The ATRL Iceberg

ks_dollar

The Leona threads filled with horse jokes to the point that when there's no good horse joke that could be made with one of her threads, the first reply just only typed "Horse" and then it was endlessly quoted :ahh:

• Haha 4

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RideOrDie

• BrokenMachine

• Virgos Groove

• Genius1111

I know almost all of them :toofunny2:

I would add:

ATRL merges with Ukmix

As in, turned to gas

Threads ruined by 1 post

Ryan Tedder on ATRL

Free AmazonMP3 albums

20 hours ago, Virgos Groove said:

This iconic photo. :dies: Tinashe really used to be ATRL's punching bag, it's crazy how things switched after SFY.

44252B5E00000578-4872496-Trendy_Singer_T

I set her up so bad even though I'm a fan but that situation was such a kii. :suburban:

Other notable ones: 

The gifs in the COVID thread in 2020

The various Shawn Mendes threads, especially the one with him in CK underwear

More recently, the David "Pink Starburst" Archuleta threads

There was this iconic thread where members kept posting these weird lines that I thought the entire forum looked broken. That was the thread that I laughed the hardest. 

Does anyone know which one it is?

I never got sued :oh:

• Haha 1

I never got sued :oh:

4 hours ago, Genius1111 said:

There was this iconic thread where members kept posting these weird lines that I thought the entire forum looked broken. That was the thread that I laughed the hardest. 

Omg yes it looked like someone had put weird black spiders webs all over the screen :deadbanana2: I can't remember what it was called though

I remember at one time Gaga fans kept referring to her as "Tricon" but I had no idea what they were on about.

You need to add the mod who got his balls licked by a dog :redface:

• Haha 1

I have been here FAR too long  cause why do I know something from every tier :deadbanana4:

Lucia Cole though, what a day that was

7 hours ago, Genius1111 said:

dddd.  The thread was "Nicki shades Drake". I replied "ELECTRIC CHAIR" with the weird lines, which I generated from some random site. People quoted my post, and for some reason quoting the post made the lines bigger.  People kept quoting each other with the lines,  resulting in massive lines — swallowing the entire thread's pages and expanding the pages by hundreds of pixels in all directions. People also added colour to the text/lines to make beautiful rainbows. The 10+ pages of rainbow black holes were a bizarre work of art. I got a permanent warning point for using disruptive text effects or whatever.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 6/28/2024 at 10:00 AM, itshyolee said:

Honestly, whichever one you can explain is fine.

The gracious good sis @Virgos Groove already covered some.

On 6/28/2024 at 7:45 AM, ks_dollar said:

9Z08u3p.png

Explanations

Reveal hidden contents

LaLingo

In the early 2010s, ATRL had a large number of LaToya Jackson stans. This was highly unusual, as she was known and discussed for her reality TV career. Her stans inserted LaToya into any thread about anything, making her inescapable for a large period of time. You couldn't enter a thread without seeing one of her iconic gifs:

latoya-jackson-searching.gif

tumblr_mda2clHDNv1rqnoczo1_400.gif

Her stans naturally developed LaLingo, where you insert "La" before any word. LaThread. LaBurger. LaARTPOP is LaFreefalling on LaCharts. The lingo became rampant on the website, and it got so bad that mods took action. Mods starting warning or banning anyone who used it. 

The legends of LaToya and LaLingo live on today, as we still have a stanbase: https://atrl.net/forums/topic/396674-latoya-jackson/

Sold out on iTunes

tumblr_muhplvNpNl1r9hlymo1_1280.jpg

258k stamped

ARTPOP's release week was a bad time to be a Little Monster™. Essentially, the album TANKED -- and Gaga was the laughing stock for the entire stanworld. ARTPOP opened with only 258k. She lost the Gaga vs Katy stanwar, which their rabid fans had been insanely perpetuating for months. Back then, stan culture was much more vile and uncensored. KatyKats were rampant on this website, and they were ruthless with their Gaga/ARTPOP lashings. One KatyKat made one particular post that was lengthy, with skulldrag upon skulldrag. The final sentence of the post was something like "...now 258k is stamped on the Koons ball, and Roar will forever echo on repeat in your minds" or something crazy. Idk you had to be there. :rip:

Demi froyo

Tidal free album

Fergie's manager sues ATRLer  

Shakira to be killed in Saudi Arabia

No one wants to wake up to the news i woke up to this morning

Nicki minaj sits at her vanity

JessieJHeartbeat

Notice Ellie is Drinking

...Vin

Turned into gas?

Elephant visits victim's funeral

image layers

Reveal hidden contents

I was digging around on the Internet Archive and guess what I found?

https://web.archive.org/web/20220402185857/https://atrl.net/forums/topic/169370-tidal-download-any-album-you-want-free/

But wow what a moment this was :jonny:

Edit: Another one

https://web.archive.org/web/20220407085453/https://atrl.net/forums/topic/241087-shakira-to-be-killed-in-saudi-arabia/

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Virgos Groove said:

See this is why you're one of my favorite ATRLers on this site

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, itshyolee said:

See this is why you're one of my favorite ATRLers on this site

spacer.png

Omg, thanks! You're one of my fav members too (and with great taste, as per the Aaliyah avi)! :hughard:

• Like 1

you should write a book

On 6/28/2024 at 10:11 PM, Konril said:

I need the oldTRLers to please give me the full transcript of royalace's "here kitty, kitty" blog drag of Haus of Nicole.

:suburban:

This is one I thought of. A real old school moment. :lmao:

I've been here since 2010 so I remember pretty much all of these. This site used to be beyond ridiculous, if you weren't there you will never understand. :toofunny3:

'...Vin' took me out. what a throwback :dies:

On 6/30/2024 at 9:31 AM, glitch said:

I remember at one time Gaga fans kept referring to her as "Tricon" but I had no idea what they were on about.

the VMAs invented a 'tricon' award for her in 2020 and liddos RAN with it

• Thanks 1

too recent

you should also add 'something had to go platinum' and 'would ... lie?' :skull:

• Like 1

On 6/28/2024 at 11:14 PM, RideOrDie said:

Talent

Acclaim

Beauty

Success

make sure your fave has all 4! not many do nowadays :suburban:

THANK YOU sis finally ( after 10 years).

So in that case most of my favs are ABS without the T I guess 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/30/2024 at 7:08 PM, ks_dollar said:

dddd.  The thread was "Nicki shades Drake". I replied "ELECTRIC CHAIR" with the weird lines, which I generated from some random site. People quoted my post, and for some reason quoting the post made the lines bigger.  People kept quoting each other with the lines,  resulting in massive lines — swallowing the entire thread's pages and expanding the pages by hundreds of pixels in all directions. People also added colour to the text/lines to make beautiful rainbows. The 10+ pages of rainbow black holes were a bizarre work of art. I got a permanent warning point for using disruptive text effects or whatever.

By any chance, do you still have the link to that classic thread? I am not sure if it's before the forum reset from 2 years ago.

Edited by Genius1111

On 6/29/2024 at 1:11 AM, Konril said:

I need the oldTRLers to please give me the full transcript of royalace's "here kitty, kitty" blog drag of Haus of Nicole.

:suburban:

We NEED this one. I've tried to find it and I just can't :(

where is Britney / Chimpanzee gate? :deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.