• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ForgottenSoul

• GraceRandolph

• ZeroSuitBritney

• nadiamendell

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator

writing's on the wall and waiting till 2024 to finally read it :redface: democrat party barely has any other options but it's two old ass men running so it's all about perception

1 minute ago, Jotham said:

I cannot think of a replacement who could do better than him tbh. The closest one I can think of is Gavin Newsom but Republicans will probably spread the French Laundry story nonstop if he's the candidate.

Anyone that can speak an entire coherent sentence A to Z could do better than him

59 minutes ago, Duanielipa said:

Why are people so apprehensive about having Kamala as the nominee? I'm not from the US but she seems so much more regular and scandal-free compared to Trump and Biden. With how polarised America is now surely someone as normal as her would be the better option. Biden should've never even attempted to run for the second term at 82 years old, just retire please :rip:.

There's two schools of thought. 

There's the older beltway punditry that claims the average swing voter is a moderate Republican who won't vote for Kamala after Biden's camp trashed her run as VP and undermined her into a joke all term, let alone some people being genuinely racist and won't vote for her as a black woman. 

Then there's leftists and Bernie 2016+2020 people who are kind of on board out of desperation and lolz and who think she has a chance but does genuinely need to still run a compelling PROGRESSIVE campaign and remember when her run for president in 2020 collapsed when she gave up winning progressives and tried to ride the middle and it failed. She does have some skeletons in her closet from the days as the Attorney General of California (her previous statements from the early 00s that drug use is not a victimless crime is more concerning to me than gossip she ****** a married Willie Brown).

I trust her more as a cynical politican who seems to reluctantly play the game despite having personal views that sway more progressive than genuine conservatives like Biden or sociopaths who enjoy playing the DC game of politics in a Clintonian way like Buttigieg or Newsome 

Kamala would have to face overcoming Joe's mess in Gaza and dampened spirits of a Dem base sad over the economy, etc.

Biden has to convince people he doesn't need someone to hold his groin to help him pee in the morning and that he knows what year it is. 

Edited by Communion
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

They should've throught this out way sooner, the elections are basically around the corner.

4 minutes ago, Jotham said:

Apparently the original "source" for NYT is a former DNC staffer who retired after Trump got elected. :toofunny3:

D6iqQdiUIAIGIuk.jpg

4 minutes ago, Communion said:

Biden has to convince people he doesn't need someone to hold his groin to help him pee in the morning and that he knows what year it is. 

:dies:

DC / White House / Congress all turning into hospice care :deadbanana: we need AGE CAPS asap. no one over 65 should be making historic decisions and toying with the futures of Gen Z, Gen Alpha and beyond.

1 hour ago, Cruel Summer said:

Kamala performed rather poorly in the 2020 primaries and isn't particularly popular, especially with some of the key demographics where Biden is weaker than he needs to be like young voters. I think people have serious concerns that she would be able to inspire the kind of confidence that would lead to a clear polling lead and healthy turnout.

The bigger problem is, of course, that there's no other realistic alternative anyway, including potentially Biden himself at this point.

1 hour ago, Mike91 said:

If the replacement is Kamala though, he might as well stay in. She would preform even worse.

Only people I can see getting the nomination and being able to get the country behind them is Gretchen Whitmer or Josh Shapiro. They come from important swing states. They're not my preferred candidates but my preferred candidates ain't ever getting the nomination anytime soon so...

52 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

She is very unpopular and has made some questionable choices during her time as DA and AG in California, add to the fact that she is a WOC and this country is still deeply rooted in misogyny and racism. Ultimately she would be a better candidate than Biden and a better choice than Trump but it's going to be difficult to get those swing states on her side

Feels important to highlight though that Kamala couldn't catch momentum in the primary as opposed to building up negative opposition. She was more so absent due to not being more compelling than Sanders.

Before Sanders entered the race, Kamala had usurped a lot of *progressive* goodwill and hype people thought would make its way to Warren.

There were things like black voters negatively responding to stories of Buttigieg doing gentrification or young people adverse to Klobuchar boasting she was a proud centrist.

The Copmala stuff happened but largely as an online thing and after polls showed she really wasn't pulling in meaningful support. She had banked on consolidating black voters yet older black voters swayed to Joe and younger black voters very much swayed to Bernie and left candidates like her and Booker who hoped to springboard off of black support to make their electability case as kind of aimless. She was the first casualty of the reality that the schism within the party and primary was never race based but centered around age of voters (not candidates given the oldest candidate commanded near universal control of young voters).

Edited by Communion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

She is very unpopular and has made some questionable choices during her time as DA and AG in California, add to the fact that she is a WOC and this country is still deeply rooted in misogyny and racism. Ultimately she would be a better candidate than Biden and a better choice than Trump but it's going to be difficult to get those swing states on her side

I feel like the biggest issue for Kamala is that she's known for running dysfunctional offices and campaigns. Her record would be easier to defend if her team wasn't full of idiots. 

Everyone knew questions about her prosecutorial history were coming and they had no answer.

Everyone knew she'd be asked about her pivot away from Medicare For All and she had no answer.

She made her national name coming after people in hearings and I think that convinced a lot of people she's good at communication broadly, but she and her team suck at playing defense.

34 minutes ago, QueenB said:

yes, Biden who is too old, should be replaced by an even older Bernie 

The issue isn't his age, the issue is his physical and cognitive decline. Which Bernie doesn't seem to be having an issue with.

• Thanks 2

If Biden drops out, Kamala is going to have to take his place. I just don't see any way around this.

The question is, who would/should she choose has her running mate? 

47 minutes ago, Jotham said:

Apparently the original "source" for NYT is a former DNC staffer who retired after Trump got elected. :toofunny3:

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

24 minutes ago, nadiamendell said:

If Biden drops out, Kamala is going to have to take his place. I just don't see any way around this.

The question is, who would/should she choose has her running mate? 

If Biden drops out it doesn't mean it has to be Kamala unless he resigns from the office. An open convention wouldn't automatically choose Kamala. 

10 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

If Biden drops out it doesn't mean it has to be Kamala unless he resigns from the office. An open convention wouldn't automatically choose Kamala. 

I just find it hard to fathom the DNC picking anyone else, considering how bad that would look to push aside the first WOC Vice President.

Edited by nadiamendell

1 hour ago, Jotham said:

Sigh. 

well, our only hope how is that Biden or Trump (or preferably both) drop dead before the election, whether it's by natural cause or… :ducky:

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, 305 said:

As much as I would prefer another candidate I feel it's too late for voters to be comfortable enough and know enough to trust a new candidate 

I think this is false. You'd be surprised by how little the majority of Americans begin paying attention to politics until September-October of election year comes around. 

16 minutes ago, nadiamendell said:

I just find it hard to fathom the DNC picking anyone else, considering how bad that would look to push aside the first WOC Vice President.

It depends. If they push her aside for another woman or POC it might be fine, or she could agree to be VP of the replacement. At the end of the day we need someone who can beat Trump. 

1 minute ago, GhostBox said:

Love seeing Biden handing the presidency back to Trump because he's too arrogant to see the reality of the situation :clap3:

I'm going to start making a list of who the Democratic Party (including the Biden dickriders here) are going to blame when election night hits!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.