Why aren't Aguilera's streams on par with her peers ?

Erreur2 La Nature

7 hours ago, A-V-XYZ said:

Xtina's got 2 songs over a billion streams on Spotify. That's more than Britney. Xtina wins.

Β 

7 hours ago, A-V-XYZ said:

Britney didn't write Toxic and Cathy Dennis sings most of it. Xtina gets more money from her streams on Feel This Moment than Britney does with Toxic. Xtina writes hits!

:clap3:

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leyaris11

• QuanticXplosion

• CocoPouf

• A-V-XYZ

She was one of the first main pop girls to flop for starters. And then she flopped when every girl was successfully transitioning into the digital era when iTunes was at its peak.

Β 

Xtina has always been a step behind. Also I think her music is just not as remembered or big, her biggest songs don't compare next to a Baby One More Time or a Hips Don't Lie, yet Genie In A Bottle spent like 5 weeks at #1 at the time. :rip:Β 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

Honestly I don't think the GP (especially the younger ones) really remembers her apart for being the girl on Moves Like JaggerΒ :deadbanana4:

Interesting point. Maroon 5's Moves Like Jagger is doing better than X's 10 best performing songs combined too, which surely means something. We need a data scientist to analyze these statsΒ :bird:

Β 

Though I'm not convinced the public really remembers she was featured on this as she only sang a short bridge and the most famous version at the time had a radio edit without her part. Guess we'll never know !

• Haha 2

In between the long breaks in between albums, her not truly promoting the material she has released and not even really marketing herself, she hasn't done a great job at building, maintaining or otherwise preserving her legacy.

Β 

As a pop icon, having one of the greatest voices in mainstream music, she's in such a weird place. With her background, and the right team, she could easily orchestrate an actual comeback and introduce herself to a new generation of listenersβ€”while recapturing the attention of millennialsβ€”but she just doesn't. To think she used to be one of the most recognizable names in pop music. She deserves much better.

10 hours ago, A-V-XYZ said:

Britney didn't write Toxic and Cathy Dennis sings most of it. Xtina gets more money from her streams on Feel This Moment than Britney does with Toxic. Xtina writes hits!

If anything, this thread was useful at drawing out the dupes. Someone put in a help request.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Funnyfatty said:

Because she didn't do anything to keep her old smash hits in the mouth of a generation.Β 
Β 

Mariah is still promoting Fantasy, Obsessed, ABMB and gives actually chance to so many tracks in her discography to have a moment and some of them stick and go viral and some od them are just cute moments for the fans. Memoirs had Its a Wrap, Obsessed and UOMF going viral for a moment. Xtina NEVER has.

That is so not true. She did performs her old songs like a lot, songs like Lady Marmalade...Β :rip:Β It just like gp doesn't care for her anymore.Β 

Β 

4 hours ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

She's xtinct.

Good.Β :clap:

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, leyaris11 said:

That is so not true. She did performs her old songs like a lot, songs like Lady Marmalade...Β :rip:Β It just like gp doesn't care for her anymore.Β 

Β 

Good.Β :clap:

Where? The last time i heard her music was YB other than that i hear NOTHING.Β 

14 hours ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

Honestly I don't think the GP (especially the younger ones) really remembers her apart for being the girl on Moves Like JaggerΒ :deadbanana4:

GP doesn't remember her yet she has 25 million monthly listeners... be serious.Β :clown:

• Thumbs Down 3

1 minute ago, WalkAway said:

GP doesn't remember her yet she has 25 million monthly listeners... be serious.Β :clown:

Monthly listeners doesn't mean anything. Let's get you to bed grandma.Β Sure-grandma-lets-get-you-to-bed-meme-4f

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, WalkAway said:

Only somebody who stans an artist with horrible numbers would use that "monthly listeners" thing as a proof their fave is successfulΒ :deadbanana:

• Thumbs Down 1

9 hours ago, Robyn. said:

She was one of the first main pop girls to flop for starters. And then she flopped when every girl was successfully transitioning into the digital era when iTunes was at its peak.

Β 

Xtina has always been a step behind. Also I think her music is just not as remembered or big, her biggest songs don't compare next to a Baby One More Time or a Hips Don't Lie, yet Genie In A Bottle spent like 5 weeks at #1 at the time. :rip:Β 

Most radio hits that lacked sales don't turn out to be classics.

9 hours ago, Robyn. said:

Β 

Most radio hits that lacked sales don't turn out to be classics.

8 hours ago, tost1 said:

I really can't believe these threads always get multiple pagesΒ :rip: this stan war is a gift that keeps on giving

Because Xtina's complete erasure from the public's consciousness is a mystery.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Funnyfatty said:

Where? The last time i heard her music was YB other than that i hear NOTHING.Β 

She did perform in her Vegas shows and private events....Β  And singing 30 years old song what a girl wants in her panty.Β :toofunny3:

Β 

3 minutes ago, Alexz said:

Because Xtina's complete erasure from the public's consciousness is a mystery.

She is a local popstar now and making money by booking private gigs...Β :gaycatina1:

19 hours ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Because she has released 1 English album in the last 10 years.

Shakira is number 1 on that list though, so does that really make a difference?

Β 

17 hours ago, A-V-XYZ said:

Xtina writes hits!

She can write one for herself nextΒ :clap3:

I would like to see legends talking highly about Britney then @EterniumΒ mad praise, not calling her a nice girl because being nice does mean being taken seriously.

Β 

We want proof of actual praise not sympathy support sis, provide the compelling evidence because I am sure @WalkAway can give us quite a few thread pages of legends praising Christina Aguilera.Β 

That dude is delusional….no one respect her and no one reference her meanwhile people are praising Britney and Avril, both can do worldwide arena tour. Christina can't even fill a small theatres…..no fans are checking on her music, no one buying nor consuming anything, her biggest gig would be a the voice judge…..Good thing the good sis is settled for life so.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

This is kinda tangential, but I think Christina is essentially an R&B diva masquerading as a MPG.Β 
Β 

I feel like R&B is filled with venerated legends who have clear brands and cultural relevance, but then you check their chart history/stats and you go "I could have sworn you had more hits than this."Β 
Β 

Β 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, QuanticXplosion said:

I would like to see legends talking highly about Britney then @EterniumΒ mad praise, not calling her a nice girl because being nice does mean being taken seriously.

Β 

We want proof of actual praise not sympathy support sis, provide the compelling evidence because I am sure @WalkAway can give us quite a few thread pages of legends praising Christina Aguilera.Β 

Britney has had everyone from Madonna to Michael Jackson to Mariah Carey to Lady Gaga to Taylor Swift to Elton John to Celine Dion to Mary J Blige to Girls' Generation to BoA on her side. On top of that, Britney has an incredibly tangible impact on K-pop, pop music and celebrity culture.

Β 

I love Christina, but she left very little influence and the only main pop girl who's influenced by her (that wasn't influenced by Christina's main influence - Britney) is Demi Lovato. This isn't a fair conversation for Christina and we should be focusing on getting her music the recognition it deserves instead of comparing her to an artist that is still finding success.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Britney has had everyone from Madonna to Michael Jackson to Mariah Carey to Lady Gaga to Taylor Swift to Elton John to Celine Dion to Mary J Blige to Girls' Generation to BoA on her side. On top of that, Britney has an incredibly tangible impact on K-pop, pop music and celebrity culture.

Β 

I love Christina, but she left very little influence and the only main pop girl who's influenced by her (that wasn't influenced by Christina's main influence - Britney) is Demi Lovato. This isn't a fair conversation for Christina and we should be focusing on getting her music the recognition it deserves instead of comparing her to an artist that is still finding success.

Again... Provide compelling evidence I want people praising her artistry not her cute smile, not her brand. Her artistry you claim she is more respected than The Christina Aguilera right? Well, you wouldn't have a problem to find such footage would you?Β 

I can find evidence of Celine Dion calling The Christina Aguilera the best singer in the world. I also can find Patty Labelle saying only Christina and Fantasia are people that inspire her. You tell me @Eternium The Christina Aguilera has had her foot in Britney's neck since they debuted and we have proof of that. Other than people saying she is nice and showing sympathy for her situation, when have people ever talked about Britney as an actual respected artist?Β 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.