Billie surpasses Taylor with most days at #1 on Global Spotify. Thoughts?

The Pop Hub

Because Billie just made an album that no current MPG can ever make. Billie made cohesion with this album which can be played or listened to anywhere. She attracts a wider versatile audience rather than a specific group. 

She only has less than 100 songs to her name/discography as well. Yet she surpassed Taylor on most listened/competin back and forth with her. That alone should tell you everything. The Weeknd also has alot more songs than Billie too.

Edited by TouchinFree
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dirrtydiana

• PurrKaty

• Starchild

• Enrique523

Not me having a hit thread, oh well.

stan Lewis Hamilton, everyone!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Enrique523 said:

And he doesn't even care about Billie, he's a Britney stan :toofunny3:

If Billie is supposedly above Taylor, then she's DEFINITIVELY above Britney by that logic. Britney sure as hell doesn't have any Oscar either :ahh:

Imagine wrongly assuming a person's gender in 2024. And I've been a Billie (x2 Oscar winner) stan since 2017, you can literally find my posts in threads.

and don't even get me started on how lunch and chihiro alone wash anything on TTPMCDonalds.

:sistrens:

Edited by dirrtydiana

6 hours ago, Klein said:

I'm happy to see that the new girls can have bigger hits than the girls with a nearly 2 decades-long career, and that the girls with a nearly 2 decades-long career can have bigger albums and tours. Everyone is winning. The natural order of pop music. :clap3:

Exactly and that was the only point of my post! Thank you for pointing it out. :clap3:

Why is a Twitter-worthy thread opened in the Charts section still here?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TouchinFree said:

Because Billie just made an album that no current MPG can ever make. Billie made cohesion with this album which can be played or listened to anywhere. She attracts a wider versatile audience rather than a specific group. 

She only has less than 100 songs to her name/discography as well. Yet she surpassed Taylor on most listened/competin back and forth with her. That alone should tell you everything. The Weeknd also has alot more songs than Billie too.

Absolutely no one cares about this irrelevant stat

https://chartmasters.org/why-spotifys-monthly-listeners-stat-is-irrelevant/

:rip: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Squall said:

Yeah, people still using monthly listeners in stan wars are being voluntarily obtuse at this point, it says NOTHING about how many daily streams an artist is getting overall. If anything it's embarrassing that some artists have higher monthly listeners while having LESS streams than other artists :toofunny3:

Such a good song :heart:.

It already surpassed Fortnight's total which is WEIRD because I was told Taylor is the modern day MJ+Madonna+Beatles? 

2 hours ago, Squall said:

That's your objective opinion which is you're entitled to and sure, so that means Xtina and the weekend/ Taylor are on the same level :rip: 75 songs vs 500 songs is absolutely a relevant aspect in this case. Especially when a girl is 21 on her THIRD album with an EP as a debut vs older artists that are on their..... double digit numbered albums. With multiple variants for albums. 

Impressive for Billie to go against such strong contenders being so young and so early on, in her young/fresh career. 

Because Birds of a Feather is a hit that's doing well on streaming? I don't understand what this has to do with Taylor's single which was released many weeks before Billies 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Enrique523 said:

Taylor has more tracks overall so obviously the average won't be as high, it's basic logic :toofunny3:

TTPD will still be the most successful album of the year no matter what though, especially since Taylor can also SELL the album on top of  streams, unlike Billie.

Basic logic would also tell you that quality > quantity. 

4 hours ago, TouchinFree said:

That's your objective opinion which is you're entitled to and sure, so that means Xtina and the weekend/ Taylor are on the same level :rip: 75 songs vs 500 songs is absolutely a relevant aspect in this case. Especially when a girl is 21 on her THIRD album with an EP as a debut vs older artists that are on their..... double digit numbered albums. With multiple variants for albums. 

Impressive for Billie to go against such strong contenders being so young and so early on, in her young/fresh career. 

And yet, their respective playlisting:

Billie - 701M (3 albums, 1 EP)

- BOAF: 240M

- LUNCH: 155M

- CHIHIRO: 76M

Taylor - 784M (11 albums, 4 TV)

- Fortnight: 156M

- ICDIWABH: 138M

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PurrKaty said:

No not girl math, it's actually a real easy math equation. You simply take the larger number, which is Taylor's, then divide by the smaller number, which is Billie's of course. And the number you get is the difference between the two numbers you're comparing. Which in the example I showed results in Taylor having more than 2 times the daily average in streams :heart2: 

Shall we divide said larger and smaller number with the total amount of tracks of the respective artists instead and see where we're at then or nah?

Great song doing great things. Song of the year, right there.

I notice that the delusion is still strong, though.

2 hours ago, Jonasl91 said:

Shall we divide said larger and smaller number with the total amount of tracks of the respective artists instead and see where we're at then or nah?

We already did. You are just late to the party... 

17 hours ago, Feanor said:

Billie's music apparently:

'reputation' (2017) - 5,459,937

'dont smile at me' (2017) - 4,503,316

'Lover' (2019) - 9,111,008

'WWAFA,WDWG' (2019) - 3,448,915

'RED (Taylor's Version) (2021) - 3,983,939

'Happier Than Ever' (2021) - 3,086,479

And mind you, there are 13 (!) years between Taylor's debut album and Billie's debut album. Billie as a streaming era artist has every advantage in the world to get more streams… yet she doesn't. And if number of albums mattered, we'd see more veteran artists outstream Billie, yet it's only Taylor.

queen-3.thumb.gif.d03fb87a302d216f498de6ee82767fdd.gif

10 hours ago, StayFrosty said:

It already surpassed Fortnight's total which is WEIRD because I was told Taylor is the modern day MJ+Madonna+Beatles? 

She is. Another artist having a bigger song doesn't mean anything. Is Sabrina the new MJ now because of Espresso? The lack of critical thinking is soo :deadbanana2:

18 hours ago, dirrtydiana said:

tay should have way more streams since she has FOUR TIMES THE AMOUNT OF ALBUMS

Surely by that logic, artists like Drake and Eminem, both of whom have as many albums as Taylor and released new ones recently, should be doing as many daily streams as her?

spacer.png

And yet, not only do their combined daily streams only just surpass Taylor's, but she's still #1 in daily streams even without the ~18.66M from TTPB

1 hour ago, WildHeart said:

We already did. You are just late to the party... 

She is. Another artist having a bigger song doesn't mean anything. Is Sabrina the new MJ now because of Espresso? The lack of critical thinking is soo :deadbanana2:

:toofunny2: y'all come up with the dumbest comparisons.

A relevant question would be "Was MJ incapable of scoring a big hit during his peak?" .

10 minutes ago, StayFrosty said:

A relevant question would be "Was MJ incapable of scoring a big hit during his peak?" .

No he wasn't. Neither is Taylor when Cruel Summer about to become the most streamed female song ever. 

If you are saying songs like Cruel Summer and Anti Hero are not big hits, i am not the one coming up with dumb things here

Edited by WildHeart
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WildHeart said:

No he wasn't. Neither is Taylor when Cruel Summer about to become the most streamed female song ever. 

If you are saying songs like Cruel Summer and Anti Hero are not big hits, i am not the one coming up with dumb things here

Using songs that became hits last year? Are you saying the modern MJ+Madonna+Beatles+Elvis is losing steam and that's why she can't score a big hit with her lead single from the fastest selling album of the year ?

11 hours ago, TouchinFree said:

The amount of songs means nothing for Monthly Listeners.... It can be one single song doing the heavy work, aka Flowers, Espresso, BOAF. Outside of those particular songs, the rest of their discography is still getting ok to bad streams. 

Edited by Badgalbriel

15 minutes ago, StayFrosty said:

Using songs that became hits last year? Are you saying the modern MJ+Madonna+Beatles+Elvis is losing steam and that's why she can't score a big hit with her lead single from the fastest selling album of the year ?

Or maybe.... Hear me out.... Maybe.... People just don't like the song..... Which is still a hit, by the way

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Badgalbriel said:

The amount of songs means nothing for Monthly Listeners.... It can be one single song doing the heavy work, aka Flowers, Espresso, BOAF. Outside of those particular songs, the rest of their discography is still getting ok to bad streams. 

Exactly. I like Sabrina Carpenter a lot and i'm glad that she's getting huge but most of her streams comes from Espresso and Please Please Please. She has released 5 albums but most of her albums are receiving very low streams right now. So yeah more songs =/= more streams. Taylor is getting more streams because more people from the GP are interested in her entire body of work, not just a few songs, it's really that simple.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, StayFrosty said:

Using songs that became hits last year?

Using hits that became hits 

2 hours ago, StayFrosty said:

during her peak

57 minutes ago, StayFrosty said:

Are you saying the modern MJ+Madonna+Beatles+Elvis is losing steam and that's why she can't score a big hit with her lead single from the fastest selling album of the year ?

Was MJ's peak over after The Girl Is Mine? Was Madonna's peak over after True Blue? 

Not every single, not even from the biggest legends during their peaks were hits everytime. And it doesn't even matter if she lose steam, at some point she will. Everyone did. At the end of the day she will leave a massive career behind her like others did, with or without more hits in the future. 

Edited by WildHeart
  • Like 2

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.