HDD: 1st predictions for THE BIG 4 at the Grammy

whatyouwant_

some thoughts:

-SOTY is Billie's. She's won it back-to-back before, so there isn't any reason to believe she can't do it again.

- I still believe Beyoncé is competitive in AOTY. The Grammys have to be aware of how bad the optics are that their most awarded artist in history has never won a GF award.  

-I have a feeling that TTPD won't be competitive this year. The Grammys tend to ignore Taylor right after she wins big.  

-I'm rooting for Chappell, but I don't think she's on the Grammys' radar just yet. As for Sabrina, I doubt she'll be competitive in any of the GF categories besides BNA. She'll probably win Best Pop Solo.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whatyouwant_

• feelslikeadream

• KatyPrismSpirit

• TayDuaStan

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, whatyouwant_ said:

Ari not even mentioned :chick3:

It's politics and this basically sealed that she's gonna have a hard time being in the running going forward:

2 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

I wouldn't mind if they split grammys among all girls so Billie, Bey, Taylor, Chappell, Ari & Sabrina, one taking AOTY, other SOTY and so on.

everyone gets a trophy

13 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Kendrick deserves ROTY, Chappell BNA, AOTY… low key Chappell too :mandown:

mte

duck-smoking-icegif-2.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TayDuaStan said:

One of these things is not like the others :cm:

I can clock another lie :cm:

Their latest albums—The Tortured Poets Department, Cowboy Carte and Hit Me Hard and Soft, respectively—have all been enormously successful, both comercially and critically.

• Like 3

Chappell Roan is not winning AOTY. :rip: 

• Confused 1

These are my picks, no matter what

Album of the Year: HIT ME HARD AND SOFT

Record of the Year: "Espresso"

Song of the Year: "Not Like Us"

Best New Artist: Chappell Roan

Best Pop Vocal Album: HIT ME HARD AND SOFT

Best Pop Solo: "we can't be friends"

Best Pop/Duo: "The girl, so confusing version with lorde"

7 minutes ago, Communion said:

It's politics and this basically sealed that she's gonna have a hard time being in the running going forward:

oh :deadbanana:

2 minutes ago, collin said:

Chappell Roan is not winning AOTY. :rip: 

yeah, she has no chances, i don't know if they are delusional or is just fan wish at this point :skull:

• Like 1

Anyone predicting Chappell to win any category other than BNA is kinda delusional.

Sabrina can be the Miley this year and win pop solo and roty with Espresso (even though I don't think she deserves any of these).

I think it's still too early to predict the winners, a lot of things can happen. 

• Like 3

Sorry but nobody has any business winning AOTY for 2 of their first 3 albums

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, whatyouwant_ said:

Their latest albums—The Tortured Poets Department, Cowboy Carter and Hit Me Hard and Soft, respectively—have all been enormously successful, both commercially and critically.

:eli:

• Haha 3

Chappell def has a chance at AOTY… Billie, Ariana, Sabrina and Taylor will cancel each other out because all mainstream pop votes will be split with them. Chappell is a breakout act who had one of the most organic rises to mainstream fame in a while. She's not in the category of the usual pop vote as her music palette is diverse and alt leaning. Also, she is a big touring act already and artists on tour are always more likely to win AOTY (Midnights, Harry's House) And lets be real, Chappell already getting co-signed by the likes of Elton John, Gaga and many more only showcases that the industry is already embracing her. I can totally see it happen. It wouldnt be the first time a female breakthrough act would win big at the Grammys either.

I do think Bey is winning album of the year based on the impact of the album. Yes, it has fallen down the charts, but this album introduced us to so many Black country artists that many of us had no idea existed. 

She has pissed me off this era, but I can't deny the impact. 

Just now, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Chappell def has a chance at AOTY… Billie, Ariana, Sabrina and Taylor will cancel each other out because all mainstream pop votes will be split with them. Chappell is a breakout act who had one of the most organic rises to mainstream fame in a while. She's not in the category of the usual pop vote as her music palette is diverse and alt leaning. Also, she is a big touring act already and artists on tour are always more likely to win AOTY (Midnights, Harry's House) And lets be real, Chappell already getting co-signed by the likes of Elton John, Gaga and many more only showcases that the industry is already embracing her. I can totally see it happen. It wouldnt be the first time a female breakthrough act would win big at the Grammys either.

If Olivia couldn't win with Sour in a less competitive year, what makes you think Chappell can?? Also, Billie has a lot of support from alt and rock voters, that's why she won in 2020, Chappell won't get more votes than her.

AOTY: HMHAS

SOTY: BOAF

ROTY: Chihiro

the only right answer :khalyan2:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jenni said:

If Olivia couldn't win with Sour in a less competitive year, what makes you think Chappell can?? Also, Billie has a lot of support from alt and rock voters, that's why she won in 2020, Chappell won't get more votes than her.

Olivia was up against Jon Batiste who got like 11 nominations that night. She was always the #2 pick. This year, it seems like artistic/music theory khias are shut out of AOTY noms because of how many big acts release albums. But i could be wrong

I can already picture a massive and dirty campaign from Billie and Taylor, both teams are well know for their amazing strategy regarding award season. This will be fun to watch :dies:

Taylor is winning album of the year again I fear

• ATRL Moderator

Y'all saying Chappell for AOTY when she didn't even tack GLB! on the album for some unknown reason :redface:

Both Sabrina and Chappell deserve BNA, so either is a win. Taylor deserves noms but I don't think she wins in any category. NEED Kacey to snatch all the country categories. 

20 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

You said the same damn thing about Olivia winning with SOUR

IMG_9587.thumb.gif.298e1567b3e6a7f97a8a0

• Haha 1

These are surprisingly good predictions. 

Something tells me Hozier is the dark horse of this year. People have been overlooking him in this forum but critics and the industry love him, and he's finally got big success again since Take Me To Church. People aren't paying attention to him because they are all about pop girls but watch him snatch Song of the Year and maybe Album of the Year... 

Benson's also a strong contender for Song of the Year. Honestly, I think this category will go to either him or Hozier.

As for new artist... Shaboozey getting a #1 a month before the deadline could benefit him a lot. He could snatch BNA from Chappel/Sabrina/Benson, although seeing the previous winners, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave it to Sabrina after all. 

Surprised they completely ignored Ariana. I still think she could sneak into SOTY/ROTY with We Can't Be Friends, and honestly, I wouldn't count her out yet. It's s solid track to win SOTY. People are also being a bit quick saying Sabrina will take the pop categories but Ariana is perhaps in a similar spot so they will have to fight there. I think both Ariana and Sabrina will be "ignored" in the major categories (no win for them) and their chance to win, and their fight, is going to be in the pop field. 

I need Kenny to sweep and I wanna see Brat getting a nom for a genre category. 

AOTY nom for Brat would be a dream but we will see.

Why do some users here keep insinuating that TTPD is not critically acclaimed?   :huh:

QpbwABO.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.