Katy Perry - '143'

livelikemusic
Oxygen
Message added by Oxygen,

143 = I love you

Lifetime seems to be the most well received snippet so far. But what if it's another Dr Luke song? Would that disqualify it as a 2nd single or would that not matter?

Edited by 40_L3VE

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• thismoment

• Ramcoro

• Tistotal

She's never gonna shelve an album lol, she stands by what she does for better or worse. That's why you never see her trashing her past works unlike other artists, she's not ashamed of her previous projects regardless of the public's perception. 

• Like 13

honestly the only way to somehow save this era is to let the album bomb at first, then see which track gets the most acclaim and then push that track on social media heavily

and by push i don't mean just posting videos to it, they need to make a deal with platforms such as youtube and tik tok to make sure the song gets pushed on the app

:clack:

Edited by hallucinate
  • Like 1

I feel like there's still hope for this album if she decides to push better singles that aren't produced by Lukas.

Lifetime and Nirvana are great. As well as I'm His, He's Mine. 

So which one should be the next single? 
Nirvana, Lifetimes or maybe Gimme Gimme? 

spacer.png

15 minutes ago, thismoment said:

She's never gonna shelve an album lol, she stands by what she does for better or worse. That's why you never see her trashing her past works unlike other artists, she's not ashamed of her previous projects regardless of the public's perception. 

It's definitely a "the past made me who I am today, and I love who I am, so I have no regrets" mentality.

Maybe it's part of her Christian programming and "gods plans." I don't know but I know a lot of people who think similarly, religious or not. I think it's valid, even if I don't prescribe to it myself 

Edited by Ramcoro
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, thismoment said:

So which one should be the next single? 
Nirvana, Lifetimes or maybe Gimme Gimme? 

I really hope it's  Nirvana. That melody is stuck in my head since she played it. :jonny:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, thismoment said:

and i KNOW 143 will be amazing, just sad that she decided to work with him on that

IMG_5157.thumb.gif.16f135f1de8b9d2980364

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

I feel like there's still hope for this album if she decides to push better singles that aren't produced by Lukas.

Lifetime and Nirvana are great. As well as I'm His, He's Mine. 

You think people will hate the rest of album even the tracks not produced by Dr. Luke? ATRL is so petty so idk. I know the world isn't ATRL :celestial3:

Yall really thinking that Dr Luke is problem here? Anything she will put as lead single it would be bombed because people moved on from her quirky easy pop. Her career was at prime in 2010-2013 because people were into that stuff

Edited by BlueBlue
  • Like 1

I played Lifetime to my boyfriend and he said "IS THAT DUA LIPA???" He's a Dua Lipa stan.

She's back girls. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BlueBlue said:

Yall really thinking that Dr Luke is problem here? Anything she will put as lead single it would be bombed because people moved on from quirky easy pop. Her career was at prime in 2010-2013 because people were into that stuff

Nah there was a lot of nostalgia for Katy going into this era and an interest in her catalog that she should have used as fuel. There are so many people in the industry she could have gone to for an easy summer hit but she had to use Luke.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

and i KNOW 143 will be amazing, just sad that she decided to work with him on that

IMG_5157.thumb.gif.16f135f1de8b9d2980364

I'm not that sad about that, I mean I like all the songs he produced for Doja. He should've just ghost produced and everyone would be happy. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, needs said:

Nah there was a lot of nostalgia for Katy going into this era and an interest in her catalog that she should have used as fuel. There are so many people in the industry she could have gone to for an easy summer hit but she had to use Luke.

Lemme remind you that Harleys in hawaii with summer vibe one of her best songs literally BOMBED on charts and Luke was nowhere to be found. Even tiktok hype doesn't helped this song

1 = A

4 = O

3 = TY

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BlueBlue said:

Lemme remind you that Harleys in hawaii with summer vibe one of her best songs literally BOMBED on charts and Luke was nowhere to be found. Even tiktok hype doesn't helped this song

a bomb with over 500m streams on

spotify

47 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

honestly the only way to somehow save this era is to let the album bomb at first, then see which track  and then push that track on social media heavily

and by push i don't mean just posting videos to it, they need to make a deal with platforms such as youtube and tik tok to make sure the song gets pushed on the app

:ryan3:

4 minutes ago, thismoment said:

a bomb with over 500m streams on

spotify

Because tik tok hype. But let's be honest peak for this song is #10 place... on bubbling under 

Also Bon Appetit have 1,3 mld views on youtube... and the song was still bombed 

Edited by BlueBlue

15 minutes ago, Ramcoro said:

I played Lifetime to my boyfriend and he said "IS THAT DUA LIPA???" He's a Dua Lipa stan.

She's back girls. 

With Dua barely cracks the charts these days, i'm not sure

:redface:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BlueBlue said:

Because tik tok hype. But let's be honest peak for this song is #10 place... on bubbling under 

Which makes its streams even more impressive :jonny5:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BlueBlue said:

Not people putting irrelevant peaks over lifetime sucess

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tjspy said:

Not people putting irrelevant peaks over lifetime sucess

Welcome on ATRL :suburban:

20 minutes ago, Ramcoro said:

She's back girls. 

Dr Luke Future Nostalgia conspiracy confirmed.

:ryan3:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thismoment said:

yeah she's still releasing that album no matter what

---------------------

I hope she releases another single before the album (hopefully by another producer) to see if it has a better reception

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.