Cowboy Carter doing worse than Good Girl Gone Bad, why?

Born to Run

Just now, Jay07 said:

Her last 4 projects are over 90 on metacritic. Consumption is not indicative of quality although I know it must be hard for you to wrap your head around that. Art is not for everyone, clearly. Hope that helps.

Yep, this is completely not related to what I said. We're clearly talking about consumption here. Right. She's the most talented musician alive, no doubt, with the best music as well, no f-ing doubt. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Born to Run

• Jay07

• Yes, AND

• Doctor Dick

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Badgalbriel said:

Yep, this is completely not related to what I said. We're clearly talking about consumption here. Right. She's the most talented musician alive, no doubt, with the best music as well, no f-ing doubt. 

Glad we agree :chick1:

20 minutes ago, Love4Janet said:

Beyonce is relevant as a celebrity, but hasn't been as a musician since Single Ladies Selftitled*

Having a very vocal fanbase does not translate to lasting success

This. :cm:

None of her albums since Selftitled really had a lasting impact amongst the GP outside of their initial hype. 'Lemonade' was the closest thing and was pretty major in 2016 but fast-forward to now and it's her least consumed studio album ever and isn't used by anyone outside of critics circles. :deadbanana2:

Thanks to her earlier albums, hits, and name status she continues to remain a huge touring force tho, but so do Coldplay & Springsteen who've also not really been relevant musically for ages. But unlike them, Beyoncé can at least still generate noise with new projects… it just doesn't last long. :gaycat6:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

Charts do not mean anything... like any day one of Bey's tracks could blow up on tiktok and then the album would be on the top 30. Are Beyonce's album tracks overall how playlisted compared to others? Because that's one of the reasons why her albums are "not holding up" on streams. If she's not promoting, they cannot be high... And the tidal thing appears to have had an effect, especially for Lemonade.

But I'm glad Bey is making her own thing, I'm happy she's not doing it for the charts and I cannot wait for the rock act, I'm sure it will be great :heart: I guess with CC, is that country is not that global imo, like I listened it once because it's Beyoncé...

I hate to give this low effort thread that gets made every week for jealous Swifties to let their fumes out more shine but it's obvious at this point Beyoncé cares about two things. Her legacy and massive amounts of money. She only moves for stuff like the Dubai gig, her tours and of course dropping highly respected and acclaimed pieces of art. She's 42 and obviously too mature for her self esteem to hang on streams and chart positions, unlike others close to her age. And it works for her! She's by far the most succesful artist out of her peers and the most respected and acclaimed artist working out there period so why would she care about streams? Let popstars perpetually stuck in high school and the fans who live vicariously through them care about popularity contests, Beyoncé has bigger fish to fry. Her trailblazing, fearless art speaks for itself. Even if it may be too refined for the friendship bracelet crowd.

Tl;dr art is not for everyone. Some aim for the lowest common denominator, others for something more special.

Edited by Jay07
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Thor said:

And that too with like 30 tracks, this is disastrous :rip:

But ATRL told me that more songs = more streams?

taylor-taylor-swift.gif

12 hours ago, 305 said:

It's always intriguing to me when I see things like this. All this queen this, legend that but no one is tuning in

Exactly! This could become a master's thesis  :coffee:

6 hours ago, Bimbo said:

I can't believe some people really said CC was her best album. 

Girl some people said TEXAS was going to be this years FLOWERS. :deadbanana:

15 hours ago, 305 said:

It's always intriguing to me when I see things like this. All this queen this, legend that but no one is tuning in

She literally just had one of the most successful tours ever with only 60 dates. Do you even read what you post? :skull:

It's streamed out on Spotify!

But I do think Bodyguard would be a cute summer single, and give the album a slight push maybe. It won't happen tho.

10 hours ago, Broken said:

But ATRL told me that more songs = more streams?

taylor-taylor-swift.gif

well yes, if people actually stream them 

12 hours ago, Jay07 said:

I hate to give this low effort thread that gets made every week for jealous Swifties to let their fumes out more shine but it's obvious at this point Beyoncé cares about two things. Her legacy and massive amounts of money. She only moves for stuff like the Dubai gig, her tours and of course dropping highly respected and acclaimed pieces of art. She's 42 and obviously too mature for her self esteem to hang on streams and chart positions, unlike others close to her age. And it works for her! She's by far the most succesful artist out of her peers and the most respected and acclaimed artist working out there period so why would she care about streams? Let popstars perpetually stuck in high school and the fans who live vicariously through them care about popularity contests, Beyoncé has bigger fish to fry. Her trailblazing, fearless art speaks for itself. Even if it may be too refined for the friendship bracelet crowd.

Tl;dr art is not for everyone. Some aim for the lowest common denominator, others for something more special.

Lucky for her. 

So flopping - "something more special " now. 

I will use that going forward :)

22 hours ago, Breathe On Moi said:

did she give an interview a week ago saying she literally doesn't care about the charts and numbers etc? I think she's accomplishing what she wants and is fine with it 

It is very convenient to say that when the album is not doing numbers and plummeting on said charts. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, MattieB said:

Can i ask yall a question, what exactly are these stats and charts gonna do in yall lives? which part of the CV is it going on?

Statistical analysis. 

14 hours ago, ChooseyLover said:

With all the Beyoncé slander here you would think her career collapsed :deadbanana2: Rihanna hasn't released music in almost a decade and Beyoncé will always be musically driven and have something to give to her fans, maybe y'all should worry about that pls.

Pls her fans aren't even listening to CC

4 hours ago, Yes, AND said:

Pls her fans aren't even listening to CC

Yeah omg she's such a flop she's OVER!! :monkey:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.