HDD: 1st predictions for THE BIG 4 at the Grammy

whatyouwant_

• ATRL Moderator
22 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

Sorry but nobody has any business winning AOTY for 2 of their first 3 albums

:confused: Why not? Plenty of artists have released amazing, classic albums at the start of their careers. Off the top of my head—

Fleetwood Mac & Rumours

19 & 21 (Adele)

Clouds & Ladies of the Canyon (Joni)

Pure Heroine & Melodrama (Lorde)

Diamond Life & Promise (Sade)

Mariah Carey & Music Box

Rebecca Black Was Here & Let Her Burn

What's the 411 & My Life (Mary J.)

Fearless & Speak Now (Taylor)

Little Earthquakes & Boys for Pele (Tori)

The College Dropout & Late Registration & Graduation (Kanye)

The Slim Shady LP & Marshall Mathers LP (Eminem)

Let Go & Under My Skin (Avril)

KISS & E•MO•TION (Carly)

In fact, a lot of artists even peak early and their first three albums are their best :rip:

• Like 7

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whatyouwant_

• feelslikeadream

• KatyPrismSpirit

• TayDuaStan

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Chappall album came out last year?

10 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

:confused: Why not? Plenty of artists have released amazing, classic albums at the start of their careers. Off the top of my head—

Fleetwood Mac & Rumours

19 & 21 (Adele)

Clouds & Ladies of the Canyon (Joni)

Pure Heroine & Melodrama (Lorde)

Diamond Life & Promise (Sade)

Mariah Carey & Music Box

Rebecca Black Was Here & Let Her Burn

What's the 411 & My Life (Mary J.)

Fearless & Speak Now (Taylor)

Little Earthquakes & Boys for Pele (Tori)

The College Dropout & Late Registration & Graduation (Kanye)

The Slim Shady LP & Marshall Mathers LP (Eminem)

Let Go & Under My Skin (Avril)

KISS & E•MO•TION (Carly)

In fact, a lot of artists even peak early and their first three albums are their best :rip:

This sneak...

:suburban:

• Haha 5

I'm kind of seeing Taylor and Bey being mostly shut out. They'll get noms, but I only think we'll see 1-2 wins amongst them.

I could see Billie picking up a few and Sabrina sneaking some SOTY/ROTY.

The Grannys should really try to… evolve. How boring, predictable and sad. 

• Like 1

As long as SOTY goes to a previous recipient of that award and AOTY goes to TTPD, I'll be happy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

Beyonce successful commercially? 

#1 platinum album with a #1 single. Try again later.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, LegaMyth said:

The eligibility period is Sep 16th to Aug 30th, her album came out literally a week into the period:clap3:

9 minutes ago, LegaMyth said:

It's still in the eligibilty period (Sep 16 2023 - Aug 30 2024). Chappell's album came out on Sep 22, 2023.

OT: It is kind of exciting to see such a competitive year. Here are my 2 cents:

AOTY: I think they have the "perfect" story to finally give Beyonce her AOTY. The whole "going country" narrative could be their excuse. Not saying she does not deserve it, just that she has had more successful and more impactful albums. If she does not take it, I doubt it'll go to a pop girl (maaaybe Billie). They could give it to a male artist like Hozier.

ROTY: Yeah, it should be "Not Like Us". If not, I guess Sabrina can snatch it, but I am not sure, her songs are huge but they don't feel monumental like "Flowers" did.

SOTY: Probably Hozier or someone not even on ATRL's radar. Or Billie can snatch another win with BOAF.

BNA: Yeah it's Chappell against Sabrina, unless a male sneaks in.

I doubt Taylor will leave empty handed so she'll probably get Pop Duo as there's no much competition in that field (that I can remember). 

The pop categories is probbaly where Chappell and Sabrina have more chances. Sabrina could probably get the Pop Solo and Chappell Pop Album (unless Sabrina's album is amazing). In theory, Ariana should be a threat here too with "We Can't Be Friends" and 'Eternal Sunshine'. And while it may not have been super successful, Dua could also snatch some nominations here.

As for Charli, I am afraid she may be too edgy for the Grammys.

• Like 1

I just hope Taylor wins any other Grammy besides AOTY because I'm craving for her to work with new producers… and i fear this is the only way. She didn't win AOTY for Red, we got new producers for 1989, she didn't win AOTY with Rep… new producers for Lover, no AOTY for Lover, a new producer for Folklore.  :allears:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Y'all saying Chappell for AOTY when she didn't even tack GLB! on the album for some unknown reason :redface:

because is the lead to her second album...? her debut is already smashing and she has a smash lead single. Putting GLB in the album would make her fly dangerously close to one era wonder territory. 

Anyway I don't think Chappell has a chance at AOTY. I'm betting on Billie.  

• ATRL Moderator
6 minutes ago, LastGreatBloodline said:

because is the lead to her second album...? her debut is already smashing and she has a smash lead single. Putting GLB in the album would make her fly dangerously close to one era wonder territory. 

Anyway I don't think Chappell has a chance at AOTY. I'm betting on Billie.  

But when is that supposed sophomore album gonna come out? Releasing one soon is a bad idea considering the debut only started smashing recently. I think it makes far more sense her for to push it as a TRAFOAMP single (a la Hozier with Too Sweet) and just kick off a new era early next year.

Chappell is not getting AOTY like be for real. It's 100% going to Billie.

I think it's between Bey and Billie for AOTY. Billie seems like a shoe-in unless Beyonce does something to promote the album and give it any longevity :rip: 

• Like 2

I don't see Taylor winning anything besides maybe Best Music Video 

Surprised BRAT wasn't mentioned, it deserves a nomination at the very least. It feels like a breakthrough era for her and she's pretty connected among industry peers.

I feel like people are overestimating Chappell/Sabrina's chances in the Big 4. Pop solo or BNA maybe but the rest is a stretch. 

If Grammy's want to prove that their awards aren't about hype/success but about objective quality, then Billie and Beyoncé should sweep!

ScHoolboy Q should be the Rap Album frontrunner. After the way Rap treated Killer Mike this year Blue Lips feels like a lock. Rap industry, critics and fans have all been singing the album praises since it dropped.

Depending on what drops by August 30th he should even get an AOTY nod but that probably won't happen since they boring and basic (same goes for nominating Charli)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.