Why aren't Aguilera's streams on par with her peers ?

Erreur2 La Nature

9 hours ago, Eternium said:

Britney has had everyone from Madonna to Michael Jackson to Mariah Carey to Lady Gaga to Taylor Swift to Elton John to Celine Dion to Mary J Blige to Girls' Generation to BoA on her side. On top of that, Britney has an incredibly tangible impact on K-pop, pop music and celebrity culture.

I love Christina, but she left very little influence and the only main pop girl who's influenced by her (that wasn't influenced by Christina's main influence - Britney) is Demi Lovato. This isn't a fair conversation for Christina and we should be focusing on getting her music the recognition it deserves instead of comparing her to an artist that is still finding success.

Are you crazy? Gaga, Taylor, Ariana, Sabrina Carpenter, Tinashe, Dua, Miley, Selena and so many more cited Christina as their influence, literally all the modern hitmakers. Celine, Whitney, Patti, Etta and so many more Legends praised Christina for her talent and not just because they felt sorry for her, Elton even sang with Christina years before he sang with Britney. Even her peers like Beyonce, Justin, and Britney herself praised her. :clown:

Edited by WalkAway
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leyaris11

• QuanticXplosion

• CocoPouf

• A-V-XYZ

11 hours ago, QuanticXplosion said:

I can find evidence of Celine Dion calling The Christina Aguilera the best singer in the world. I also can find Patty Labelle saying only Christina and Fantasia are people that inspire her. You tell me @Eternium The Christina Aguilera has had her foot in Britney's neck since they debuted and we have proof of that. Other than people saying she is nice and showing sympathy for her situation, when have people ever talked about Britney as an actual respected artist? 

You do realize that when someone says that they're a fan of said artist, it means they respect them? :gaycat6:  

You're showing signs of someone who is completely uncultured on pop culture to claim Britney is not respected. 

Like first example that comes to mind is Normani telling how she studied Britney's performances. 

Or Beyoncé saying "Britney always has the best performances"

Those are like the first two things that come to mind and didn't require much research... :rip: 

Let's not talk about how The Weeknd's "The Idol" TV show literally pays tribute to Britney as she's mentioned on the first episode, or how Ginny & Georgia (A hit netflix TV show) has an entire episode dedicated to a Britney themed party where every character is dressed up as her.

You gotta be out of touch to think Britney is not respected, because this girl is constantly being referenced. I genuinely hear Britney references all the time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Robyn. said:

You do realize that when someone says that they're a fan of said artist, it means they respect them? :gaycat6:  

You're showing signs of someone who is completely uncultured on pop culture to claim Britney is not respected. 

Like first example that comes to mind is Normani telling how she studied Britney's performances. 

Or Beyoncé saying "Britney always has the best performances"

Those are like the first two things that come to mind and didn't require much research... :rip: 

Let's not talk about how The Weeknd's "The Idol" TV show literally pays tribute to Britney as she's mentioned on the first episode, or how Ginny & Georgia (A hit netflix TV show) has an entire episode dedicated to a Britney themed party where every character is dressed up as her.

You gotta be out of touch to think Britney is not respected, because this girl is constantly being referenced. I genuinely hear Britney references all the time. 

Again get me the actual legends... Where are them. Show the receipts. 

1 hour ago, QuanticXplosion said:

Again get me the actual legends... Where are them. Show the receipts. 

We're moving the goal-post now. Is that what happens when you get clocked? 

Also why would you expect an Aretha Franklin or a Patti LaBelle to show love for a Britney Spears, when she's not a vocalist? I beg you to use your brain. :rip: 

I showed you actual performers praising and respecting Britney, in what she does. Hope this helps your debunked theory. :gaycat7:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I thought Ozempic was going to help her career but I guess it is beyond salvation :doc:

thoughts and prayers for those thighs that disappeared in vain. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, QuanticXplosion said:

The Christina Aguilera has had her foot in Britney's neck since they debuted and we have proof of that. Other than people saying she is nice and showing sympathy for her situation, when have people ever talked about Britney as an actual respected artist? 

By being nasty to her maybe because Britney smoked Christina from the get go :skull:

The only thing Christina has over Britney is Grammys. Not even the critics claim Xtinct, so much for a respected artisté.

6 hours ago, WalkAway said:

Are you crazy? Gaga, Taylor, Ariana, Sabrina Carpenter, Tinashe, Dua, Miley, Selena and so many more cited Christina as their influence, literally all the modern hitmakers. Celine, Whitney, Patti, Etta and so many more Legends praised Christina for her talent and not just because they felt sorry for her, Elton even sang with Christina years before he sang with Britney. Even her peers like Beyonce, Justin, and Britney herself praised her. :clown:

you have to be delusional to think people praise Britney out of simply feeling bad for her lmaskdflj;asdf

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

you have to be delusional to think people praise Britney out of simply feeling bad for her lmaskdflj;asdf

Do you think someone like Mariah or Celine is praising Britney's artistry? Be for real. :toofunny2:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WalkAway said:

Do you think someone like Mariah or Celine is praising Britney's artistry? Be for real. :toofunny2:

Sis, I don't know why you getting brave... The only thing Xtina getting praise is solely for her voice only, except that she got not vison, no ears for hits, no artistry whatsoever. Her works always behind the other artists. 

Few example:

10/01/2001: Britney

10/22/20012: Stripped aka an upgrade version of Britney's Britney. 

08/19/2008: Lady Gaga's The Fame, electropop, dance-pop and futurist and weird image. 

06/10/2010: Bionic. 

03/25/2011: Femme Fatale, Britney return to pop and working with Max Martin. 

11/02/2012: Lotus, again, working with Max Martin. :toofunny2:

In the years 2016-2017 R&B, reggae become a trend with the massive success releases of Beyoncé, The Weeknd, Drake or Rihanna and yet, Xtina follow up with Liberation.:coffee2:

Yeah, so much for her "artistry". :bibliahh:

Edited by leyaris11

27 minutes ago, leyaris11 said:

Sis, I don't why you getting brave... The only thing Xtina getting praise is solely for her voice only, except that she got not vison, no ears for hits, no artistry whatsoever. Her works always behind the other artists. 

Few example:

10/01/2001: Britney

10/22/20012: Stripped aka an upgrade version of Britney's Britney. 

08/19/2008: Lady Gaga's The Fame, electropop, dance-pop and futurist and weird image. 

06/10/2010: Bionic. 

03/25/2011: Femme Fatale, Britney return to pop and working with Max Martin. 

11/02/2012: Lotus, again, working with Max Martin. :toofunny2:

In the years 2016-2017 R&B, reggae become a trend with the massive success releases of Beyoncé, The Weeknd, Drake or Rihanna and yet, Xtina follow up with Liberation.:coffee2:

Yeah, so much for her "artistry". :bibliahh:

Tell me you don't actually believe this :deadbanana4:

As for Bionic, she said in 2006 that she would do the futuristic sound next. Everything else is just nonsense, expected from a Britney fan. :toofunny2:

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, WalkAway said:

As for Bionic, she said in 2006 that she would do the futuristic sound next. Everything else is just nonsense, expected from a Britney fan. :toofunny2:

With the delulu fan like you that is why she is keeps flopping and RCA dropped her. Go streams papamuchacha sis. tumblr_oxsvtiflJH1qahndoo1_r1_400.gif

• Haha 1

It's unfortunate that she's not getting much more because her hits were legit. I think her hits were just not as timeless as other songs (although I'd argue Hurt sounds timeless). And they were only big at the time and didn't have much longevity years after. I mean her debut + Stripped were huge, but I mean Britney, Backstreet Boys and Eminem stole all the thunder years after with their timeless hits. I don't think I hear much of Come on Over, I Turn to You, Beautiful, Dirrty or even Lady Marmalade over Baby One More Time, Oops, I Want It That Way, Lose Yourself, Without Me, and other big hits from these huge early 2000s pop artists. Maybe it's just me, but that's how I feel about Christina's catalog.

2 hours ago, WalkAway said:

Expected! Such a nonsense. Imagine thinking Britney and Stripped are similar albums. :ducky:

OT.

Spotify playlist reach:

Hips Don't Lie 123M

Toxic 102M

PITUSA 133M

Crazy In Love 124M

Poker Face 72M

Umbrella 106M

Complicated 63M :clap3:

BOMT 87M

DSTM 85M

Just Dance 70M

Hot n Cold 67M

-------

Genie in a Bottle 36M

Lady Marmalade 24M

Beautiful 20M

Dirrty 16M

WAGW 13M

Fighter 9M

Candyman 8M

ANOM 6M

CHUD 5M

If something she's doing very good with the very little playlist support she have. 

Stop acting surprised how those songs receive a lot of streaming I mean just look at the support from Spotify.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xtripped said:

Expected! Such a nonsense. Imagine thinking Britney and Stripped are similar albums. :ducky:

OT.

Spotify playlist reach:

Hips Don't Lie 123M

Toxic 102M

PITUSA 133M

Crazy In Love 124M

Poker Face 72M

Umbrella 106M

Complicated 63M :clap3:

BOMT 87M

DSTM 85M

Just Dance 70M

Hot n Cold 67M

-------

Genie in a Bottle 36M

Lady Marmalade 24M

Beautiful 20M

Dirrty 16M

WAGW 13M

Fighter 9M

Candyman 8M

ANOM 6M

CHUD 5M

If something she's doing very good with the very little playlist support she have. 

Stop acting surprised how those songs receive a lot of streaming I mean just look at the support from Spotify.

Nobody said Xtina streams was bad, it just ain't on pair with her peers and Miley Cyrus but it's good for her standard. :celestial4: 

Christina doesn't care about being a mainstream name anymore. She made some bad moves and decisions (career wise) in the 2010s and hasn't really found the right direction for her music ever since. As a fan I believe she should focus on projects on the same vibe of B2B or disco inspired records, work to truly cement her as an adult pop artist like Adele. Her last album Liberation was way far off that and very generic tbh. It is sad because Christina is incredibly talented and could be at a Beyonce level of recognition and fame but she lost herself after back to basics and the past few records are just not good enough.

Edited by oli more

On 6/30/2024 at 3:23 PM, QuanticXplosion said:

Her fanbase does not stream her music. They stream other people but not her. 

Serves her right though, the long waits have hurt her career in the streaming era and have hurt her badly, it is what she deserves. 

THIS. I'm an Xtina fan, but I stream other artists' music more because they release new music.

Also, Xtina told her fans something along the lines of "live your own life and follow your own dreams, don't waste them dedicating your life to my stats." Because of that most Xtina fans are very casual and there's hardly any movement to fanbase stream her just for the sake of numbers. 

54 minutes ago, XDNA said:

THIS. I'm an Xtina fan, but I stream other artists' music more because they release new music.

Also, Xtina told her fans something along the lines of "live your own life and follow your own dreams, don't waste them dedicating your life to my stats." Because of that most Xtina fans are very casual and there's hardly any movement to fanbase stream her just for the sake of numbers. 

She also said she didn't care about awards and all that she lives for is to be able to perform live and yet her stans are hellbent using quotes from 20 years ago and recently purchased Latin Grammys as receipts.

Christina never committed fully to be an established artist, she recorded songs to be able to perform them live and honestly, it's very telling that she essentially is stuck performing the same Stripped songs over and over again when her catalogue allows her to be more diverse if she wanted to.

I'm beyond exhausted of this stan war to be fair, mostly because stans on both sides cross the line constantly and I refuse to be associated with misogyny, body shaming and any other related and disgusting insults Britney and Christina are exposed to on the daily, so is really time to let it go. Britney is free, for the most part happy, and retired after working for 25 years non-stop and Christina is performing here and there cashing that cheque so let them be really.

Because the years she should've spent strengthening her legacy were spent spinning around in a chair on NBC. After the rejection of her passion project, Bionic, she just kinda gave up. Doesn't help that she was also going through a divorce at the time. By the time she started to care about her music again, it was too little, too late. Real travesty because as much as we rag on Chrissy at times, she was one of the biggest talents of her era. She just needed some guidance to harness all those great ideas and refine her craft because she had potential to go even further imo. Nevertheless, she'll always be seen as an icon of the early millennium age. 

1 hour ago, SinnerCity said:

She also said she didn't care about awards and all that she lives for is to be able to perform live and yet her stans are hellbent using quotes from 20 years ago and recently purchased Latin Grammys as receipts.

Christina never committed fully to be an established artist, she recorded songs to be able to perform them live and honestly, it's very telling that she essentially is stuck performing the same Stripped songs over and over again when her catalogue allows her to be more diverse if she wanted to.

I'm beyond exhausted of this stan war to be fair, mostly because stans on both sides cross the line constantly and I refuse to be associated with misogyny, body shaming and any other related and disgusting insults Britney and Christina are exposed to on the daily, so is really time to let it go. Britney is free, for the most part happy, and retired after working for 25 years non-stop and Christina is performing here and there cashing that cheque so let them be really.

So because your Grammy less fave is not respected her Grammy accolades have to be erased from history just for you not feel bad over stanning an industry joke? No, I am not talking about Mariah, everyone knows that's your wild card to not be dragged over your questionable taste in pop artist because you actually Stan the origin of all basics. 

1 hour ago, Soda Pop Queen said:

Because the years she should've spent strengthening her legacy were spent spinning around in a chair on NBC. After the rejection of her passion project, Bionic, she just kinda gave up. Doesn't help that she was also going through a divorce at the time. By the time she started to care about her music again, it was too little, too late. Real travesty because as much as we rag on Chrissy at times, she was one of the biggest talents of her era. She just needed some guidance to harness all those great ideas and refine her craft because she had potential to go even further imo. Nevertheless, she'll always be seen as an icon of the early millennium age. 

Her ego was hurt badly with that one. She deserved it though, that album is far from decent. 

23 minutes ago, QuanticXplosion said:

So because your Grammy less fave is not respected her Grammy accolades have to be erased from history just for you not feel bad over stanning an industry joke? No, I am not talking about Mariah, everyone knows that's your wild card to not be dragged over your questionable taste in pop artist because you actually Stan the origin of all basics. 

I wasn't aware that:

Mariah didn't have Grammys 

Britney didn't have Grammys

Gaga didn't have Grammys 

Janet didn't have Grammys 

I guess Christina should title her next tour  'The Grammys Tour' since that seems what drives crowds in to shows nowadays 

:ryan3:

Edited by SinnerCity

2 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

I wasn't aware that:

Mariah didn't have Grammys 

Britney didn't have Grammys

Gaga didn't have Grammys 

Janet didn't have Grammys 

I guess Christina should title her next tour  'The Grammys Tour' since that seems what drives crowds in to shows nowadays 

:ryan3:

One of those Grammy is not like the others but do you boo boo. 

• Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.