Here's everything we have about Lorde's upcoming album: are you excited for it?

Kayseri Mantisi

I'm very excited!  I've been a fan of Lorde since 2013, and I think she's one of the best songwriters we have today.  PH and Melodrama were both cultural resets.  I know a lot of fans and critics were disappointed by Solar Power, but I still enjoyed it for what it was.  Even though it's not my favorite record of hers, I understand why she released it, as I think it made sense for her at the time (with the pandemic and losing her dog).  I honestly think that L4 is going to be her best work yet.  After hearing her verse on the GSC Remix and seeing the list of producers she's been working with, I just know she's going to come back stronger than ever! Gracie Abrams' plagiarizing ass better take several seats. Mother is coming through to reclaim her throne.

lorde-met-gala2021.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kayseri Mantisi

• Sazare

• pitysmith

• LOTF

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't hate SP as much as some of y'all and i absolutely live for her verse on girl, so confusing.

so yes, I'm sat for her new album

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I really loved her first album but I didn't really connect with Melodrama (most probably an unpopular opinion around here) but I did love Green Light and Perfect Places. The Solar Power songs I listened to just weren't the tea at all. But this upcoming album with the potential producers have me very, very excited. Bring it on, Lorde!

24 minutes ago, LOTF said:

I really loved her first album but I didn't really connect with Melodrama (most probably an unpopular opinion around here) but I did love Green Light and Perfect Places. The Solar Power songs I listened to just weren't the tea at all. But this upcoming album with the potential producers have me very, very excited. Bring it on, Lorde!

My husband is like you. He's still a Pure Heroine's widow to this day, and doesn't like Melodrama at all. He likes Solar Power tho.

Thank you for putting this together!! Such an exciting time after all these vague hints. :heart:

Also, this is a long shot, but does anyone have screenshots of some instagram posts she made a loooong time ago? It was maybe early 2022? She was saying something like "When starting new work it involves an intense period of research." There was one article or book passage about gender, and she has now mentioned that a few times (like the GQ Men of The Year party where she posted "Some days I'm a woman, some days I'm a man" and her recent behind the scenes TMTTR post "masc n femme in balance"). That could all be disconnected, or a red herring, but I do feel like it's on her mind at least. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, pitysmith said:

Thank you for putting this together!! Such an exciting time after all these vague hints. :heart:

Also, this is a long shot, but does anyone have screenshots of some instagram posts she made a loooong time ago? It was maybe early 2022? She was saying something like "When starting new work it involves an intense period of research." There was one article or book passage about gender, and she has now mentioned that a few times (like the GQ Men of The Year party where she posted "Some days I'm a woman, some days I'm a man" and her recent behind the scenes TMTTR post "masc n femme in balance"). That could all be disconnected, or a red herring, but I do feel like it's on her mind at least. 

I definitely remember those posts about bodies & gender, but from what I remember that research thing was from an interview from February 2023 and not an Instagram post.

Is this what you're talking about: https://www.ensemblemagazine.co.nz/articles/lorde-profile

"What Lorde will deliver next is what every fervent fan – she elicits a strong emotional commitment, they are all in – is trying to glean. Yelich-O'Connor already knows what's to come, it is in the works, she confirms. "It has taken me quite a while [to start working on it]. I mean, I do just take a long time… I do a lot of research, I write a lot down. Sort of a big chunk of work before I actually start writing music. So yeah, that's been a really big part of it. It's been super exciting and I feel excited about what's coming." Will her fourth album, L4 as the fans call it as placeholder, be another four-year wait from the last? "You know, it's my intention, it's always my intention, to move as quickly as I f...ing can and then that ends up taking different forms. But this one, I really am trying to. I don't want to wait, you know, so take from that what you will." Surely, she'll rule out 2023 at least, for when we can expect new material – but no, she's keeping hope alive. "Anything could happen. Let's see!"

3 hours ago, Bitter Aging Twink said:

Gracie Abrams' plagiarizing ass better take several seats. Mother is coming through to reclaim her throne.

It's crazy how influential Lorde has remained with just three albums to her name. Close to You is such an obvious Lorde tribute, it's actually somewhat baffling. Even crazier that this is her most successful song to date, earning her her first top 50 hit. I remember when Carly dropped Western Wind and it sort of being one of the first Solar Power daughters. And then Sabrina dropping the Espresso video reminded me of Solar Power cinematic universe too. Maybe she is their favorite artists' favorite reference.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bielneira said:

My husband is like you. He's still a Pure Heroine's widow to this day, and doesn't like Melodrama at all. He likes Solar Power tho.

I think I will give Melodrama another in depth listen, it's been years. However I will not be listening to Solar Power because I do not support the terrorism Antonoff has been doing on mainstream pop music, no sir!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

I definitely remember those posts about bodies & gender, but from what I remember that research thing was from an interview from February 2023 and not an Instagram post.

Is this what you're talking about: https://www.ensemblemagazine.co.nz/articles/lorde-profile

"What Lorde will deliver next is what every fervent fan – she elicits a strong emotional commitment, they are all in – is trying to glean. Yelich-O'Connor already knows what's to come, it is in the works, she confirms. "It has taken me quite a while [to start working on it]. I mean, I do just take a long time… I do a lot of research, I write a lot down. Sort of a big chunk of work before I actually start writing music. So yeah, that's been a really big part of it. It's been super exciting and I feel excited about what's coming." Will her fourth album, L4 as the fans call it as placeholder, be another four-year wait from the last? "You know, it's my intention, it's always my intention, to move as quickly as I f...ing can and then that ends up taking different forms. But this one, I really am trying to. I don't want to wait, you know, so take from that what you will." Surely, she'll rule out 2023 at least, for when we can expect new material – but no, she's keeping hope alive. "Anything could happen. Let's see!"

Thanks again! 

That definitely is the quote. I wonder if she posted those article snippets on her ig around the same time? 😵‍💫

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, LOTF said:

I think I will give Melodrama another in depth listen, it's been years. However I will not be listening to Solar Power because I do not support the terrorism Antonoff has been doing on mainstream pop music, no sir!

Melodrama is largely Antonoff too

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, pitysmith said:

Thanks again! 

10 hours ago, pitysmith said:

Thank you for putting this together!! 

14 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

Thanks for pulling this list!!! 

Very excited 

Of course!! You're welcome :heart: :kiss:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, badvibez said:

Why do you think she's working with Rostam? 

I don't think @Kayseri Mantisi wants to tell us why he thinks Rostam is on the album.

My wish-list would have both Rostam and Ariel Rechtshaid. Ariel Rechtshaid has worked with both Rostam on Modern Vampires of the City and Women in Music Pt. III and also with Dev Hynes on  "Everything Is Embarrassing" and "All That" as well as a lot of early Blood Orange tracks.

@Kayseri Mantisi - Thanks for putting this list together. I'm excited, but ready to wait as it might be a few months left before we see anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Letemtalk said:

I don't think @Kayseri Mantisi wants to tell us why he thinks Rostam is on the album.

Tbh it's because I heard it from some credible people (i didn't hear anything else) and I don't want to say I heard this from that etc etc all the time cuz it's a bit gossipy.... :rip: and since she never confirmed his involvement officially like the others, I don't think Rostam is 100% certain, that's why i don't talk about it. but i did hear he definitely got involved with it at some point, I just don't know if those works will make the album or not.... so yeah wanted to include him on this thread too with all the rumors & more. Melodrama had Jack as the main producer with bunch of other producers on the side & I think this album might also be like that with other producers helping.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I am excited, since it seems like she is gonna go in a different route than the last one. I don't think she will ever reach the highs of Pure heroine or Melodrama again. But I'll be happy to be proven wrong. 

I hope she does do some work with Dan. I feel like she'd suit his production but it might be now or never considering he's likely the next Jack Antonoff of pop.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.