• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• curiousladybug

• BANKS

• terrijoe

I feel like this era was made for Glastonbury and it's doing its thing. It's not a success by any means, but I wouldn't call it a flop either. It's underperforming for sure, but at least she served some amazing songs like Houdini, TS and Maria and also a pretty solid album. I wouldn't count her out yet. Remember New Rules and Levitating were released long after the albums came out and became two of her biggest hits. Let's have faith in the deluxe. :gayalipacat2:

12 hours ago, lauren198 said:

Because it's a fan bases rivalry thing and the only fan base that rivaled hers a bit was Camila's, which is performing worse.

I agree

Most people enjoy Dua. So they don't care that much when she flops

Because she didn't technically "flop" and because there was no spectacular downfall or drama that would get attention. It almost feels like the era never happened.

• Like 1

Not really a fan of Dua but i don't think she flopped that hard? No? At least not on the level of Bionic's flop. Neither her peak is as big as Christina's. 

She decided to let her true musical taste leak out and make clear as a European she was not influenced by or exposed to Rn'B music on the radio when she was little (to the extent Americans are) because she was not born and raised in America. Big deal.

This is her Euro Festival era. She literally dgaf and wants to be in a bikini with a hugo spritz smoking a Marlboro Gold. It just crossed 1bn streams i think anyway so i think she's doing just fine 

Both her and her fans arent cocky and annoying like some other bases. So people don't feel the need to bully them when they underperform. 

Is it really a flop? Let's see, she debuted at #2 on the BB200 with a top 20 lead single. She did well. Her singles may not have been huge successes in the US but the worldwide streams are impressive. She's selling out venues. This was not on Future Nostalgia's level of success but definitely not a flop.

• Like 2

its better that way. 

On 6/26/2024 at 10:05 AM, katara said:

Whatcha Doing* feat Bruno Mars

here for it 

On 6/26/2024 at 9:02 PM, PoisonPill said:

Because she didn't technically "flop" and because there was no spectacular downfall or drama that would get attention. It almost feels like the era never happened.

This, the album simply doesn't exist in most people's minds 

This generation's Ellie Goulding. This was her Delirium

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.