Cowboy Carter doing worse than Good Girl Gone Bad, why?

Born to Run

2 hours ago, Aethereal said:

Hits in 2003 and 2006 don't produce the same amount of streams like hits in 2010s.

You're right but Music of The Sun (2005) is outstreaming 4 (2011) & Lemonade (2016)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 9

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Born to Run

• Yes, AND

• Alexz

• Jay07

9 minutes ago, period sis said:

And are we supposed to say Tommy Richman will forever smash and be relevant because he has smash streams?

His EPs and albums are bombing like Beyonce's so maybe not...

2 minutes ago, Cheers said:

You're right but Music of The Sun (2005) is outstreaming 4 (2011) & Lemonade (2016)

I meant on average. Those are outliers. Besides 4 and Lemonade did not have hits. 

I believe her when she says that she's reached a point in her life when charts don't matter. Jimmy Buffett said it best in "Who's Gonna Turn on Me?" Good on her for listening to him!

My agent he just called me
And told me what I should be
If I would make my music for money
Instead of making music for me

I said I know that this may sound funny
But money don't mean nothin' to me
I won't make my music for money, no
I'm gonna make my music for me

On 6/26/2024 at 7:54 PM, Trent W said:

NGL those numbers are tragic 

Im even more surprised at her other albums, most are not even hitting a million

I get that she debuted in the 90s but damn her name is soo soo big

One thing is to not care about a current era and another one let your legacy free fall

This is bad management in the streaming era

Not, really her music is terrible. Cowboy Carter still has zero songs above 100 million on Spotify.

1 minute ago, Alexz said:

Not, really her music is terrible. Cowboy Carter still has zero songs above 100 million on Spotify.

Texas hold em? The Miley feature? 

48 minutes ago, Mountain_Aardvark said:

I believe her when she says that she's reached a point in her life when charts don't matter.

It's not about her caring or not. It's about her delusional fans claiming she has shifted the universe when the facts don't back that up AT ALL. Bombing = impact I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

How is LEMONADE only doing 450K? WTFFFFFFF. That's honestly shocking. 

Lemonade is awful and had no hits.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Sex with Rih said:

The Miley feature? 

81M.

38 minutes ago, Yes, AND said:

Cowboy Carter is already at 99 in the UK and about to serve OUT. 

Her english speaking bastions abandoning her.

The album was an embarrassing marketing ploy to do something. I don't know what.  It was only used by desperate influencers looking for an excuse to show off a grown reel in their jockstrap and a cowboy hat. Innovative. Just like that album. Innovative. 

Edited by terrijoe

12 minutes ago, BlueBlue said:

Country isn't popular much outside USA. People worldwide had fun with Beyonce country for a week and they move on 

Rap and country are very regional.  Rap (compared to country)  used to be huge globally at one point. Not so much anymore. 

18 hours ago, terrijoe said:

The album was an embarrassing marketing ploy to do something. I don't know what.  It was only used by desperate influencers looking for an excuse to show off a grown reel in their jockstrap and a cowboy hat. Innovative. Just like that album. Innovative. 

Also the whole radio interludes thing had already been done by the weeknd so to me it felt kind of reductive. 

The album still has zero songs above 100 million on Spotify.

One single, zero promo. Album promoted itself more than Beyonce to be a hit, but can't survive. :duck:

:suburban:

• Like 1

On 6/27/2024 at 12:08 AM, 305 said:

It's always intriguing to me when I see things like this. All this queen this, legend that but no one is tuning in

Isn't also intriguing to you that people aren't supposedly into her sings but still pay for expensive tickets to see her live? Maybe because the larger part of her fan base ain't very active on streaming platforms? I mean, old school people that still buy physical records, or use digital music on different ways...

11 hours ago, TipToe said:

Isn't also intriguing to you that people aren't supposedly into her sings but still pay for expensive tickets to see her live? Maybe because the larger part of her fan base ain't very active on streaming platforms? I mean, old school people that still buy physical records, or use digital music on different ways...

Not a good excuse as many have transitioned over to streaming. It's not 2015.  Stans buy physicals and digitals. In 2024, majority are using streaming especially over the past few years.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.