• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hawx23

• Trent W

• Badgalbriel

• Arrows

I dont think so.  However she will start declining in a few years as shes into her 30s and her fanbase will grow older and lose interest in the teenage/girlie drama stuff she does. Let's be real… Taylor is not an awesome musician, she's very average and bland. Swifities all have a teenager/child mentality, thats why they are devoted to her. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

9 hours ago, hawx23 said:

I just checked China, just in case, to see how global these numbers are — and since she hasn't toured there obviously, it shows it's not only connected to the tour. Here's China: https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&geo=CN&q=Taylor swift&hl=en

Same drop 

They don't really use Google in China :gaycat6:

Also, people tend to use social media to search for news more than Google now.. 

Edited by tomo

In the sense that 2023 was the single biggest year for any artist since The Beatles in 1964, yes, Taylor is down from that peak. However, Taylor in 2024 is still sitting at (or above) the pinnacle years of the careers of several other massively successful artists, so the fade is relative. 

• Like 3

that's for the best because that means less competition to get merch and tickets for me :duca: 

hated how the bandwagon tiktok crowd ruined everything

Everything has an end, this is how the universe was constructed and the world is part of that, also Taylor Swift. It's natural to have the newcomers, new life, new cycle, new life.

So she can manipulate the charts as long she wants, buy awards, release 50 albums in a year, play the victim, try to ruin other people's careers, but her manufactured fame and cult is destined to fade away no matter what.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

Her popularity has increased a lot since 2020 so obviously a lot of people googled her then and in the following years. She's not involved in any scandals or news items, so why would people google her now? That's just common sense I fear. She still has the same amount of success with her actual music 

• Like 2

This is another instance of non-Swifties making impossible expectations for Taylor and then trying to calling it bad when it doesn't match their delusion but it's still leagues ahead everyone else 💀

• Haha 1

It's likely that the absolute peak is passed as of now. It's also very likely this era will not be like Gaga's BTW era that I saw someone mention. Anyway, she'll likely be by far the biggeat pop artist in the world for quite a while yet.

On 6/26/2024 at 11:12 AM, hawx23 said:

I just checked China, just in case, to see how global these numbers are — and since she hasn't toured there obviously, it shows it's not only connected to the tour. Here's China: https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&geo=CN&q=Taylor swift&hl=en

Same drop 

Girl... China doesn't use Google :deadvision:

She's over. I bet her next release barely scraps 1.5 million first week and that'll be the nail in the coffin.  

• Haha 2

On 6/25/2024 at 4:08 PM, By the Water said:

And yet Taylor always finds a way to worm herself into these conversations without even doing anything so...

why can't you people ever reply normally my god

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, James_Joint said:

She's over. I bet her next release barely scraps 1.5 million first week and that'll be the nail in the coffin.  

If she releases RepTV it will be huge, but that's probably her last shot at a 2M debut.

I think so - it's giving 25 Adele vibes in terms of strong initial performance. 

On 6/25/2024 at 10:53 PM, NEX said:

I think she oversaturated herself in 2023/early 2024. The superbowl was the absolute peak of Taylormania. You can see how time pendulum started swinging in the other direction around that time (the Grammys + the Superbowl). She's still massive of course, but people are seriously tired of her and are actively rooting for her downfall. The "reputation tv" that the Swifties are so hopeful for will not aid the situation and will only add to the oversaturation. 2017 was an entirely different beast. She was able to change the perception around the scandal by positioning herself as a victim. This time around she has instead emerged as a bully herself, digging up decade old drama with Kim (despite asking multiple times to be excluded from the narrative) and getting a reputation of a success hungry and greedy chartist who is willing to walk over her competition using shady tactics. 

Just want to point out that what you wrote, i.e., "Kim (despite asking multiple times to be excluded from the narrative)" is so untrue.  If you just look at April this year (2024),  Kim mocked Taylor Swift's dance moves on Tik Tok.  How is this asking to be excluded from the  narrative?

Edited by Dragonbeast

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.