Gaga couldn't reach Taylor's heights. Why?

Lagerfeld

As much as some people hate to admit it, it's due to her behavior.

She's an amazing artist and she has served but she's never adapted to the conventional behavioral norms.

You can think that's a good or a bad thing but it's true.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jay07

• selena_lavigne

• Feanor

• Headlock

20 hours ago, zuper said:

5. iconic outfits - check  (Junior Jewels, red lips, 22 T-Shirt, Grammy dress)

the way I screamed 

what the heck is this? which dress? junior jewels? who are they? 

red lips.. Marylin Monroe, sweety…

you literally proved with your message that Taylor has zero iconic looks/outfits

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, bringdanoize said:

the way I screamed 

you literally proved with your message that Taylor has zero iconic looks/outfits

"Iconic looks/outfits" are not necessary for an artist to be legendary in history.

53 minutes ago, bringdanoize said:

the way I screamed 

Sweety, you need to learn the difference between iconic and provocative. 

Here are some insights by people actually in the industry and who are not OTH ATRL user. 

https://www.vam.ac.uk/exhibitions/taylor-swift-songbook-trail

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/red-carpet-dresses/g43529150/taylor-swift-style-fashion-evolution/

https://www.businessinsider.com/taylor-swift-met-gala-looks-ranked?amp

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

41 minutes ago, zuper said:

Sweety, you need to learn the difference between iconic and provocative. 

I know the difference. iconic != provocative. JLo's Versace dress is the best example.

Does someone think red lips is a Taylor thing I'm screaming :ahh:

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Tropical said:

Does someone think red lips is a Taylor thing I'm screaming :ahh:

it low key is part of her signature look

"Iconic looks"... 

Taylor is the only white blonde woman working in the industry. What's more iconic than that?

Edited by Cleanromantic

20 hours ago, Jay07 said:

No beloved, my entire point is that streams are easily manipulated, especially if you have cultivated a young, parasocial fandom that only exists to stream playlists of your songs on loop. Streams have absolutely no correlation to the cultural standing of a song or Anti Hero would be a more iconic, remembered hit than Like a Prayer, it's that simple. 

And yet… you are using the streams of Shallow to prove it's a bigger hit :suburban:

7 hours ago, charot said:

I meant #1s this decade.

Anti-Hero? Debatable. In the US maybe but we all know Bloody Mary did blow up with the GP and ARUTW a song loved by the locals esp outside the USA. It's evident on the youtube views and they're not even proper/official singles. 

Reveal hidden contents

Bloody Mary's most viewed video has 456M views

ARUTW's official MV 551M, audio 260M + randoms 303M, 269M, 148M and lots of uploads with millions of views.

and the way the fan made remixes are on par with the views of Anti Hero Official MV with only 203M. 

ARUTW and BM views are lit on par with the biggest global smashes this decade like Watermelon Sugar, Driver's License, Good 4 U, Say So, WAP...

Taylor's hits scream local and fan driven. Her supposed hits don't translate to youtube views which is a good metric for global reach and popularity with the GP. The platform may have declined but the popularity of songs somehow reflects there like those global smashes I mentioned.

Bloody Mary being a bigger hit than Anti-Hero and Cruel Summer, I love this website :suburban:

• Haha 5

Gaga is a serious actress who started out in music, Taylor was in Cats and then returned to making music for yt girls from Connecticut. They are in different lanes and both doing very well. 

spacer.png

Edited by Slap
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Bloody Mary being a bigger hit than Anti-Hero and Cruel Summer, I love this website :suburban:

Is this the swifties first encounter with little monsters? :lmao:

On 7/3/2024 at 7:21 PM, By the Water said:

You can't build a career on gimmicks alone. If the music is bad, no amount of weird costumes will make people tune in

the irony :suburban:

anywaysss

spacer.png

Edited by Joaco95
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 305 said:

Delusional people trying so hard to question Taylor's impact never fails to make me laugh :dies:

you all really dont know what impact means 

• Haha 1

Gaga's impact on pop culture was bigger in 2009-2012 than Taylor's at her peak in the 2020s. Godga is known to win the long game mind you. :chick1:

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 7/4/2024 at 1:47 AM, OreGuy said:

what is Swift's impact? quickly.

Not swifties refusing to answer this question but instead they turn it around to their own advantage. I gotta applaud manipulation or at least the fact that they try! 

ot: Gaga stopped chasing the highs since artpop and she kind of sabotaged herself during that era because of how controlling her management was (similar to what happened to Taylor with Scooter). Let's remember Gaga's debut is not only one of the biggest albums of this century, but it's also one of the most impactful eras in history (there's no denying as much as you try), so the expectations from her were x10 higher than Taylor! Taylor really came back with midnights and even she didn't expect the response she got, and she only continued to rise from there. Not everyone has to be on the same level of Taylor's commercial success and that's okay, that doesn't define how great or successful of an artist you are! Stop undermining someone else by comparing to Taylor in 2024 when it's obvious she's the biggest commercial artist out there! It's so clear that swifties care more about success and numbers than music, impact and quality! That's why their fave never steps out of her comfort zone and replicates each era! 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2024 at 9:02 PM, Julia Fox said:

And still every era of her outdid all of her albums sans TF/TFM which is on par with units with 1989 so what's your point?

So this post contradicts this thread? Taylor has never had an era outdo TF/TFM, so Gaga has reached her highs and surpassed them. The thread needs to be retitled: Why has Taylor Swift not reached the highs of TF/TFM at her peak? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 hours ago, 305 said:

Delusional people trying so hard to question Taylor's impact never fails to make me laugh :dies:

Other than commercial impact, there's nothing else you can come back with as arguments! Even then, it's not like her success benefits the overall industry whatsoever, the artists still struggle same as before. Impact comes with change and you can't tell me Taylor has changed anything. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Headlock said:

I think that user meant songs like "Fortnight" or "Is It Over Now". They went #1 but Bloody Mary is arguably more famous. 

3 hours ago, Anthropocene said:

Gaga's impact on pop culture was bigger in 2009-2012 than Taylor's at her peak in the 2020s. Godga is known to win the long game mind you. :chick1:

I don't get how certain users undermine this. A Gaga-like impact in (Taylor's Version) would be if veteran acts and newcomers whether they were pop or rock or rap or dance incorporated a guitar and Taylor-esque songwriting and all worked with Jack Antanoff. That's what Gaga did when newcomers and older acts started flocking to RedOne for hits and started wearing weird outfits. That's Gaga's peak era. It died down fast but it was there. Sure we have come to have Olivia Rodrigo but that's where it ends because even Sabrina Carpenter isn't Taylor-coded enough to count. That's how huge Gaga's pop culture impact was and Taylor hasn't reached that. 

Edited by Doctor Dick
  • Thanks 1

One is an creative, boundary pushing artist that can be polarizing due to middle America's lack of taste
and the other thinks spelling is fun

• Like 1

i keep forget ga has been banned in china and there is the most consumed music in asia for the swift girl. now do the math and who's their support

ECky7cg.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.