Katy Perry - '143'

livelikemusic
Oxygen
Message added by Oxygen,

143 = I love you

Still cannot believe that she spontaneously gave us a proper follow up to E.T. with this album :jonny: Over the years we've had a few Dark Horse successors but never another E.T. until now. Oh Godty!

• Confused 1

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Ramcoro

• Tistotal

• thismoment

1 hour ago, OrgVisual said:

She's so sweet :jonnycat: :jonnycat: How can anyone hate her? Like please

The sad truth about this is that the kid had no idea who she was. He is a poor kid who went for the pizza because he was hungry....

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, DaniDani said:

The sad truth about this is that the kid had no idea who she was. He is a poor kid who went for the pizza because he was hungry....

Why is she always handing out pizza ? 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

Katy-Perry-The-Lifetimes-Tour-official-b

ACT I: FROM VENUS

Video Intro: The Portal Opens

1. Woman's World (extended intro with backing vocalists only)

2. Gimme Gimme (shortened; [Verse 1], [Pre-Chorus] and [Chorus] only)

3. Dark Horse (flows directly into "E.T." with backing vocalists chanting "Once you're mine, once you're mine (You're an alien)")

4. E.T.

5. Teenage Dream

ACT II: ALL THE REAL FEELS

Interlude: Wide Open Heart (contains elements of "Waking Up In Vegas" and "I Woke Up")

6. Tucked (flows directly into…)

7. Crush

8. Roulette (with dance break)

9. Hot n Cold

ACT III: DIGITAL REPETITION

Interlude: Algorithmic Intelligence (contains elements of "Dancing With The Devil")

10. Artificial / Who Am I Living For? (shortened outro to "Artificial"; [Intro] adlibs, [Chorus] (x2) and [Refrain] only)

11. Cry About It Later

12. Dèjà Vu / 365 (medley; flows directly into…)

13. Truth / Teary Eyes (shortened outro to "Truth"; [Bridge (Pre-Chorus 1)], final [Chorus] and [Outro] only)

ACT IV: SEX IS PARADISE

Interlude: Pillow Fight (contains elements of "Peacock")

14. California Gurls

15. I Kissed A Girl

16. Nirvana / Legendary Lovers (backing vocalists only) [medley]

17. Walking On Air (shortened; [Verse 1], [Pre-Chorus], first [Chorus], [Bridge], final [Chorus] and [Outro (Refrain)] only)

18. Bon Appétit (shortened; flows directly into…)

19. I'm His, He's Mine

ACT V: YOU'RE STILL GROWING, LITTLE DAISY

Interlude: Right Through The Cracks (contains elements of "Spiritual", "Has A Heart" and "Pendulum")

20. The One That Got Away / Thinking Of You (acoustic medley)

21. Daisies (acoustic)

22. Wonder (acoustic intro [Chorus] and [Verse 1] before building to full production throughout the second [Chorus] for the [Post-Chorus] onwards)

ACT VI: CHEERS TO THE SKY

Interlude: A Champion's Reign (contains elements of "Fingerprints" and "All The Love")

23. Roar (band only intro)

24. Champagne Problems

25. Gorgeous

26. Chained To The Rhythm

27 Never Really Over (extended band and backing vocalists outro with thank you's)

ENCORE

28. Lifetimes

29. Firework (extended orchestra outro)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Yes, AND said:

Why is she always handing out pizza ? 

I think she started at the Prismatic concerts then continued in Idol and now randomly.

Wonder is terrible, even worse than im his hes mine 

in the same caliber as gorgeous, damn

the way this is ferras as his worst 

Edited by Tistotal
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Tistotal said:

Wonder is cute wdym? The baby voice is a littoe annoying tho

• Haha 1

Wait, why is Truth suddenly hitting today?

I WANNA KNOW THE TRUTH

spacer.png

EVEN IF IT HURT-HURTS ME

spacer.png

HURTS ME

spacer.png

HURTS ME

spacer.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, renanmarcal said:

The only choices she got left to release as a regular single is Crush & All the Love

All the others will be a waste of efforts

Gimme Gimme & Gorgeous are both disconected to the album message, idk, it will gets worse

Nirvana will remain as a fan favorite serving Legendary Lovers & Cry About It Later :gayoncecat1:

Legendary Lovers and Cry About It Later feel like COMPLETE songs with dynamic variations and interesting elements in them that would have absolutely worked as singles. Nirvana is just as basic as it comes and it goes nowhere after that chorus/prechorus(?). We shouldn't really compare it to LL/CAIL

:gaycat2:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tistotal said:

Outside of the baby's voice which can take you out a bit, wonder is perfectly fine. She finally has a BRIDGE in a song on this album and we should be thankful to Ferras. Puke could never :ryan3:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Ok so after a few days of listening to the album and letting things settle, I want to say some things off my chest. This might be long so bear with me, and my ultimate goal is for Katy herself to read this but she won't so whatever lol. 

Spoiler

I can safely say that while I definitely don't agree with the ridiculously low scores from critics and their tendency to talk more about her public image, perception, brand and personal life more than the music itself, I can still see why there is so much frustration regarding this album. Katy Perry as an 'artist' has always been seen as an after-thought since the beginning of her career. Even if she does show artistry in her stripped down performances with her guitar (like we can clearly see there is some musicianship there judging by the amount of stellar solo written songs she has in the past), we can still see that the moment she decided to be a pop superstar with I Kissed a Girl is when everyone started seeing her as a "product" before an "artist". And she further solidified that with TD and Prism. I'm not saying she didn't have her moments where she tried to showcase her genuine artistic pov, especially during OOTB and Prism. She did and she still does. But the main package that was being marketed during those eras was still 'Katy the mainstream pop machine' more than anything. And when it was working, it was WORKING. So it was all a perfect storm and she naturally kept that up. Then Witness came where she attempted to shed that pop machine persona a little bit and tried branching out and experimenting, but the utterly confusing point of views on that album as a whole made critics unsure of what she was trying to say. Ofc she was looking for a witness, but that was said in such a jumbled mixed bag way instead of a clear direction. And of course the critics being weird to Katy Perry as always, were fixated on her public persona and haircut more than the music. I can see that kinda negative reaction to her first ever attempt at diversifying her sound really discouraged her from trying that ever again, and she went back to creating a safe basic pop album like Smile. And Smile was actually pretty concise and cohesive for the most part, but you could tell it was mostly a collection of songs with surface level themes not exactly explored deeply. But having came at a time during the pandemic and her pregnancy, I don't think people cared for long at what she had to say. So the critics just gave her some middling scores and moved on. But this time for 143, we could see she was ready to be a popstar again and go out there into the world, so naturally the expectations of people and the critics alike were high. And for some reason I think they really thought she would finally have a solid body of work where she will have substantially more personal and deeper themes. But what came was just the surface level themes with mostly chatgpt lyrics. The album itself sounds cohesive sonically, but she's at a point in her 16 year-long career now where people naturally expect her to say something that goes beyond just common cliches. She does have some substantially potent songs here and there, but as a complete body of work, the album doesn't live up to what she could be giving as per her veteran status and level of maturity that comes with the experiences she has gone through over the years. 

sorry katheryn, I don't mean to discredit all the work you did, as a fan I'll always root for you and consume whatever you put out, but I think it's high time that you realize that you need to create an actual body of work which will undoubtedly say who you are truly, rather than just putting together a collection of songs that could be sung by anybody over basic beats. I still enjoy 143 for what it is, it's a fun dance party, a celebration, whatever. Great. But now it's time to give us that Greg Wells-assisted acoustic-poprock record where you tap into your roots and give a glimpse into that old katheryn who used to write heartfelt songs with her guitar and always had a unique pov in life. That way people will finally respect you as an artist and you'll get your flowers that you deserve :heart2:

:ryan3:

• Like 8

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE, PLEASE, PPLEEASSEEEE SCAN ALL OF THE SLEEVES OF THE VINYLS WITH THE BUTTERFLIES? I NEED TO CREATE PNGs OF THEM FOR EDITS. THANKS!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, skwonderfactory said:

Katy-Perry-The-Lifetimes-Tour-official-b

ACT I: FROM VENUS

Video Intro: The Portal Opens

1. Woman's World (extended intro with backing vocalists only)

2. Gimme Gimme (shortened; [Verse 1], [Pre-Chorus] and [Chorus] only)

3. Dark Horse (flows directly into "E.T." with backing vocalists chanting "Once you're mine, once you're mine (You're an alien)")

4. E.T.

5. Teenage Dream

ACT II: ALL THE REAL FEELS

Interlude: Wide Open Heart (contains elements of "Waking Up In Vegas" and "I Woke Up")

6. Tucked (flows directly into…)

7. Crush

8. Roulette (with dance break)

9. Hot n Cold

ACT III: DIGITAL REPETITION

Interlude: Algorithmic Intelligence (contains elements of "Dancing With The Devil")

10. Artificial / Who Am I Living For? (shortened outro to "Artificial"; [Intro] adlibs, [Chorus] (x2) and [Refrain] only)

11. Cry About It Later

12. Dèjà Vu / 365 (medley; flows directly into…)

13. Truth / Teary Eyes (shortened outro to "Truth"; [Bridge (Pre-Chorus 1)], final [Chorus] and [Outro] only)

ACT IV: SEX IS PARADISE

Interlude: Pillow Fight (contains elements of "Peacock")

14. California Gurls

15. I Kissed A Girl

16. Nirvana / Legendary Lovers (backing vocalists only) [medley]

17. Walking On Air (shortened; [Verse 1], [Pre-Chorus], first [Chorus], [Bridge], final [Chorus] and [Outro (Refrain)] only)

18. Bon Appétit (shortened; flows directly into…)

19. I'm His, He's Mine

ACT V: YOU'RE STILL GROWING, LITTLE DAISY

Interlude: Right Through The Cracks (contains elements of "Spiritual", "Has A Heart" and "Pendulum")

20. The One That Got Away / Thinking Of You (acoustic medley)

21. Daisies (acoustic)

22. Wonder (acoustic intro [Chorus] and [Verse 1] before building to full production throughout the second [Chorus] for the [Post-Chorus] onwards)

ACT VI: CHEERS TO THE SKY

Interlude: A Champion's Reign (contains elements of "Fingerprints" and "All The Love")

23. Roar (band only intro)

24. Champagne Problems

25. Gorgeous

26. Chained To The Rhythm

27 Never Really Over (extended band and backing vocalists outro with thank you's)

ENCORE

28. Lifetimes

29. Firework (extended orchestra outro)

Katy should hire you :clap3:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

Ok so after a few days of listening to the album and letting things settle, I want to say some things off my chest. This might be long so bear with me, and my ultimate goal is for Katy herself to read this but she won't so whatever lol. 

Reveal hidden contents

I can safely say that while I definitely don't agree with the ridiculously low scores from critics and their tendency to talk more about her public image, perception, brand and personal life more than the music itself, I can still see why there is so much frustration regarding this album. Katy Perry as an 'artist' has always been seen as an after-thought since the beginning of her career. Even if she does show artistry in her stripped down performances with her guitar (like we can clearly see there is some musicianship there judging by the amount of stellar solo written songs she has in the past), we can still see that the moment she decided to be a pop superstar with I Kissed a Girl is when everyone started seeing her as a "product" before an "artist". And she further solidified that with TD and Prism. I'm not saying she didn't have her moments where she tried to showcase her genuine artistic pov, especially during OOTB and Prism. She did and she still does. But the main package that was being marketed during those eras was still 'Katy the mainstream pop machine' more than anything. And when it was working, it was WORKING. So it was all a perfect storm and she naturally kept that up. Then Witness came where she attempted to shed that pop machine persona a little bit and tried branching out and experimenting, but the utterly confusing point of views on that album as a whole made critics unsure of what she was trying to say. Ofc she was looking for a witness, but that was said in such a jumbled mixed bag way instead of a clear direction. And of course the critics being weird to Katy Perry as always, were fixated on her public persona and haircut more than the music. I can see that kinda negative reaction to her first ever attempt at diversifying her sound really discouraged her from trying that ever again, and she went back to creating a safe basic pop album like Smile. And Smile was actually pretty concise and cohesive for the most part, but you could tell it was mostly a collection of songs with surface level themes not exactly explored deeply. But having came at a time during the pandemic and her pregnancy, I don't think people cared for long at what she had to say. So the critics just gave her some middling scores and moved on. But this time for 143, we could see she was ready to be a popstar again and go out there into the world, so naturally the expectations of people and the critics alike were high. And for some reason I think they really thought she would finally have a solid body of work where she will have substantially more personal and deeper themes. But what came was just the surface level themes with mostly chatgpt lyrics. The album itself sounds cohesive sonically, but she's at a point in her 16 year-long career now where people naturally expect her to say something that goes beyond just common cliches. She does have some substantially potent songs here and there, but as a complete body of work, the album doesn't live up to what she could be giving as per her veteran status and level of maturity that comes with the experiences she has gone through over the years. 

sorry katheryn, I don't mean to discredit all the work you did, as a fan I'll always root for you and consume whatever you put out, but I think it's high time that you realize that you need to create an actual body of work which will undoubtedly say who you are truly, rather than just putting together a collection of songs that could be sung by anybody over basic beats. I still enjoy 143 for what it is, it's a fun dance party, a celebration, whatever. Great. But now it's time to give us that Greg Wells-assisted acoustic-poprock record where you tap into your roots and give a glimpse into that old katheryn who used to write heartfelt songs with her guitar and always had a unique pov in life. That way people will finally respect you as an artist and you'll get your flowers that you deserve :heart2:

:ryan3:

I know, you're right, but I wouldn't worry about it so much. I mean we know Katy's soul and artistry, she loves us and she's so sweet with us, atp if others don't get it that's fine, she already have numbers, I don't think it's her priority (even though doing good numbers is always hoped for and well-accepted of course). I'm sure there's still a lot more to come and we'll hear what you're looking for. Be hopeful and in the meantime enjoy the fact that we're all about to see her on tour:heart:

• Like 2

i'm mad we didn't get OK today

will we ever hear this song

• Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, Burqa said:

i'm mad we didn't get OK today

will we ever hear this song

It's ok sis the Navy has been waiting nearly a decade for R9, we can wait a few days.

The bonus tracks feel so disjointed from the album sonically, I really can't get into them because of it. If they were on Smile or Prism it'd sound fine imo. 

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.