AOTY is between 'COWBOY CARTER' and TTPD

Darkgalord

Posted (edited)

It seems like Beyoncé and Taylor Swift will be battling again at the 2025 Grammys for "Album of The Year". 

Forbes states that Swift is the reigning champion in the category, so voters may not want to choose her anytime soon. That said, 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT' is the biggest album release of the year in the US.

Meanwhile, Beyoncé's 'COWBOY CARTER' was an immense sonic shift for Country, and such moves are usually rewarded. Voters who may not have loved Beyoncé's previous Pop, Dance, & R&B oriented work may be more interested in her Country album, despite it not being as commercially successful.

The official nominees will be revealed on November 8 this year.

Edited by Darkgalord
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• Jay07

• Badgalbriel

• Into The Void

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither of these albums should win.  

• Like 10

They didn't say "AOTY is between COWBOY CARTER and TTPD" :dies:

They said the two will be "battling it out" and that they likely won't choose TTPD since she just won.

It should go to Bey though

I don't think either of them has any chance. Taylor is not winning back-to-back and CC is a major flop and went completely unnoticed. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 12

It wouldn't surprise me if 'Cosplay Carter' actually won it. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

None of them deserve it, especially this year when everyone and their mom are releasing so there's no way these 2 just happen to have the best album again.

it's between Dopamine and Kendrick Lamar if he releases an album too.

• Haha 3

they're gonna nominate bey and not award her anyway so. and i don't know if they'll give taylor aoty two years in a row so maybe they'll give it HMHAS

I love how they never get tired of betting on Beyoncé, even though we all know the end, including them

• Haha 1

The fact people think Beyoncé has a shot when she keeps getting shot down from that category for the past decade :lakitu:

Just now, Devin said:

*TTPD is a major flop and wouldve went completely unnoticed had she not pulled out all them variants.

Sure, hun.

• Thanks 2

That Chappell lady is gonna sneak it. 

billie is going to win

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

I don't think either of them has any chance. Taylor is not winning back-to-back and CC is a major flop and went completely unnoticed. 

i agree with you. Texas hold 'em might win something

Yeah seems like Billies year. Unfortunately for a Beyoncé commercial success is a big factor in winning AOTY

The fact that neither of them will win :dies: It's Billie's award easily 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

HMHAS sweeping I fear

Edited by Anthropocene

They will not give it to Taylor 2 times in a row and if Beyoncé couldn't win with bigger albums in the past, I don't think she can with CC (unless a miracle happens). I think it will either go to Billie or someone no one expects.

• Like 1

HMHAS sweetie I am so sorry. 

PTSD deserves nothing 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I think it's gonna be Billie. CC would be kinda good for them narratively after the snubbings, but I also don't see it happening somehow? Maybe I'm just not a big fan of the album itself. Self-Titled deserved it the most.

Brat would be too good to be true and I don't see it happening + The wrath she would get from certain stanbases would be absurd (but funny, lmao).

spacer.png

• Like 1

GRAMMY will probably award someone not that known or Billie.

The fact that Swifties think they will give it to Taylor is... :skull:

Posted (edited)

Nah it's Billie's year. Her album is the obvious frontrunner. She has critical acclaim and hits. And she's a big 4 categories Grammys fav. 

Edited by suneclipse121
  • Like 7

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.