AOTY is between 'COWBOY CARTER' and TTPD

Darkgalord

• ATRL Moderator

Out of these two, probably Cowboy Carter should win. 

In an ideal world, Renaissance won over Midnights and TTPD wins over Cowboy Carter. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• Jay07

• Badgalbriel

• Into The Void

Top Posters In This Topic

People are forgetting that they expanded the academy this year, I think its anyone's game tbh

It's Billie's to lose. More than the others she has universal support among the different factions of the academy. 

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

She has Lunch and Birds of a Feather tho?

a two-week top 10 that got to #5

and a three-week top 10 that got to #9. it might go back up, but predictions are currently #11, then #12 with a 14% drop.

slightly better than the last album. nowhere near bad guy. not even up to everything i wanted standard.

other pop girls on the hot 100: taylor/tortured poets 16 weeks top 10
tate/think later 15
beyonce/cowboy carter 11
ariana/eternal sunshine 9

However, their giving a big win to the barbie song which didn't even crack the top 10 indicates some voters will vote for her no matter what.

Edited by fridayteenage

1 minute ago, Phuccery, Inc. said:

It's Billie's to lose. More than the others she has universal support among the different factions of the academy. 

Billie's album is great but still, I'm so tired of seeing her winning things so effortlessly. The album is good and no one can denied that (cannot say the same for Taylor this year) but still, sooooo uninspired to give it to her again that easily. I guess it's "cool" to vote for her :psyduck:

Billie released the best album in 2024, she should win.

• Like 2

Billie's album is kinda only okay, but it's the most likely mainstream pick.

• Like 1

:coffee2:  Please Billie doesn't need to chart high to win Grammys.  She is their darling and an easy lock for AOTY barring some weird vote splitting ala 2022.

I hope Taylor takes it even with all the backlash that comes with it. If she wins, she'll be the first woman to win AOTY back-to-back. And with the 5th AOTY under her belt, it will be hard for anyone else to catch up to match and break her record. 

• Like 3

Cowboy Carter is not gonna win a thing. Country voters won't vote for it, her usual RnB voters won't vote for it. Pop voters definitely won't. It's for Beyoncé fans and no one else, really.

• Like 1

literally nooone thinks Cowboy carter is "aoty" worthy outside the clout-gays temporarily using for a ig reel bc they needed an excuse to show off their  jockstarp and cowboy hat. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

Of course both albums will receive nominations, but I think neither of them would get an award.

"Cowboy Carter" will be robbed, as many previous Beyonce albums before.

"Tortured Listeners" is not that good album, and I guess Grammy would completely lose its credibility, if it wins. I think Billie can get it, or artist like Jon Batiste or someone.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Of course both albums will receive nominations, but I think neither of them would get an award.

"Cowboy Carter" will be robbed, as many previous Beyonce albums before.

"Tortured Listeners" is not that good album, and I guess Grammy would completely lose its credibility, if it wins. I think Billie can get it, or artist like Jon Batiste or someone.

• Thumbs Down 1

It's getting so boring

Is between HMSAH and Hamas

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Who ever send better gifts and SPA retreats to the members of committee, just like very year

Grammy's are joke. The same artist circulating with nominations and wins over and over again despite the fact if the album/song is actually good

• Like 1

Neither of them are winning the award. Billie is pretty much guaranteed to get it (at least among female artists she's the most likely, I haven't been following male artists releases that much). She's a Grammy darling, released a highly acclaimed album, and is seeing great success. 

they just want clicks. It's like 100% obvious that Taylor isnt winning this time. She just won with Midnights...The real contest will obviously be Billie vs Bey. 

I don't see it going to Bey, Taylor or Billie.

It should be Eternal Sunshine, but she probably won't even be nominated in AOTY. So hopefully Bey, since she deserves AOTY at least once in her career. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Rafael said:

Billie's album is great but still, I'm so tired of seeing her winning things so effortlessly. The album is good and no one can denied that (cannot say the same for Taylor this year) but still, sooooo uninspired to give it to her again that easily. I guess it's "cool" to vote for her :psyduck:

I feel this way about this not representative of the world back and forth with these music award shows in general.

It's boring. They don't even nominate interesting oddball albums no more lmfao. It's very standard affair and not reflective of what music looks like anyway. 

This thread made me go to Goldderby and I just sighed lmfao. 

Edited by Wicked
  • Thanks 1

Taylor literally won this year already, she's not going to win back-to-back and Beyoncé's album doesn't have nearly as much passion as any of her other recent studio album, so I don't see it for her either.

It will most likely go to Billie, she has the better mix of success, acclaim & narrative this year + you know she'll campaign her ass off whereas Beyoncé and Taylor won't move.

Let it be CC at least. It's less bad.

5 hours ago, Oxygen said:

Out of these two, probably Cowboy Carter should win. 

In an ideal world, Renaissance won over Midnights and TTPD wins over Cowboy Carter. 

Renaissance and Midnights didn't compete the same year, Renny lost to Harry's House

I'm still hoping for Deeper Well! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.