• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Julianna Calm Down

• QuanticXplosion

• k4rmabutterfly

• Tm4074

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelly Clarkson wins this one. I love Xtina but you just can't compared cookies and lubes salesperson to a singer-millionaire-tv host and entrepreneur Kelly Clarkson. :bird:

Edited by leyaris11
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

None. I say Kelly Rowland has a bigger career than both.

Maybe stupidity is a blessing in your case.

That being said, easily Xtina, both in the US and internationally. 

2 minutes ago, Sharamee6 said:

None. I say Kelly Rowland has a bigger career than both.

Maybe stupidity is a blessing in your case.

That being said, easily Xtina, both in the US and internationally. 

When did Xtina had a peak in BB100 Charts? 2013? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kellebrity98 said:

Nope, her peak on Hot 100 is in 2000 with her debut album, like 24 years ago. tumblr_oxsvtiflJH1qahndoo1_r1_400.gif

4 minutes ago, kellebrity98 said:

When did Cher have a peak on the Hot 100? Does that make her less legendary? or gives us the right to degrade her and underestimate her career? You do realize that the joke's on you by saying such illogical and childish things.

Christina doesn't need a recent hit on the charts to uplift how big she was at some point in her career. Fact remains she was bigger at her peak, internationally, than Kelly ever was. I love Kelly and I'm a fan of both, but it is what it is. Get over it. Next.

Edited by Sharamee6
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

If Kelly didn't have the legendary hit single Breakaway (thank you Avril) then I would say Xtina but she does, so Kelly. 

• Like 3

Britney Spears

Christina Aguilera

Jessica Simpson

Mandy Moore

Willa Ford

Kelly Clarkson

kellyclarkson.gif.8d86709ef8b36019e02878

Edited by Reginald
  • Haha 1

Avril and Pink are selling out arenas, Kelly has her talkshow and Kellyoke which often go viral, Gwen just headlined coachella, what exactly is xtina doing? I haven't heard from her in decades.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

Avril and Pink are selling out arenas, Kelly has her talkshow and Kellyoke which often go viral, Gwen just headlined coachella, what exactly is xtina doing? I haven't heard from her in decades.  

:deadbanana2:

• Haha 2

Kelly's hits are more remembered and stood the test of time better. Kelly also diversified her career beyond music with her talk show and other hosting opportunities so she has that going for her. She will always maintain some type of mainstream relevancy based off that.  Xtina is way more influential in music though since she has certain quirks/attributes specific to her. Kelly really doesn't have a solid artistic identity beyond being a proficient technical vocalist that can sing really well. Idk I would say they are about equal all things considered. I think Xtina has a legacy in music though and Kelly is a bigger celebrity/entertainer in general (currently). Depends what you consider what having a  "bigger career" means. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

My girl Brianne wins this biscuit race. Xtina ended her vocal cords with all that screeching and her career with that godawful ASSeleRAT.

200.gif?cid=a595bef3n7h8l8ezlialgdibyw35

Edited by Julianna Calm Down
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Tm4074 said:

Kelly's hits are more remembered and stood the test of time better. Kelly also diversified her career beyond music with her talk show and other hosting opportunities so she has that going for her. She will always maintain some type of mainstream relevancy based off that.  Xtina is way more influential in music though since she has certain quirks/attributes specific to her. Kelly really doesn't have a solid artistic identity beyond being a proficient technical vocalist that can sing really well. Idk I would say they are about equal all things considered. I think Xtina has a legacy in music though and Kelly is a bigger celebrity/entertainer in general (currently). Depends what you consider what having a  "bigger career" means. 

I think Kelly's identity is "America's Sweetheart".  everyone loves her and her girl next door vibes and lovable personality. When I think of role models that represent America, I think Kelly.

• Like 2

Kelly. Other than random gigs here and there, what is Xtina doing these days?

• Like 3

this one's difficult, I'd say Xtina since I'm from a Latin American country but Kelly's presence on social media feels stronger idk

• Like 1

Just now, Raphy23 said:

I think Kelly's identity is "America's Sweetheart".  everyone loves her and her girl next door vibes and lovable personality. When I think of role models that represent America, I think Kelly.

I agree, but that doesn't translate to her having an artistic identity though. As a celebrity and cultural figure yes she has an identity but unlike Xtina there aren't any specific attributes that make her music and sound specific to her. I couldn't point out any specifics that make a Kelly Clarkson song a Kelly Clarkson song. Great vocals? Absolutely. But so do many of these talent show singers. Kelly's versatility kind of plays against her here. She does several genres very well but doesn't maintain a specific sound to her as an artist. She went from pop/rock to r&b/soul ballads to soccer mom generic AC music. She doesn't have an identifiable vocal tone or characteristics that make someone say oh this is a Kelly Clarkson song. Xtina has that, for better or worse lol. Also the reason why Kelly Clarkson haters/stans don't really exist to the same degree we see from others. She is so inoffensive because there is nothing to really hate/love about her enough to create that intense reaction from the pubic. Probably why she excels in her current job as a host. She's perfect for that gig. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tm4074 said:

I agree, but that doesn't translate to her having an artistic identity though. As a celebrity and cultural figure yes she has an identity but unlike Xtina there aren't any specific attributes that make her music and sound specific to her. I couldn't point out any specifics that make a Kelly Clarkson song a Kelly Clarkson song. Great vocals? Absolutely. But so do many of these talent show singers. Kelly's versatility kind of plays against her here. She does several genres very well but doesn't maintain a specific sound to her as an artist. She went from pop/rock to r&b/soul ballads to soccer mom generic AC music. She doesn't have an identifiable vocal tone or characteristics that make someone say oh this is a Kelly Clarkson song. Xtina has that, for better or worse lol. Also the reason why Kelly Clarkson haters/stans don't really exist to the same degree we see from others. She is so inoffensive because there is nothing to really hate/love about her enough to create that intense reaction from the pubic. Probably why she excels in her current job as a host. She's perfect for that gig. 

Umkhay, slightly unfair analysis I would argue. Kelly is known for

being a singer, a vocalist which, like many other excellent singers through the years (Aretha, Whitney, Mariah, Celine) is an identity and a lane in and of it self. It's just that the musical landscape has changed that we value spectacle over pure vocal ability. Also, I would say Kelly helped mould and pioneer the pop/rock era together with her peers, such as Avril and P!nk. Breakaway as a record was a defining pop culture moment and landmark and was a defining part of the music scene in the early 2000's. That is legacy and identity, which you seem to oversee. Also, your argument is that Kelly is bland, neither anything to love or dislike. I would say Kelly is treasured and loved for being honest and just very normal. There is no act or persona. She is the same person on screen, on stage or walking down the street. This I think is what people appreciate and value with Kelly, and that not many other artists, pop starts or celebrities in general possess. 

• Like 3

Kelly. She has an amazing reputation and goes viral for her amazing (and not always screamy) vocals.

Since U Been Gone and Because of You are still massively remembered smashes.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Julianna Calm Down said:

Umkhay, slightly unfair analysis I would argue. Kelly is known for

being a singer, a vocalist which, like many other excellent singers through the years (Aretha, Whitney, Mariah, Celine) is an identity and a lane in and of it self. It's just that the musical landscape has changed that we value spectacle over pure vocal ability. Also, I would say Kelly helped mould and pioneer the pop/rock era together with her peers, such as Avril and P!nk. Breakaway as a record was a defining pop culture moment and landmark and was a defining part of the music scene in the early 2000's. That is legacy and identity, which you seem to oversee. Also, your argument is that Kelly is bland, neither anything to love or dislike. I would say Kelly is treasured and loved for being honest and just very normal. There is no act or persona. She is the same person on screen, on stage or walking down the street. This I think is what people appreciate and value with Kelly, and that not many other artists, pop starts or celebrities in general possess. 

I love everything you said about Kelly and it really rings true and makes her arguably easier to like than Xtina. But still I think that analysis is quite fair when it comes to her sound and music career. I think of Kelly and I don't know if she's a Pop/Rock artist as in Breakaway and My December, a more Soul oriented singer as in Thankful or Meaning of Life, a pop artist as in All I Ever Wanted and Piece by Piece... Even she has stepped into Country a little bit but not many people know that, I guess. What makes a Kelly song a Kelly song? Xtina's vocal delivery is very unique and people impersonate her all the time... Her outfits, her quotes, her actions... threads are being made about her every single day here. She feels bigger to me, but then again I'm from a Spanish speaking country.

Edited by ChooseyLover

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.