15 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

Also, most dominant decades of topping the Billboard 200:

beatles 111 weeks (1960s)

garth 50 (1990s)

mj 43 (1980s)

elton 39 (1970s)

taylor 39 (2020s) 

One more to get to 40 this decade.

This really puts her longevity into context. You'd have to be delusional to say any artist has ever experienced more longevity (at the very top) than Taylor.  

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• elincomprendid

• lillavend3r

• fridayteenage

• Doctor Dick

25 minutes ago, elincomprendid said:

Mind you Gracie (47.57M) had more streams than Dua (39.7M) or BRAT(46.7M)

And in case you say she had a Taylor collab even without us it would be around 38M which is basically on pair with Dua

I didn't see any of you doubting Dua's or Charli's sales. In fact Dua had the most sales out of the 3 with the least streams lol 

Charli had insane word of mouth plus the vinyls so the sales weren't sus. She even has a great hold still top 10 with 40k sales. Dua was frontloaded. This girl will be out the top 10 next week and has no hit yet hitting almost 90k is organic yeah no

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, elincomprendid said:

Crazy to think she has already destroyed her 2010s mark 

7 minutes ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

This really puts her longevity into context. You'd have to be delusional to say any artist has ever experienced more longevity (at the very top) than Taylor.  

yes, taylor's 2010s with 29 weeks is tied for 10th most dominant decade atop the billboard 200

9 minutes ago, lillavend3r said:

Charli had insane word of mouth plus the vinyls so the sales weren't sus. She even has a great hold still top 10 with 40k sales. Dua was frontloaded. This girl will be out the top 10 next week and has no hit yet hitting almost 90k is organic yeah no

"word of mouth" well doesn't seem so based by the numbers
"plus the vinyls" what is that even supossed to mean? Gracie had vinyl release too...

Dua being or not frontloaded has nothing to do with first week sales lol

"has no hit" mind you Close To You a bigger US hit than anything charli has released since 2014

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, elincomprendid said:

"word of mouth" well doesn't seem so based by the numbers
"plus the vinyls" what is that even supossed to mean? Gracie had vinyl release too...

Dua being or not frontloaded has nothing to do with first week sales lol

"has no hit" mind you Close To You a bigger US hit than anything charli has released since 2014

You mad as hell i'm crying :dies: brat increase in sales from crash is huge for her and predictions increased through out the week that's what word of mouth means. Dua being frontloaded actually does have to do with first week sales everyone was hyped for her FN follow up so curious people tuned it sadly she didn't deliver therefore the sales decrease since. How you a nepo baby and industry plant pick a struggle :rip: If Charli's released material since 2014 was a payola'd bad Lorde impression maybe it would've done numbers. We all know who had the organic rise and who didn't  :sorry:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lillavend3r said:

You mad as hell i'm crying :dies: brat increase in sales from crash is huge for her and predictions increased through out the week that's what word of mouth means. Dua being frontloaded actually does have to do with first week sales everyone was hyped for her FN follow up so curious people tuned it sadly she didn't deliver therefore the sales decrease since. How you a nepo baby and industry plant pick a struggle :rip: If Charli's released material since 2014 was a payola'd bad Lorde impression maybe it would've done numbers. We all know who had the organic rise and who didn't  :sorry:

I'm not the one mad attacking Gracie for whatever reason :deadbanana2:

All 3 albums increased from early projections btw

I guess you then agree that is cause the public think Charli's music is mid while they think Gracie (Lorde impression or not) is better then :sorry:

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, fridayteenage said:

Also, most dominant decades of topping the Billboard 200:

beatles 111 weeks (1960s)

garth 50 (1990s)

mj 43 (1980s)

elton 39 (1970s)

taylor 39 (2020s) 

One more to get to 40 this decade.

Next week will be remarkable…

11th week matching her all time record

80 weeks overall and 40 this decade

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, elincomprendid said:

I'm not the one mad attacking Gracie for whatever reason :deadbanana2:

All 3 albums increased from early projections btw

I guess you then agree that is cause the public think Charli's music is mid while they think Gracie (Lorde impression or not) is better then :sorry:

Yes babes more sales means better music. So next when week brat sells more than The Payola of Us that will mean brat is better 

:bibliahh:

5 minutes ago, lillavend3r said:

Yes babes more sales means better music. So next when week brat sells more than The Payola of Us that will mean brat is better 

:bibliahh:

I never said it meant better music I just said that the public liked it more

1 hour ago, Michael196 said:

This is sad. There's probably been 10x more weeks of the Top 10 being completely male dominated.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, elincomprendid said:

I never said it meant better music I just said that the public liked it more

1 hour ago, elincomprendid said:

I guess you then agree that is cause the public think Charli's music is mid while they think Gracie (Lorde impression or not) is better then

oprah-winfrey-so-what-is-the-truth.gif

Very impressive numbers for Gracie for someone who hadn't scored a song on the top 40 of H100 before.

Makes me think of the robust debut for Melanie.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, glitch said:

Sorry but who is listening to this nepo baby and her spotipop playlist filler music?

It's so weird because why is she on her 2nd week outstreaming Camila and Megan? :rip:

If swifties are behind this then we're not ready for Sabrina's domination. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Feanor said:

'Fearless' (2008) - 11 weeks at #1

'1989' (2014) - 11 weeks at #1

'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT' (2024) - 10 weeks at #1

Longevity is truly Taylor's 2nd middle name. :jonny2:

I'm not hating but I want to have one thing clarifyed. People have called her out for "stealing" the top positions from other female acts because of the variant things but her fanbase has been rightfully claiming that she's not trying to steal their #1s but she's doing it for the stats because charts are a competition so will I get hate for claiming that TTPD's success at #1 is a bit inflated? Because her own fanbase has been saying the variants have been released because she wanted to assure a milestone that is this one so that's why I'm asking not to be mean but is it really as impressive as 1989 and Fearless doing that without such tactics? It's a simple question no hate. I just cant get around this logic. 

Edited by Doctor Dick
  • Confused 1

well she's done zero televised performances for this album. all her shows this year have been overseas so local concertgoers aren't boosting her on billboard either.

2014 promo:

Dick Clark's Rockin NYE

Victoria' Secret Fashion Show

The Voice

AMAS

Good Morning America

Letterman

Kimmel

Ellen

VMAS

We Can Survive 2014

iheartradio Music Festival

Z100 Jingle Ball

KIIS FM Jingle Ball

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Doctor Dick said:

is it really as impressive as 1989 and Fearless doing that without such tactics?

Not even close IMO. Her 11th studio album pulling +10 weeks at #1 on her third decade in the industry is FAR more impressive. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Katy V.! said:

Not even close IMO. Her 11th studio album pulling +10 weeks at #1 on her third decade in the industry is FAR more impressive. 

But I was talking about those 10 weeks and how they're not as organic (I don't know if it's the right word) as the other two. I jsut meant the longevity statement from @Feanor

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, lillavend3r said:

oprah-winfrey-so-what-is-the-truth.gif

"is cause the public think"

Maybe is time to spend more time reading instead of complaining about new pop stars

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Doctor Dick said:

they're not as organic

SEA units comprise 87,000 (down 7% — it's No. 1 on Top Streaming Albums for a 10th week...)

The most streamed album in the US every week since its release, how is that not organic?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, elincomprendid said:

"is cause the public think"

Maybe is time to spend more time reading instead of complaining about new pop stars

you literally said more sales meant better music cause if more people purchase/stream that means it's better (TO YOU) but I guess you had to come to that conclusion after critics shitted on TTPD :katie: you going backwards on what you say does not equal me needing reading time. And calling charli mid when none of both ladies outselling her got the same score as her :eli:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.