New York Times: Biden tells key ally he may not stay in 2024 election

jakeisphat

7 hours ago, Mordecai said:

I'm not American so I haven't been following this as closely as others but wouldn't almost any other candidate be better than Biden, even Kamala? He's irredeemable at this point and even though it's probably too little too late for another candidate to gain enough momentum, at least they'd have a chance. This man inspires confidence in nobody

Yes, most dem candidates are better than him atp

7 hours ago, Rep2000 said:

Trump is never getting off that presidency ever again :rip:

Girl… 

:suburban:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ForgottenSoul

• GraceRandolph

• ZeroSuitBritney

• nadiamendell

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly, what's so wrong with a Harris/Newsom ticket?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lustforyou said:

I know I'm just a microscopic test study lol, but I'm in my mid 20s, live in a pretty big liberal city, have an active social life, and am semi politically involved. I don't seek it out ever, but I watched the debates, I scan major news publications every couple days, etc. 

I have zero idea who either of those people are, and I guarantee none of my friends (all college educated) do either. If I don't know them, I guarantee not nearly enough people do, and there's not enough time to build steam behind them 

Again, I'm not saying I'm some hugely involved person at all, rather the opposite, but I'm still much more involved and aware than the average voter, sadly

I think someone a bit unknown is better then someone that is disliked but who knows. Whitmer is governor of Michigan which is close this election. 

The fact that its close but she easily won her seat by like 11% says a lot. 

Edited by ForgottenSoul
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, spree said:

honestly, what's so wrong with a Harris/Newsom ticket?

Harris has worse favourability than Trump and Newsom doesn't help win any areas. I think Whitmer can help win MI which Trump is now predicted to win and help in close seats. 

18 minutes ago, ForgottenSoul said:

Harris has worse favourability than Trump and Newsom doesn't help win any areas. I think Whitmer can help win MI which Trump is now predicted to win and help in close seats. 

yea but not two women on a ticket.  That'll never work.  Kamala is the choice, but her pick of VP has to be a man.  Let's be realistic.  Gavin may have his flaws, but he's sharp af and knows what he's talking about for the most part.  He tore apart Ron DeSantis.  He can tear apart whoever is Trump's VP. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, spree said:

yea but not two women on a ticket.  That'll never work.  Kamala is the choice, but her pick of VP has to be a man.  Let's be realistic.  Gavin may have his flaws, but he's sharp af and knows what he's talking about for the most part.  He tore apart Ron DeSantis.  He can tear apart whoever is Trump's VP. 

I think the best bet is Whitmer+ Newsom or Pete.  

I'm not sure if Newsom would be good, he might excite democrats but would he help in swing states? Im not sure is a lot of stuff not blamed on Cali for their issues? 

Edited by ForgottenSoul

Anyone would have a better chance than him. He's a guaranteed loss at the moment. It can't really get worse

what if he does all 3 debates with trump and then decides to withdraw? will Kamla have to debate trump 3 times again?

The US is such a **** show, honestly it's fallen just like the British empire. We are entering a new era of 21st Century history. Another Trump presidency would be the US shooting itself in the foot. 

As somebody outside the US, growing up, the US seemed like the pinnacle of civilization and culture. Now it's just a cesspool of people who can afford guns but not healthcare. Theres so many amazing people and cultures in the US it's such a shame for it to have gone this way. 

Edited by Slap
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.