Is Taylor Swift the main character of the music industry?

Badgalbriel

This thread a 100% unnecessary. Unless you live under a rock, you know she is the most impactful pop star since Madonna and MJ. This is a FACT!

Her receiving backlash or having haters criticising everything is the outcome of her gigantic size in the industry. This is Pop Music! if you like her or not is a personal choice! 

For being brought up in every discussion and thread, blame both her obsessive fans and her obsessive haters! They both so an excellent job spreading negativity with their annoying toxicity! 

• Confused 1

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badgalbriel

• Jay07

• PoisonedIvy

• TitanicSurvivor

9 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

i thought taylor's actions meant nothing :confused: she's suddenly influential, now?

Yes, she is. Being influential is different from being politically responsible. 

When the Swifties make another pointless circlejerk thread and then cry that everyone is dunking on her. 

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

An undeserved casting choice if you will.

spacer.png

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

When the Swifties make another pointless circlejerk thread and then cry that everyone is dunking on her. 

As opposed to the circlejerk threads you guys make? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dirrtydiana said:

She can't even get one bigger than teenage dream let alone 25 lol needless to say mention the Oscars or a great MC score lol

Numbers...numbers...numbers...

tumblr_pvwjflb2zN1ystvo4o1_400.gif

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

As opposed to the circlejerk threads you guys make? 

I've never made a Taylor thread in my life but from what I've seen all threads made about her are usually about something concrete that people can discuss like "Taylor releases another 20 variants" or "Taylor tries to block another female singer" and not needy "please validate my stanning" threads. Like, what are you trying to accomplish with this thread? 

Edited by Jay07
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

Yes she is. Look @ the usuals who flocked in here to fume more. She's inescapable even for those who despise her, they can't help but to talk about her 

:ryan3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

I've never made a Taylor thread in my life but from what I've seen all threads made about her are usually about something concrete that people can discuss like "Taylor releases another 20 variants" or "Taylor tries to block another female singer" and not needy "please validate my stanning" threads. Like, what are you trying to accomplish with this thread? Does Taylor being popular make you feel better?

"mega viral this, "mega viral that", "mega viral x", "mega viral y"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TitanicSurvivor said:

She's a legend, she's a mother, she's a diva, at first there was a word, and that word was KARLEUSA

IMG_3764.gif?extra=X4qtSpNfGBkShgKt_yxf1

Stop talking about people we need to google for.

Also, I think it makes sense that she is the main character... she has has been tirelessly seeking for validation and is easly threatened by fellow female acts who want to have a piece of the cake so she eats the whole cake no matter if she is already full and had plenty of cake already.. she wont share and will eat the whole thing.

• Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

Stop talking about people we need to google for.

I'm working for your education! Thank me later!

not really, lmao

i mean one could argue that her popularity alone could give her that status, but comparing her w other girlies that has been the ''main character'' of music over the years (Gaga, Bey, RiRi, etc) she just lacks that X factor that would make her into something special and memorable

so no

Edited by Petra von Kant
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Petra von Kant said:

not really, lmao

i mean one could argue that her popularity alone could give her that status, but comparing her w other girlies that has been the ''main character'' of music over the years (Gaga, Bey, RiRi, etc) she just lacks that X factor that would make her into something special and memerable

so no

Rih Rih? Love her, but she has never been the main character ever. 

• Like 1

Yes, people user her name for clout because they know people will always be interested on anything she does. She IS the music industry 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

she has never been the main character ever. 

she's ******* rihanna

even the fact alone that you're writing this is just ridiculous, no offense 

3 minutes ago, Petra von Kant said:

she's ******* rihanna

even the fact alone that you're writing this is just ridiculous, no offense 

But rihanna never had the #1 best selling anything, all her releases were always overshadowed by a bigger album, a bigger single, etc. She's never been IFPI's #1 global artist and she's also never had the most acclaimed album of X year. Taylor is leagues above Rihanna when it comes to album sales and public domination. The only thing Rihanna has that's bigger than any of Taylor's side projects and also bigger than any other artist's projects is her makeup brand.

Edited by Trainwreck

50 minutes ago, Petra von Kant said:

not really, lmao

i mean one could argue that her popularity alone could give her that status, but comparing her w other girlies that has been the ''main character'' of music over the years (Gaga, Bey, RiRi, etc) she just lacks that X factor that would make her into something special and memerable

so no

Out of these three the only one has been the main character is Gaga, which only lasted like 2 years. Rihanna is be loved, but she is never the main character ever during her peak period, Bey is closer to it but I still don't think she is

To be main charcter you need to always discussed, be loved, or be hated but can't be avoided. Your personal life is under the spotlight, your album release is a event. The whole industry is watching your next move. It's the attention that people care what about you and anything you do, from you new single to your political opinion, makes you a "main character", not the random "X factor" that nobody know or cares. Nobody cares about your persoanally feeling

Britney (1999-2004)/Gaga (2009-2011)/ Taylor (2014-now) is the perfect defination of "main charactor". Adele is huge commercially but people don't really care about her persoanally life or opinion,so she is not either. 

Edited by Monster Queen

36 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

But rihanna never had the #1 best selling anything, all her releases were always overshadowed by a bigger album, a bigger single, etc. She's never been IFPI's #1 global artist and she's also never had the most acclaimed album of X year. Taylor is leagues above Rihanna when it comes to album sales and public domination. The only thing Rihanna has that's bigger than any of Taylor's side projects and also bigger than any other artist's projects is her makeup brand.

Who the **** cares lmao. Rihanna is undoubtedly one of the biggest pop stars ever and swifties are being dumb trying to state otherwise :rip:

Literally the only other person from this era that's outsold Taylor in terms of records is Rihanna trying to make it as though Rihanna has never had commercial success outside make up is stupid and further shows swifties are either delusional or have no clue about other musicians outside their fave.

• Thanks 6

6 hours ago, WildHeart said:

Numbers...numbers...numbers...

tumblr_pvwjflb2zN1ystvo4o1_400.gif

The projection…

nowhere in that post did I mention numbers. If you get numbers from anything I typed that says more about you sweetie :celestial4: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.