Top Posters In This Topic

• okgo

• Dark Miracles

• GiulioLIFESTYLE

• Frozen99

3 hours ago, Dark Miracles said:

I love Ojitos Lindos so much :cries:

She did Talk About, but none of the original TSI songs

Idgaf what any of yall say but Parking Lot and Waiting For The Night are ******* bops

8 hours ago, the70s said:

Is this coming out this year? 

Allegedly 

10 hours ago, okgo said:

I wonder this too, do any of her fans here know if shes signed to a major again?

I kind of hope that she stays independent. Less interference and more freedom and guarantees are more secured that way. She can negotiate then afterwards with labels. 

Allie X, Jessie Reyez, Ruth B are people that I'd love for to write songs with and or for her

Don't know what are the odds of her working with fellow Canadian babes like Charlotte Cardin, Lights, Kieza, Grimes, Tate McRae, Alessia Cara, Carly Rae Jepsen hell if Avril Lavigne can give Nelly her Breakaway that would be great too lol

• Like 1

Even the pop icon's past super-producer is a fan. "She actually messaged me this morning, saying she showed Timbaland Eat Your Man and he loves it!" Matheson flexes.

https://themusic.com.au/features/dom-dolla-interview/m7Ihj46xsLM/29-06-23

I guess she could've just sent him the link lol but I kinda see this as indication they must be actively working together again, it'd be weird if not considering how Loose's Tik Tok revival seems to be a huge impulse behind her right now?

Edited by okgo

3 hours ago, okgo said:

I guess she could've just sent him the link lol but I kinda see this as indication they must be actively working together again, it'd be weird if not considering how Loose's Tik Tok revival seems to be a huge impulse behind her right now?

Wow so she might actually be linking up with Timbo again

7 hours ago, okgo said:

cool to know, happy to see they're still in contact whatsoever

Furtado plays two tracks from what will be her seventh studio album; her sixth, The Ride, came out in 2017. First, there’s the party-ready “Showstopper,” which nods melodically to Furtado’s 2006 hit “Promiscuous”; and then “Corazón,” another uptempo dance track, but this one sung in both English and Spanish. “The essence of the song is that we’re just out here living and trying to do our best,” Furtado says. It’s a club anthem in the making, sure (among its lyrics: “We lose control—that’s how we are”), but its meaning is clearly much deeper for Furtado. “Even when we make mistakes, it’s coming from the heart,” she continues. “When it comes from the heart, it’s never a mistake.”

Let’s talk about the new music that you have on the horizon. You have an album in the works! What can we expect?

I worked on it a lot in Toronto; I’d just bring a bunch of people to the studio, and we’d jam till like 8 a.m. I have another song coming out this summer. It’s featuring Bomba Estério; it’s in Spanish and English. And I have a lot of other stuff that’s almost finished. I’m in the mixing phase right now. I’ve been working with a lot of really interesting females. I have a track with WondaGurl that I really love, and I have a really beautiful song with Charlotte Day Wilson. I worked with a lot of young new talent, too. There’s this young songwriter named Charmie that has been writing with me.

Would you ever work with Timbaland again? 

Yeah! We have plans, for sure. It’s kind of funny because everyone I’m working with on my new stuff is a big fan of his—like T-Minus, who produced my new track. I actually talked to Timbaland recently, and we had this amazing two-hour FaceTime call. We were talking about when we made Loose, and getting into all these stories. He told me he loved how I sounded on “Eat Your Man.” It was nice to have his blessing on the new stuff, because Dom [Dolla]’s a really big fan of his as well. 

I love that your new song with Bomba Estéreo has Spanish in it. You’ve always been proud of your Portuguese heritage: why has that been important to you and your sound?

It was very natural. This song came out of this reawakening of self and community, after having met these beautiful Colombian goddesses who are kicking ass in the music world. It was important for me to remember who I am. I needed that boost of confidence. 

Where did you record the song?

It was actually recorded in three different cities. Bomba Estéreo had a sold-out concert in Toronto, so I flew back from L.A. that day and made it to the show just in time. Afterwards. I was like, “Li, you have to come to the studio and record a verse on this track I did—and I want the whole band to come.” I got the whole band into an Uber with all their instruments—Colombian flutes, drums, and guitars. The big Uber didn’t come in time, so I stuffed them into a Suburu or something. We get to the studio, and I got tequila and chicken wings for everyone, and we just did it. About a month later, Li then recut her verse in New York City, and T-Minuis and I finished it in L.A. It was such a labor of love.  

We can’t wait to see what you wear in your new videos! What will you be up to in the meantime, for the rest of the summer?

Not to quote my own lyrics, but I’ll be “a supermodel and mommy—si mami.” The summer will be pretty busy! We just went to Mexico for the Machaca festival. It was my first show in Mexico in a long time; I was super excited to sing some of my Spanish material. Then we have a couple more shows in the summer, and I’ll make some appearances with Dom Dolla. And I’ll have more music coming out. It’s all lined up!

full interview: https://www.vogue.com/article/nelly-furtado-new-music-comeback

so is this the Bomba Estereo song? 

4 hours ago, okgo said:

First, there’s the party-ready “Showstopper,” which nods melodically to Furtado’s 2006 hit “Promiscuous”;

OMG I need it now :jonny5:

2 hours ago, okgo said:

is Showstopper one of the other songs you heard @s1974181? if so which one is your fave :mandown:

yeah ive heard it, she made it last year but its not fully finished yet as far as i know, it's 95% sung in english - but i must be deaf because i dont hear the promiscuous nod lol, but its probably something subtle in the instrumental i guess

i'm not sure i'd call it party ready thou - the verses are pretty slow and while the chorus has her singing over a dance break, thats pretty slow too, slightly slower tempo than the promiscuous chorus for example

Corazon is much better for sure, but that is fully finished, mixed and mastered ready to go, to be fair

she also has another single ready to go - not a danceable track like corazon, i'm not very good at describing music so apologies lol, but i'd say kinda verging on r&b, midtempo, also has a male feature (but again i dont know who it is lol sorry, not listed)

there's also another realllllllllllllllllly good uptemo danceable song coming in the future called Stay Up, it's sung in both english and spanish, would not hesitate to say it could be a hit tbh (you know those kind of dance songs that have a softly sung pre chorus over a minimal instrumental that builds up and the chorus cuts in with a loud thumping dance beat (that she sings over)? its one of those and its amazing)

like i said there's a lot of material and i havent even listened to it all to give a complete opinion but there's a rly good uptempo synth bop being worked on with banx & ranx at the moment as well (and a great collab with sg lewis too)

sorry kinda rambling lollll

but i promise this: nelly furtado fans have a lot to look forward to

Edited by s1974181
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, s1974181 said:

yeah ive heard it, she made it last year but its not fully finished yet as far as i know, it's 95% sung in english - but i must be deaf because i dont hear the promiscuous nod lol, but its probably something subtle in the instrumental i guess

i'm not sure i'd call it party ready thou - the verses are pretty slow and while the chorus has her singing over a dance break, thats pretty slow too, slightly slower tempo than the promiscuous chorus for example

Corazon is much better for sure, but that is fully finished, mixed and mastered ready to go, to be fair

she also has another single ready to go - not a danceable track like corazon, i'm not very good at describing music so apologies lol, but i'd say kinda verging on r&b, midtempo, also has a male feature (but again i dont know who it is lol sorry, not listed)

there's also another realllllllllllllllllly good uptemo danceable song coming in the future called Stay Up, it's sung in both english and spanish, would not hesitate to say it could be a hit tbh (you know those kind of dance songs that have a softly sung pre chorus over a minimal instrumental that builds up and the chorus cuts in with a loud thumping dance beat (that she sings over)? its one of those and its amazing)

like i said there's a lot of material and i havent even listened to it all to give a complete opinion but there's a rly good uptempo synth bop being worked on with banx & ranx at the moment as well (and a great collab with sg lewis too)

thanks for the tea :duca: everything sounds so exciting! hope she gets a well planned rollout and we get the full project as she's envisioning it asap

40 minutes ago, s1974181 said:

So she’s really going Latina this next era. Thought it’d be just one song. She better get some collabs just Spanglish songs don’t really do that anymore well. 

she needs to release a single already, she's wasting her comeback hype (that atrocious eat your man doesnt count)

I think Eat Your Man is actually putting her name back out there quite nicely in the dance circuit (which is great considering theyve been responsible for the most mainstream attention shes received in the last few yrs). but regardless, unless something randomly catches on/goes super viral or she has a truly huge feature thats impossible to avoid (and I'd say both of those situations are very unlikely or at least things we can't count on with certainty) we cant rly be expecting her to smash at all, I'm just glad she seems totally into it/being a superstar again and we might just get another fully fledged era

Edited by okgo

Do we have a Nelly Furtado base? I guess this is the perfect time for us to rejoin. 

I consider myself a Nelly stan and I'm ready to proudly wear my badge again :WAP:

8 hours ago, s1974181 said:

Thanks for all this tea! Do you know when we can expect her to release any of these songs?

• Like 1

On 7/8/2023 at 12:41 AM, s1974181 said:

a lot of boiling hot tea, but I need to know if Rick Nowels is involved or not , so pls check the songwriting credits :eli:

(he can also be involved in production)

Edited by karma police

nelly, c'mon !

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Dark Miracles said:

Looks like it was registered?

Does it mean it’s going to be released soon? I’ve been waiting for this since the day she performed a snippet of it

On 7/19/2023 at 6:28 PM, Frozen99 said:

nelly, c'mon !

me to me 3 months ago

Hey Queen! Girl, have the Swifties done it again? - Base - ATRL

• Haha 1

Esta es la canción que más me emociona de su comeback... 

We need it... NOW

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.