Katy Perry - '143'

livelikemusic
Oxygen
Message added by Oxygen,

143 = I love you

Why do I feel every song sounds like this one

I mean I like it, but this in the bottom of feed the best, the less cohesive album ever. There's something about the lack of lyricism that I'm not really into.

• Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• thismoment

• Ramcoro

• Kayzan

She kind of sounds like Kelly Clarkson in Crush. Is she saying "Catching My Breath?" 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Ramcoro said:

She kind of sounds like Kelly Clarkson in Crush. Is she saying "Catching My Breath?" 

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am 90% sure she is sampling "Catch My Breath" by Kelly. The melody is 100% the same and that's definitely what she is singing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, skwonderfactory said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am 90% sure she is sampling "Catch My Breath" by Kelly. The melody is 100% the same and that's definitely what she is singing.

Glad I'm not crazy! Lowkey Catch My Breath is an underrated song. Katy and Kelly have a long history together. Katy used to write for her and Kelly has covered a lot of Katys songs (Kelly covers lots of songs she likes.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"I'm his, he's mine" — the sample alone — bops.  I don't care how cringey lyrically. 

She needs to release it.

:clack:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, PopMusicJunkie said:

"I'm his, he's mine" — the sample alone — bops.  I don't care how cringey lyrically. 

She needs to release it.

It's probably the song I'm waiting for the most... the rhythm of the verse is sooo on point and it goes so well with the sample for me. It's stucked in my head:duca:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tistotal said:

I mean I like it, but this in the bottom of feed the best, the less cohesive album ever. There's something about the lack of lyricism that I'm not really into.

I can see Rihanna singing this song for some reason :rip:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Who do you think she'll try to get to tour with her? I think another nostalgia act like Carly Rae or Icona Pop again would be cute. Or maybe Kim Petras if she wants to go with a "new" artist. They also have the same initials. I hope it's not some random bands again. 

7 minutes ago, Tistotal said:

0:50 is kind of giving me life ngl

This better not be the full song or I swear I am going to take her to… :eli:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I need gimme gimme NOW

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, skwonderfactory said:

This better not be the full song or I swear I am going to take her to… :eli:

I think she only did verse 1 & chorus type of snippets for the tracks. 

she also did the same pattern with WW & lifetimes:

Edited by alexaalto

nirvana > crush > gorgeous > i'm his, he's mine > gimme gimme > ww > lifetimes

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ramcoro said:

Who do you think she'll try to get to tour with her? I think another nostalgia act like Carly Rae or Icona Pop again would be cute. Or maybe Kim Petras if she wants to go with a "new" artist. They also have the same initials. I hope it's not some random bands again. 

The ones that would make the most sense given her demographic would be

• Carly Rae Jepsen is a great nostalgic act with pull. Saw her at Governor's Ball and she pulled in as much of an audience as Sabrina Carpenter and Chappell Roan

• Kim Petras since they also have a collaboration together and the gays will come in drones to support 

• Zedd cause justice for 365

• Tinashe since she's opened for her before and it'd be mutually beneficial for both

• Rita Ora since they're friends and Rita needs to rebuild her touring demand and reputation anyways

• Fletcher sampled I Kissed A Girl so a reunion would be cute

• Chappell Roan (they're huge fans of each other and Katy could use to help and support no shade)

Honorable mentions

• Zara Larsson, Ava Max, Mimi Webb could use the platform

• Camila Cabello cause she needs to tour her current album somehow

Nirvana > GG > Lifetimes > I'm his, he's mine > lifetimes > gorgeous > ww >>>>>>>>>>>>> trush 

• Like 1

Crush
I'm his, he's mine 

Gimme Gimme 

Gorgeous 

Lifetimes

Nirvana 

Woman's World 

Edited by thismoment
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, thismoment said:

Crush
I'm his, he's mine 

Gimme Gimme 

Gorgeous 

Lifetimes

Nirvana 

Woman's World 

what is IHHM doing this high

IMG_5157.thumb.gif.16f135f1de8b9d2980364

14 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

what is IHHM doing this high

IMG_5157.thumb.gif.16f135f1de8b9d2980364

You're not gonna get the song the first time you hear it. After the second and third time you're gonna be like, woah, what is this? It sounds nothing like anything that's out right now.

• Haha 3

The way I can't remember what song the pre-chorus of Nirvana reminds me of, it drives me crazy :jonny2:

10 hours ago, Tistotal said:

Girl if anything Katy would be lucky to have a uhoh level bop in the album. This is no shade whatsoever, she could really make something like this work for herself (maybe even get a cute hit out of it), but so far even songs like Lifetimes and Nirvana that appear to be the most liked by the fandom aren't as catchy as that imho.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Tistotal said:

Should have been the lead

• Like 3

14 hours ago, thismoment said:

small talk > woman's world

and I'm deadass serious 

and you would be correct :suburban:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tistotal said:

obsessed with this song!!! the drop, the annihilation-esque dark beat is GIVING me everything :WAP: i hope one of the songs that we haven't heard yet sounds similar to this

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hephaestus said:

The way I can't remember what song the pre-chorus of Nirvana reminds me of, it drives me crazy :jonny2:

this song sounds like it's copied from somewhere? idk just the beat, the concept and everything. it all sounds familiar? i just can't pinpoint exactly where i've heard it? wait i think... it sounds like soty

Spoiler

:ryan3:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Nirvanaaa :WAP:

I didn't care for the snippet from the livestream but the Evita performance did something to me :WAP:

This is sadly gonna be the WOA/Roulette/CAIL of this album, which is giving me MDNA vibes so far, if you get it, you get it, if you don't, you don't! :WAP:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.