Is Taylor Swift the main character of the music industry?

Badgalbriel

Well no, there's plenty of things going on in pop culture right now that don't involve her.

Sure, Taylor gets the most attention and is a "main character" in that way, but she's not all-encompassing.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badgalbriel

• Jay07

• PoisonedIvy

• TitanicSurvivor

I truly want to know if there's anything else that runs through y'all's minds. Cause there is NO way THIS is how y'all use yall's thread-making privileges/time.:deadbanana2:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Just going through this forum last week shows that this is definitely not the case. 

It's a matter of time

First a person just doesn't agree. But when you post 24/7 that she is the best that creates the hater.

And it works the other way around too. Swifties being attacked all the time has created some stans that are really out of touch with reality.

And this is not a Swifty thing. Is a fan thing. So this thread is actually creating more haters and stans as we speak until that bubble burst and Taylor falls from her peak. It's not helping

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cuteboyzay said:

I truly want to know if there's anything else that runs through y'all's minds. Cause there is NO way THIS is how y'all use yall's thread-making privileges/time.:deadbanana2:

As opposed to what, making countless threads hating on her?

:ryan3:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, lonnie said:

A star of her magnitude is bound to generate lots of discussion what exactly is being insinuated that Taylor is huge like don't we all know it :rip:

It's another pathetic circlejerk thread for the hardcore stans to vicariously live through her success. Best to not give the attention they're so desperately craving.

OT: I'll just say this: for those who don't care or dislike Taylor Swift, it's much healthier and wiser to simply stop talking about her and bringing her up unprovoked. Share your love and appreciation for other artists instead, highlight other noteworthy pop culture phenomenons. When you're dealing with someone who thrives on excessive exposure - positive or otherwise, the best approach is to ignore them. The media, industry, and Swift's marketing team might be pushing extremely hard to make her this unavoidable phenomenon, but monoculture is thankfully a thing of the past, especially for those who aren't chronically online.

And honestly, when you go outside the social media bubble, that's exactly what the general public is doing, given how "Fortnight" has been completely overshadowed by all types of exciting, fresh, and fun music. 😉

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

33 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

This is what shows up when I Google this name 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWhuU4l6223bx9jt6noKU

google karleusa and you will see that she sold 53 mlns copies of her albums in Serbia only!!!

8 minutes ago, cuteboyzay said:

This is one thread about her compared to the dozens this last week hating on her. Care to elaborate your point? 

Again for the third time y'all are NOT complaining about this thread when y'all are perfectly happy starting threads on random columnists not liking her :bibliahh:

OT:

So tell me everything is not about me
But what if it is?

Edited by AndThenTheCocaine
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Devin said:

threads like these is why ppl drag swifties. :bird:

This. These meltdowns are ridiculous :deadbanana4:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Diesel is Desire said:

As opposed to what, making countless threads hating on her?

99% of those "hate" threads you're speaking of aren't even hate threads, just observations and things that have also called out her odd behavior in the music industry. :rip:

I think the bigger concern here is the fragility and coddle-like behavior most Stans and ATRL has for Taylor Swift lmao. This form of "hate" that she has experienced is nothing in comparison to the rest of the female entertainers. :deadbanana2:

I just wished more Swifties realized they make it difficult for a lot of people to give her a chance and enjoy her music.

• Thanks 7
  • Thumbs Down 3

Just now, Erreur2 La Nature said:

This. These meltdowns are ridiculous :deadbanana4:

This thread is not a meltdown though, like not even remotely lol

• Thanks 7

Just now, PoisonedIvy said:

This thread is not a meltdown though, like not even remotely lol

Opening a thread to complain about people who complain about his fave is a meltdown. It's just so childish :deadbanana4:

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

8 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

This is one thread about her compared to the dozens this last week hating on her. Care to elaborate your point? 

I understand where you're coming from, but I feel if the only reason for making these threads is for the sake of only OTHers then it loses it's point. Make threads praising her for her music and songwriting ability that creates new Stans and her iconic moments. Threads like these are bound to gravitate negative reactions unfortunately. 

Edited by cuteboyzay
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Opening a thread to complain about people who complain about his fave is a meltdown. It's just so childish :deadbanana4:

The OP is not complaining though, it's entertaining observations if anything. I feel like yall don't see the humor we see in all of the hate :rip: Yall think the fanbase is self-victimizing but I never see that side of things, I really just see us poking fun at the absurdity and hypocrisy that we witness daily 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

It's a simple question lol. Is she the main character or not? 

8 minutes ago, cuteboyzay said:

I understand where you're coming from, but I feel if the only reason for making these threads is for the sake of only OTHers then it loses it's point. Make threads praising her for her music and songwriting ability that creates new Stans and her iconic moments. Threads like these are bound to gravitate negative reactions unfortunately. 

We do that too. An here I am praising her for being the main character of the music industry 

1 hour ago, HappierJealousy said:

Her former daughter is the queen of Gen Z

To be the queen of gen z, you need to last more than 1 year.

13 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

It's a simple question lol. Is she the main character or not? 

It's not a simple question, you are asking for attention and complaining about people who criticize her.

You do not need to ask ATRLers if « she's the main character or not », to know that your fave is the artist who's selling the most at the moment and by far. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

It's not a simple question, you are asking for attention and complaining about people who criticize her.

You do not need to ask ATRLers if « she's the main character or not », to know that your fave is the artist who's selling the most at the moment and by far. 

It's not about sales. It's about the conversation around her. You guys can only talk about sales and numbers. It's crazy. 

Edited by Badgalbriel
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.