Katy Perry - '143'

livelikemusic
Oxygen
Message added by Oxygen,

143 = I love you

6 minutes ago, LionH3art said:

I think they should just stick to lifetimes until the vmas week and then debut gimme gimme

Other than it being a Dark Horse variant why is their such a need to push that particular song as a single? Especially when ya didn't care Not The End Of The World which was another variant. The fans are clearly begging for Nirvana. She needs to focus on pushing Lifetimes and act like Woman's World doesn't exist. Then once the album drops see the reception to the track or go the 2010s route and do a poll and let the fans decide which track should be the next single

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• thismoment

• Ramcoro

• Tistotal

This is kinda her HTE era if you think about. Flopping singles and hate train before the album, but it's gettig saved by an instant classic that was kept on the album (HTE = Nirvana) and released later as a single :gaycat1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Patiently waiting for I'm his, he's mine to be released as the second single and save this era 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

Other than it being a Dark Horse variant why is their such a need to push that particular song as a single? Especially when ya didn't care Not The End Of The World which was another variant. The fans are clearly begging for Nirvana. She needs to focus on pushing Lifetimes and act like Woman's World doesn't exist. Then once the album drops see the reception to the track or go the 2010s route and do a poll and let the fans decide which track should be the next single

Cause it sounds already better than NTEOTW and has the biggest feature on the album. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

People are delusional and believe the 21 Savage feature will get the era back on track, when in fact all it can do is add more backlash for its offensively bad lyrics and for showing how stuck in the past and desperate Katy is by releasing an obvious copy of her last smash hit from 10 years ago

while it's true that a certain amount of people (me included) are "begging" for nirvana to be the next single, the same thing happened with lifetimes and look how that turned out... releasing a feature is the safest bet atp, and they need to pray it catches on

Sorry ladies but any single at this point won't do much me fears, let's go with the one that sounds the most fun :suburban:

Edited by Nico Robin
  • Like 2

On 8/23/2024 at 4:41 AM, KK_Lover said:

I feel bad for those animals :bird:

We're doing great actually, joyride remains beloved and incredibly stable, which is more than I can say for miss KP

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, CroNich said:

We're doing great actually, joyride remains beloved and incredibly stable, which is more than I can say for miss KP

d445b99984c06f24e63036ac81e7501a.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

13 minutes ago, hyunababe said:

this is real?

sadly no

2 hours ago, Cheap Thrills 9.0 said:

People are delusional and believe the 21 Savage feature will get the era back on track, when in fact all it can do is add more backlash for its offensively bad lyrics and for showing how stuck in the past and desperate Katy is by releasing an obvious copy of her last smash hit from 10 years ago

How can it add more backlash if both songs she released already met this exact criticism? :toofunny3:

She should try with Nirvana!

34 minutes ago, hyunababe said:

this is real?

that would be a smart move, so obviously it's fake 

:suburban:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KK_Lover said:

d445b99984c06f24e63036ac81e7501a.gif

Did I lie?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

the wait is over, now we're celebrating 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hyunababe said:

this is real?

Spoiler

you tell me

:suburban:

• Haha 2

On 8/25/2024 at 11:36 AM, Hephaestus said:

The way I can't remember what song the pre-chorus of Nirvana reminds me of, it drives me crazy :jonny2:

Idk exactly why but the first time I heard it it reminded me to Sacrifice by Bebe Rexha, not in a way like it sounds the same, more like they can be remixed together seamless, I guess the melodies are similar and the vibes too.

36 minutes ago, thismoment said:

the way you won :suburban:

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

Yass. That makes more sense

The way that her career would've been on a total different trajectory if she released

• Mannequin as the fourth single after Waking Up In Vegas

• Peacock (gay anthem waiting to happen), Hummingbird Heartbeat and Not Like The Movies

• Scrap Birthday, This Is How We Do and release Walking On Air and Legendary Lovers instead

• Roulette or Deja Vu as singles, kept Method To My Madness and secured a Rihanna collab

• Release in 2019 and include Immortal Flame, Harley's In Hawaii as the second single, securing Dua Lipa for Teary Eyes as a feature and Drake for Energy, Cry About It Later as singles. Honorable mention for Tucked. Keep and make Save Me Some Tonight and High On Your Supply everywhere

The fact that drives me crazy the most is that, apart from her huge timeless smash hits, it seems people really sleep on Katy's music. I mean in her albums there's so much potential, like there are plenty of songs that could have been great singles and make her being given more credits by the public (and maybe even by the critic). It's a shame to think that things could have gone totally different in a positive way just by making better marketing/commercial decisions. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

Do we have a review of how that went? I'm genuinely excited for this record. Her and Nelly Furtado dropping new albums on the same day is major. If they toured together it'd eat

Nothing we don't already know :giraffe:

54 minutes ago, thismoment said:

I'm not ready for the lashings when the video drops :deadvision:

• Haha 1

It seems like Capitol is teasing the realese of Nirvana as next single👀

1 hour ago, thismoment said:

It's hard to believe we went from the random 2023 rumors about the Gypsy Woman sample and Dr. Luke's comeback to an official release next Friday. :biblionny:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.