Bigger Career? Miley Cyrus vs Christina Aguilera.

leyaris11

Who has a bigger career?   

133 members have voted

1. 1. Who has a bigger career?

• The Pa Mis Muchachas's songstress
    • The Flowers's chanteuse

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/04/2024 at 05:42 PM

12 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Miley eventhough Christina had a respectful run from 1999 to 2000:heart:

Her short-term debut is cute as a Britney's clone. :heart:

16 minutes ago, ChooseyLover said:

Are you telling me Wrecking Ball or We Can't Stop are more remembered than Beautiful or Dirrty?

Yes. Not mention about low streams stats, it just nobody remembered about that song. 

dgsg-Strms-Gsgsbsstr-B-6sh-Christin-A.jp

3 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Wrecking Ball: 375k streams daily (Total : 937M)

We Can't Stop: 285k streams daily (Total : 976M)

Beautiful : 88k daily (Total : 325M)

Dirrrty : 70k daily (Total : 230M)

5 minutes ago, visions said:

Spotify daily streams:

Wrecking Ball - 374,899

We Can't Stop - 285,798

Beautiful - 88,448

Dirrty - 70,423

So in terms of them actually being listened to… yeah. 

Anyway, Miley in almost every fathomable way! 

GvBlvy.gif

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChooseyLover

• leyaris11

• Erreur2 La Nature

• CottageHore

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, leyaris11 said:

Her short-term debut is cute as a Britney's clone. :heart:

Yes. Not mention about low streams stats, it just nobody remembered about that song.

I mean, it's cute that you believe that.

• Haha 1

I guess Justin Bieber also had a bigger career than Stevie Wonder.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, ChooseyLover said:

I mean, it's cute that you believe that.

5 minutes ago, ChooseyLover said:

You and @visions are comparing songs that were released 23 years ago during the physical era to songs that were released at the peak of the streaming era. Let's see if Wrecking Ball or We Can't Stop can pull off those numbers in 12 years. :michael: You don't like Christina, it's fine, but Beautiful is a very impactful song that stil gets sung in talent shows everywhere and it has a powerful message that has reached generations. And some stupid streaming stats are not going to change that. Can we stop pretending Spotify is this big receipt of success or cultural impact? SZA performed to an empty Glastonbury while Avril and Sugababes filled it out with ease. Now compare their listeners on Spotify.

You loved Xtina and that's fine. 

Stop embarrassed yourself, take the:heart: and leave babe. 

It's hard to say. But both ladies have had great careers. :clap3:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChooseyLover said:

23 years ago during the physical era to songs that were released at the peak of the streaming era

2013 is not the peak of the streaming era. Do you think those songs were debuting with millions of streams on their first day? Comparing songs released from 2013 to songs released a decade before isn't as different as you'd think, there are songs from the 90s pulling millions of streams.

I actually love Beautiful and Dirrty and think they deserve more streams but they just aren't as remembered as they should be. 

• Like 1

You and @visions are comparing songs that were released 23 years ago during the physical era to songs that were released at the peak of the streaming era. Let's see if Wrecking Ball or We Can't Stop can pull off those numbers in 12 years. :michael: You don't like Christina, it's fine, but Beautiful is a very impactful song that stil gets sung in talent shows everywhere and it has a powerful message that has reached generations. And some stupid streaming stats are not going to change that. Can we stop pretending Spotify is this big receipt of success or cultural impact? SZA performed to an empty Glastonbury while Avril and Sugababes filled it out with ease. Now compare their listeners on Spotify.

Firstly, I do not dislike Christina lol. I dislike her fanbase.

Secondly, there are many old classics (even older than Beautiful and Dirrty) than are performing much much better than Wrecking Ball and WCS. For example, BOMT (1998) is receiving 925k streams a day. Avril's Complicated is receiveing 925k too. Beyoncé's CIL (2003) is getting 1M. There are obviously many more but pretending that these Miley songs are only performing better than Beautiful and Dirrty because they're not as old is a little dumb. Christina does not have a single song getting more streams than WB sis.

And that does not mean Beautiful did not have an impact. Just that people don't use these two songs in year 2024.

5 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

same here actually, christina is harmless but her fanbase is very unlikable 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, shyboi said:

the PITUSA chanteuse by far :clap3:

Omg... Where have you been in the past few day sis, I missed you. :chick3: 

And you're missing out a new wave of Xtina stan dupe accounts. tumblr_oxsvtiflJH1qahndoo1_r1_400.gif

Edited by leyaris11
  • Like 2

Just now, leyaris11 said:

Omg... Where have you been in the past few day sis, I missed you. :chick3: 

And you're missing a new wave of Xtina stan dupe accounts. tumblr_oxsvtiflJH1qahndoo1_r1_400.gif

i'm back bestie, already spotted like 3 or 4 dupes without even trying

bless their souls 

tumblr_oxsvtiflJH1qahndoo1_r1_400.gif

• Like 1

Legend X really triggers lots of people without even doing anything

OT: Miley, but they're both happy, rich & successful. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

Even Hannah Montana had a bigger career than Xtinct Aguilera.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Secondly, there are many old classics (even older than Beautiful and Dirrty) than are performing much much better than Wrecking Ball and WCS. For example, BOMT (1998) is receiving 925k streams a day. Avril's Complicated is receiveing 925k too. Beyoncé's CIL (2003) is getting 1M. There are obviously many more but pretending that these Miley songs are only performing better than Beautiful and Dirrty because they're not as old is a little dumb. Christina does not have a single song getting more streams than WB sis.

And that does not mean Beautiful did not have an impact. Just that people don't use these two songs in year 2024.

I mean, I'm not that deep into these stan conversations so my idea of success may differ from you all's, and honestly all these Spotify receipts are a bit absurd to me so yeah... In my eyes Spotify numbers don't determine success at a big scale because that would mean so many legendary singers are worthless or people "don't use" their music. Maybe Christina's music doesn't have the same appeal these other songs you mentioned have to younger generations, and I'll give that to you and the Xtina hater that started the thread, but that doesn't mean it wasn't huge back in the day or didn't leave its mark or is less than. Honestly I'm open to these conversations and I think we should discuss what this Spotify data really means because I'm having a hard time accepting what you're saying. I understand it but it doesn't feel real or completely accurate to me idk?

Edited by ChooseyLover
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Xtina had bigger heights aka her debut and Stripped but then she declined so badly and never got up and while Miley is very inconsistent, she's done quite decently this decade, she's gotten more acclaimed and basically got the biggest hit of her career, 15 years into it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChooseyLover said:

I mean, I'm not that deep into these stan conversations so my idea of success may differ from you all's, and honestly all these Spotify receipts are a bit absurd to me so yeah... In my eyes Spotify numbers don't determine success at a big scale because that would mean so many legendary singers are worthless or people "don't use" their music. Maybe Christina's music doesn't have the same appeal these other songs you mentioned have to younger generations, and I'll give that to you and the Xtina hater that started the thread, but that doesn't mean it wasn't huge back in the day or didn't leave its mark or is less than. Honestly I'm open to these conversations and I think we should discuss what this Spotify data really means because I'm having a hard time accepting what you're saying. I understand it but it doesn't feel real or completely accurate to me idk?

I mostly agree with you.

Spotify is mainly used by a young demographic so of course older artists' songs are not always doing good on Spotify as their base of listeners are older. And yes, current streams are not necessarily representative of old songs' success/fame/impact. To be fair it mainly shows who's relevant or not these days.

That said, Christina's streams are far behind all of her peers' but it does not mean songs like Genie or Beautiful weren't important. They were.

• Like 1

Miley sweetie I'm so sorry they would even compare you to Xtinct :rip: 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ChooseyLover said:

Christina is not a legend she barely lasted 3 albums before she started tanking. She hasn't even had a song chart for over 10 years & even that she had to hop on someone else's song :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pink Whitney said:

Christina is not a legend she barely lasted 3 albums before she started tanking. She hasn't even had a song chart for over 10 years & even that she had to hop on someone else's song :deadbanana4:

Sure she's a washed up nobody that surely had no impact on Miley as an artist. Basically a slightly more successful Willa Ford.

• Haha 1

idk if I'm too zillenial so maybe I'm ignorant. but was xtina's career ever really that big? Like if I had to rank from my perspective alone

1. Miley

2. Pink

3. Avril

4. Gwen

5. Kelly

OUT. xtina/Fergie/Nelly

• Like 2

Just now, ChooseyLover said:

Basically a slightly more successful Willa Ford.

NOT the "I Wanna Be Bad" chanteuse catching stray shade! spacer.png

dopeslvt.gif

• Haha 1

Miley by far tbh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reginald said:

NOT the "I Wanna Be Bad" chanteuse catching stray shade! spacer.png

dopeslvt.gif

The way I love them both ctfu. spacer.pngAnd Miley is cute as well, people are taking this too seriously but this is not a stan fight to me, I'd really like to understand their point of view and how Miley is bigger than Xtina overall. I wouldn't mind being proven wrong nor I'd be embarrased tbh!

• Like 1

Miley. Her Hannah Montana to Miley Cyrus transition was unique for a Disney Channel star.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChooseyLover said:

Are you telling me Wrecking Ball or We Can't Stop are more remembered than Beautiful or Dirrty? Maybe compare Bangerz era to ARTPOP era but Stripped is in a way different league in every aspect: commercial success, cultural impact, influence in other artists, even critical acclaim.

When you put it like that, yeah Wrecking Ball is definitely more remembered! :rip:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.