Does Katy Perry scare certain fanbases?

Kukai

Katy recently surpassed a certain popstar turned actress in overall spotify streams

In reality, as of yesterday:

Lady Gaga: 21.8B overall (+9.6M daily)

Katy Perry: 19.6B overall (+8.7M daily)

55 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

So much effort for a troll thread 

I agree, it is quite an effort making a list encompassing all of Katy's back-to-back underperformances, flops, and bombs since the Obama administration.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah I'm scared to be near a mall or a store next week and realize they have that atrocious lead single on the speakers so my ears start to bleed omg 

Yes, evident by the constant presence of certain fanbase members in every Katy thread. I mean I don't blame them because 

Without hearing "So Sexy, So Confident" ringing through my head. Hopefully, when the single drops she could stop playing Freddy Krueger, and let them rest in peace. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Broken said:

Ctrl c, Crtl v = so much effort?

200.gif?cid=a595bef3kpk1soag9git36kciklr

Yes, it is quite an effort making a list encompassing all of Katy's back-to-back underperformances, flops, and bombs since the Obama administration.

Loser behavior as everything your fan base does.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Well those certain fanbases have been doing endless hate threads about Katy these past few weeks/days 

I guess so… 

1 hour ago, Witnessed ET said:

Oh she definitely does scare the crap out of that fanbase and I wish I was exaggerating.

-the countless threads in the past two weeks after she announced new music and started serving looks and promo

-the endless circlejerking in those threads, chile the dedication and effort that I'm seeing from certain gays for Katy, if only they would redirect that energy to streaming their fave so that she won't be performing similarly to Katy despite having double the quantity of songs in her catalogue lol

-the "she's buying Twitter likes!!" coping mechanism with some random gay Reddit "investigation" as "receipts"because they couldn't even fathom the attention and engagement she's getting this era

-the "she's desperate!!!" comments when she's literally just promoting her new music and having listening parties with fans, for which we're very grateful for because this is the first time in years she's had this confidence and spontaneity back. 

…..and the list goes on and on, this is just the tip of the iceberg of things they've tried to pull these two weeks. They're still highly insecure and scared shitless, because they don't wanna imagine that she even MIGHT have a chance of coming back, even though us fans know she won't smash, that fanbase is dreading the possibility, hence the smear campaigns  :bird:

None of that translates to anyone being scared. The threads are a reaction to the state she's currently in, embarrassing herself, being desperate enough to crawl back to Dr. Luke. Nobody in their right mind is gagging over her half-assed Bianca Censori looks, it's just a "throwing everything at the wall" attempt at a comeback, like, "nothing else is working, so **** it, here are my t*ts." It screams calculated, manufactured, gimmicky. It's not powerful, artistic or liberated like Kesha of late, Lady Gaga, Doja Cat etc. It's just... yeah. It is what it is :michael:

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

No, people just love laughing at a clown

:suburban:

spacer.png

• Haha 2

"Katy recently surpassed a certain popstar turned actress in overall spotify streams and her reunion with Dr Luke seems to have caused quite the ripple! Does Katy Perry's imminent return to the pop music scene scare some fanbases?"

talking-to-self-talking-to-air.gif

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.