• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IMadeYouReadThis

• Papi Juancho

• PoisonedIvy

• liquiddiamonds

:chick3:

Yes, Twitter vibes never translate to normal people. But I feel sorry for SZA, headlining Glastonbury is a very special moment and it's going to remain as big failure for her 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 9
  • Thumbs Down 17

why wasn't she on the main stage? or is this the main stage? 

she just isn't well established enough to be headlining a festival of this size tbh. with one successful album and a few collab hits it is way too soon

if i were there i'd have gone to see justice instead 

Edited by ONOPKA
  • Like 10
  • Thumbs Down 3

3 minutes ago, JorgeM said:

Yes, Twitter vibes never translate to normal people. But I feel sorry for SZA, headlining Glastonbury is a very special moment and it's going to remain as big failure for her 

There must've been an issue we don't know about. Even Sophie Ellis Bextor had a huge crowd

356243597_813767180107705_20457847829683

Edited by Saintlor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, ThousandMiles said:

why wasn't she on the main stage? or is this the main stage? 

It's the main stage, the pyramid stage 

This makes no sense? :chick2: Was someone else performing at the same time?

Edited by Mandalore

Her sound was really messed up too, someone needs to get fired for that.

Hmm. Dua doesn't FEEL much bigger than SZA but I guess if I'm being honest Dua has way more hits and they're all huge global smashes so it checks out I suppose. 

• Like 1

Surprised she is headlining

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

They're racist that's why

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 9

confused how they would let this happen? also heard there were sound issues with the set which checks out with some of the videos i've seen, mess all around it seems. 

Spoiler

random sidenote but if this turns into a whole thing and she ends up scrapping the album again right when it looks like we were about to get something i'm gonna be so pissed.. :deadbanana2:

I honestly thought SOS era established her more globally, but I guess she must be resonating more with people who just don't go to festivals. When she headlined a festival here last year she was also said to have pulled the smallest crowd in years (the performance was great though, I loved it)

Edited by BlackoutZone
  • Like 1

Kill Bill is her only top 10 in the UK. Yeah she sells albums there, but one has to wonder if her R&B audience would pay the whole of Glastonbury just to catch SZA. How many other R&B artists were in the bill today? Usually festivals put similar acts in the same day so they can attract genre fans

edit: i saw they kinda tried with Burna Boy and Janelle Monae performing before her from 5pm onwards. Although i must notice it was kinda abrupt coming from Shania Twain and others that performed earlier lol How was it the attendance for those two acts? I saw they put Avril at the same time as Janelle was headlining the Pyramid stage

Edited by liquiddiamonds

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Reveal hidden contents

random sidenote but if this turns into a whole thing and she ends up scrapping the album again right when it looks like we were about to get something i'm gonna be so pissed.. :deadbanana2:

came here to say this. :hoetenks:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Duanielipa said:

In the UK Dua has much broader appeal and has been on the radio since 2016. I think SZA is really only known by gen Z. Most 30+ people in the UK would probably have heard Kill Bill on the radio but have no idea who she is.

SZA is massive in the US but I don't think she's really broken through in the UK and the pyramid stage is just too big for how popular she is here. Also glastonbury audience tends to be older and more into rock.

That's fair, I am in America so I knew my perception of her popularity wouldn't be globally accurate. If she wants to expand her global reach she'll probably have to dabble in more pop/dance tracks, kind of like Rihanna. 

3 minutes ago, Duanielipa said:

SZA is massive in the US but I don't think she's really broken through in the UK and the pyramid stage is just too big for how popular she is here. Also glastonbury audience tends to be older and more into rock.

Looks like The National were playing right at the same time in another stage, so we know where they all flocked to

Surprising, SZA is a huge name and is coming off the back of a breakthrough successful area (into the mainstream with radio hits). I wonder what other factors were at play here.

• Like 1

As someone from the UK, this isn't surprising as SZA isn't very well known here. She should be as she's one of the most talented artists out right now, so hopefully this makes her and her team realise that they need to focus more on building up her status internationally.

• Like 6

At what time did she perform? Maybe people were just watching the England game. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.