Sabrina arena tour completely sold out. Why ATRL keeps losing?

Julia Fox

People are annoying with the payola talk with Sabrina. I don't know if y'all know this but no mainstream pop star is organic there is always behind the scenes label machinations, that is how all of your fave pop stars came to be so like spare us .

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Julia Fox

• Space Cowboy

• mike_int

• RoseBud

11 minutes ago, Welovetrouble said:

People are annoying with the payola talk with Sabrina. I don't know if y'all know this but no mainstream pop star is organic there is always behind the scenes label machinations, that is how all of your fave pop stars came to be so like spare us .

At the end of the day, you can be the greatest singer, actor, artist or have the best product in the world, unless you put tons of money into promotion nobody will know that.

I dont discredit Sabrina's talent but it is clear there was a media campaign of her way before Espresso, with all the red carpets events and paid articles and paparazzi shots, PR relationship and then the promotion of Espresso itself to push it into commercial success it has become. 

People who don't believe how showbiz works are simply naive. It is not called show "business" for nothing.

Also after almost decade on a scene as a singer, with 6 studio albums and background as a former Disney star, it would be weird she didnt sell out arena tour in US.

Edited by mike_int
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mike_int said:

At the end of the day, you can be the greatest singer, actor, artist or have the best product in the world, unless you put tons of money into promotion nobody will know that.

I dont discredit Sabrina's talent but it is clear there was a media campaign of her way before Espresso, with all the red carpets events and paid articles and paparazzi shots, PR relationship and then the promotion of Espresso itself to push it into commercial success it has become. 

Every popular artist has some degree of payola involved. Her label saw potential in Sabrina and they invested in her, with great results it seems.

But Payola can only do so much, Sabrina wouldn't be smashing this hard if her music wasn't genuinely connecting with the GP. And she wouldn't be selling out an arena tour if she wasn't genuinely charismatic  :cm:

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Every popular artist has some degree of payola involved. Her label saw potential in Sabrina and they invested in her, with great results it seems.

But Payola can only do so much, Sabrina wouldn't be smashing this hard if her music wasn't genuinely connecting with the GP. And she wouldn't be selling out an arena tour if she wasn't genuinely charismatic  :cm:

Well Espresso and Please Please Please are not particularly innovative songs and dont bring anything new, exciting or interesting on the table. They are simpl,y very radio friendly song composed to be simply liked and with such a good push and lot of promo they clicked.

Regarding the tour, as I said, it would be weird if she didn't sell out arena tour after 10 years and 6 albums in US.

Do we know what is the biggest arena she is about to play regarding the capacity?

17 hours ago, JC. said:

So I went to Ticketmaster and saw a lot of verified resale tickets, are those mostly scalpers? 

Yeah I'd say 70% of the tickets sold were scalpers which was annoying. I tried to get tickets to EVERY presale for my city and always immediately sold out and immediately put up for sale at 100-200% mark up's :rip: 

1 minute ago, mike_int said:

Well Espresso and Please Please Please are not particularly innovative songs and dont bring anything new, exciting or interesting on the table. They are simpl,y very radio friendly song composed to be simply liked and with such a good push and lot of promo they clicked.

And there's nothing wrong with that. She's a pop artist, she doesn't need to reinvent the wheel. She makes fun and GP friendly music and the GP is here for her and her music and that cannot be said about many other artists with the same amount of promo.

Regarding the tour, as I said, it would be weird if she didn't sell out arena tour after 10 years and 6 albums in US.

How so? There are many artists with long careers that cannot sell out a whole arena tour. Just a year ago Sabrina was touring theaters, this big of a jump is highly impressive.

Do we know what is the biggest arena she is about to play regarding the capacity?

Most of them are arenas, so around 20k capacity. But she could have easily sold out additional dates in every city, even in the smaller ones.

50 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

And there's nothing wrong with that. She's a pop artist, she doesn't need to reinvent the wheel. She makes fun and GP friendly music and the GP is here for her and her music and that cannot be said about many other artists with the same amount of promo.

How so? There are many artists with long careers that cannot sell out a whole arena tour. Just a year ago Sabrina was touring theaters, this big of a jump is highly impressive.

Most of them are arenas, so around 20k capacity. But she could have easily sold out additional dates in every city, even in the smaller ones.

It's definitely impressive but the Taylor erasure among Sabrina fans is super strange. The difference between touring theatres last year to arenas this year is, well, again, the Eras tour happened.  Sabrina was able to capitalize on it way better than her other peers who opened. 

She herself would probably thank Taylor for a lot of the current success. I don't understand why her fans refuse to even mention Taylor's name and act like this just happened out of nowhere. It's super bizarre. 

Edited by hawx23
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

38 minutes ago, hawx23 said:

It's definitely impressive but the Taylor erasure among Sabrina fans is super strange. The difference between touring theatres last year to arenas this year is, well, again, the Eras tour happened.  Sabrina was able to capitalize on it way better than her other peers who opened. 

She herself would probably thank Taylor for a lot of the current success. I don't understand why her fans refuse to even mention Taylor's name and act like this just happened out of nowhere. It's super bizarre. 

:pancake:This is right on the nose.  It was the opening for Taylor that got her here but now they are saying it's all just Sabrina.

• Thumbs Down 1

Sabrina leveraged the exposure Eras gave her.

If Sabrina didn't show herself to be great live performer and didn't release stellar singles, boost would have been much smaller.

Her break through is both due to her own work plus the exposure of eras

23 hours ago, Hexchromatica said:

I feel like you could have posted this in a less insufferable way but congrats to her 

Most of you are insufferable so it's fitting. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Distantconstellation said:

Most of you are insufferable so it's fitting. 

:rip:

tbh i am surprised myself but i am happy for her :clap3:

selling out arena, blocking racist on the spotify chart, we ******* cheer :weeps:

I find her quite captivating and she and her team are really hitting the mark with timing too. She's not overexposed, and there's genuine interest around her releases.

ATRL being out of touch with reality? Shocking.

Congrats to Sabrina for this massive achievement. :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.