top thing she's been doing for like 20 years now :rip:

• Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Down 7

I don't like wanna-be vocal critic talk. It's more honest to just say you don't like an artist than to pull the "Oh, I don't like her vibrato", "Her tone is wrong", "Her legato doesn't flow", etc. It's BS. Most of you don't have any idea what you're talking about, and are just using it to be hyper critical of 99% of female voices. 

Edited by hugoflegend
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, suburbannature said:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 hours ago, suburbannature said:

Marina 

Halsey

Camila Cabello

Tones and I

Ayumi Hamasaki 

Idina Menzel

Alessia Cara

Funny how Lorde can still put up a live performance 10x better than a lot of artists even with a "worse tone" LOL

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Not the worst, but someone who's overhyped for her voice while giving terrible live performances is Lana Del Rey

And she has no versatility. Every song she's in, artists have to sing in her key, or change it during her part to make it happen because she's simply that limited. That's why she tries a lot of different genres, but make them all sound the exact same LOL

Edited by bielneira
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 11
  • Thumbs Down 8

6 minutes ago, bielneira said:

Not the worst, but someone who's overhyped for her voice while giving terrible live performances is Lana Del Rey

And she has no versatility. Every song she's in, artists have to sing in her key, or change it during her part to make it happen because she's simply that limited. That's why she tries a lot of different genres, but make them all sound the exact same LOL

I love Lana but I also have said this and got attached on here, X and on public. And the worst thing is that she always blame technical difficulties that aren't from her team which paints her WAY worse. She would be murdered without a backing track and die hard fans that know every line of her songs because she relies a lot on it because her voice isn't capable of sing a single song good live 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Julia Fox said:

I love Lana but I also have said this and got attached on here, X and on public. And the worst thing is that she always blame technical difficulties that aren't from her team which paints her WAY worse. She would be murdered without a backing track and die hard fans that know every line of her songs because she relies a lot on it because her voice isn't capable of sing a single song good live 

YES! I like her, but so far, with more than 10 years into her career, she hasn't showed how good of a singer she is to live up to the hype that people created around her voice

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

The way none of y'all know what a vocal tone is 

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 4

Lady gaga 

Jisoo

Bebe rexha 

Tones & I

Camila cabello

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.