Is Taylormania fading away?

hawx23

2 hours ago, hawx23 said:

massive spike last year

What? The massive spike was literally this year in February when she was the main attraction at the Grammys and the Super Bowl within a single week. :deadbanana2: The search volume now is on par with that of last year, which is very impressive considering all the relationship drama articles the media was churning out at the time re: Matty and Joe + the release of Speak Now TV around that time.

OT: Not even close and OTHs can keep dreaming :heart:

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hawx23

• Trent W

• Badgalbriel

• Arrows

58 minutes ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

"A lot of the GP" here being the echo chamber of Twitter and ATRL.

In the real world, the tour continues to be a monster and, as you say, TTPD is her most successful release ever. It's spent more weeks at number one than many pop girls have spent in their entire careers. 

Twitter discourse (that is also heavily skewed depending on any given person's algorithm) is not an actual indicator of Taylor's public image. Her tour, streams, and sales are.

I'm tired of explaining the difference between massive fanbase and GP

Taylor's fanbase is massive really really big, but outside of people who buy her tour tickets and albums variants she's not as liked this year as she was in 2023 and the earlier years

And good for her? 

She honestly doesn't need that to succeed, if she's still able to sell this much

At the end of the day her haters, the GP and her stanbase live in their own bubbles so the experience is different 

TTPD is a very different era if your social media algorithms are full of swiftie bubbles

why swifties get so triggered anytime someone doesn't bow down to their leader? :michael:

i've seen her get a lot of hate this year between people not liking TTPD and the million variants she released. even when she pops up on my instagram reels its full of comments saying she's overrated. :skull:

obviously taylor-mania is still a thing and doing well, but people outside of her swiftie army are getting tired of her and her antics again. doesn't mean she's anywhere near flopping, i just think the novelty is starting to wear off 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Carry My Heart said:

What? The massive spike was literally this year in February when she was the main attraction at the Grammys and the Super Bowl within a single week. :deadbanana2: The search volume now is on par with that of last year, which is very impressive considering all the relationship drama articles the media was churning out at the time re: Matty and Joe + the release of Speak Now TV around that time.

OT: Not even close and OTHs can keep dreaming :heart:

I'm actually a Swiftie (I guess? lol) and have been to the Eras tour (and might go again).

Believe it or not we can have objective conversations based on metrics without going crazy about it. 

40 minutes ago, brenda-walsh said:

why swifties get so triggered anytime someone doesn't bow down to their leader? :michael:

i really dont like a few of them, always so loud and wrong and defensive, hope they get banned soon

i wish our base could go back to pre folklore

OT: i honestly dont understand why some people got so defensive, the mania can be fading away and she can still be on top, both things can happen at the same time

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

If you're gonna use Google trends as a metric, you also need to take into consideration that her tickets were on sale for the entire world LAST YEAR. This will of course cause a huge spike in searches all over the world. 

3 hours ago, brenda-walsh said:

even when she pops up on my instagram reels its full of comments saying she's overrated. :skull:

This has just been the case every single year since I started being a fan in 2015, it's nothing new. Last year as well. Liking Taylor has never been cool and she honestly feeds off of that.

• Like 2

Yes she's a flop. Watch the overall numbers for TTPD decrease to below a million as fans demand refunds because she is so over

Her downfall is imminent, just you wait, the GP is getting tired of her and her antics, she will not be remembered, she's tainting her legacy, shouting it from the rooftops loudly and frequently etc etc 

- someone in 2009, 2010, 2013, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, etc. 

Edited by PoisonedIvy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Not at all. Taylor is omnipresent you literally can't escape her . I just left the grocery store and almost every magazine at the check out lane was a Taylor Swift cover lol. I also just heard Fortnight at the store too

Edited by PopCultAficionado
  • Like 2

I do think the overall sentiment has shifted to being more negative as compared to last year, probably due to overexposure and TTPD not being as well received an album as Midnights. Well people probably hated her last year as well, but it is a lot more acceptable to voice those sentiments now without as much backlash from the GP, whereas last year it was more in trend to come out as a Swiftie and give her praise for everything she did. I will say the haters can be quite crazy so idk if the Taylormania has gone yet lol.  

Taylor is too big to fail at this point, barring her doing some serious crime, but she might go back to only her fan base rooting for her and GP being indifferent or barely tolerant of her and just writing her off as an artist for teenage girls.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Johnny said:

I'm genuinely curious as to what you think matters when considering an artist's success profile if sales, streaming, and touring stats are not listed on your bingo card.

-

I do agree the 'mania' is past its huge US peak early this year. Anything can still happen to reinvigorate what we were seeing previously, the media are still interested in reporting on her.

Do you remember when Gaga sold 1 million and that was the begining of the end of her peak? Would you say Madonna is doing great because she has #1s and huge touring numbers?
This is not about taylor dissapearing. It's about Taylor mania ending. It is 

Yes Taylormania is fading, but that doesn't mean she isn't still dominating the music industry. "Mania" doesn't last forever and only a few acts have experienced it.

11 hours ago, Arrows said:

If you're gonna use Google stats, no.

She was the most Google'd person on the planet for the past 30 days, more than doubling number two, who's Christiano Ronaldo.

https://meetglimpse.com/insights/most-searched-person/

Not Rihanna and Gaga on the list without having released anything while the sexy confident singer is nowhere to be seen :deadbanana2:

OT: No. It just ain't as high as before. 

12 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

Do you remember when Gaga sold 1 million and that was the begining of the end of her peak? Would you say Madonna is doing great because she has #1s and huge touring numbers?

Wait... that kinda makes sense. 

• Like 1

Maybe in comparison to her ultra-massive peak in 2023/early 2024. I think she's becoming less of a GP darling for the moment as people tire of Taylormania, but she'll be back in their good graces again eventually since the GP always turns on people after a huge era. 

She'll always have her insanely massive fanbase though, so she's going to keep selling and doing extremely well. The Swifties are big enough of a fanbase to more than make up for any support Taylor loses from the GP.

Im on gay twitter and i seen all my mutuals mocking the swifties and sayin how they would never date one. Theyre compared to the BTS fans now
I think she lost so much respect. Too overexposed and the award things and the multiple variants and blocking other singers damaged her reputation

She has her fanbase but she's been clearly losin the GP approval and the industry too (Im 100% sure so many in the industry hate her guts specially the new gen z artists)
I honestly feel like this era was a bit unnecesary. Only brought backlash to her :giraffe: she didnt experiment. It was just there. Such a waste.....maybe she didnt execute this one well cause she's too overworked? tired?

Im totally sure the fans will get bored if she keeps serving another folklore-midnights
more subpar slowtempo melancholic music from jack antonoff. Thats when they will jump ship.
Im in multiple taylor groups and the reception of TTPD was not that great

I think she should adress this hate wave with reputation and one video....then sanitize her image with sweet nostalgia (Debut) and retire for 1 year-2 years
Then once she's rested come stronger than ever with Taylor swift 12th. Uptempo album. Collabs. Colorful. Something new to the typical
If she works with jack antonoff hope is just for 3-4 songs. Another whole project from him would be honestly make me uninterested about her music.
Sayin this as a long term-fan. :zsgaymuscat:
Then have kids and release her RAY OF LIGHT or visual album....  TAYLOR SWIFT 13th

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TTPD has been doing numbers but at the same time it damaged her image and likability a lot. Many critics started to turn on her. Many of the GP started to see the real her with her greediness and wanting to block other female artists. 

2 hours ago, Digitalism said:

I was actually about to say this. Clearly BTW turned many people off because Gaga went the religious-route/theme too quickly and the GP wasnt ready for it (well they are ready now in 2024 :skull: with its current streaming surge) but it's the beginning of her downfall after all. I can see a similar case if Taylor doesnt switch up. Imagine if her next album be another Midnights/TTPD/basically another Jack Antonoff album :deadbanana4: but Taylor is a smart business woman (not a good artist tho, it's ironic since Gaga started her downfall for being true to herself - being a great artist with BTW, while it's the opposite case with Taylor, they are in the same situation with GP reception, the GP was not ready for Gaga's artistry back then, this time the GP is seeing thru Taylor being a business savvy). Again, knowing that Taylor is a great business woman, she knows everything, so dont worry, she will do anything to be on top again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.