2000 years from now, will any figure of the contemporary era still be remembered?

Feanor

On 6/25/2024 at 7:53 PM, dumbsparce said:

Elvis is barely talked about nowadays, let alone in 2000 years. Maybe Beatles and Madonna will stand the test of time and proceed to eternity along with Ava Max and MJ.

Elvis has millions of impersonators and his home is being visited by 600,000 per year. He's also a force in terms of overall influence on music. 

Edited by Doctor Dick

@Da Vinci and @Doctor Dick I'm on mobile and can't properly quote you. Thank you for clocking my ignorance regarding Elvis, but I'm glad that both of you didn't question Ava Max's place in the hall of eternal fame :clap3:

• Haha 1

World won't be around then. WW3 will clear most of us out 

On 6/25/2024 at 6:25 PM, Feanor said:

… assuming human civilization still exists in 4000 AD ofc. :gaycat6:

But recently I've had a random thought about how many people nowadays still know famous humans of Ancient history, like Cleopatra, Julius Caesar or Alexander the Great… even tho they've all lived well over 2000 years ago. And that made me wonder whether our current contemporary era of human history (generally considered to be 1945 till now) also has famous names like that, political/societal/cultural figures who will last the test of time and still be a recognizable name millennia from now?

If so, which famous humans of the past ~80 years or so do you think are most likely to be remembered 2000 years from now? If any at all?

michael-jackson-reading.gif

A bunch of us Britney mains gathered and formed a secret society dedicated to passing on the legacy of her slaying your faves for generations. We're small now but eventually we will infiltrate your governments and it'll only be a matter of time before the impact of Oops I Did It Again is studied in a chapter next to the reforms of Julius Caesar in schools.

MJ 100%, his figure and role in culture is incredibly unique. He's is going to be the icon of the way we treated celebrity like they were gods or aliens 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.